Sooners 2018 Thread

Mr. P

58 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Right to College Station lol.

There was a pretty good back forth on Twitter discussing when was the last time someone called OU a tough team. I think Wylie is going to be a shot in the arm in that regard. Then it'll be up to Stoops to deploy them. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

There was a pretty good back forth on Twitter discussing when was the last time someone called OU a tough team. I think Wylie is going to be a shot in the arm in that regard. Then it'll be up to Stoops to deploy them. 

2004 is probably the answer to that.

The 2009 defense was pretty nasty though.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:47 AM, MavGrad99 said:

He needs to find a way to keep some of the random talent in NY in state... right now all of those guys are going to Michigan and Ohio St and Penn St.

Winning more than 4 games a season would be a good start

• 3 weeks later...

Wylie energizes with hands-on approach in OU's strength and conditioning program 

CeeDee Lamb just wanted to gain weight.

A lanky 6-foot-1 wide receiver, Lamb tried to add muscle to pad his wiry frame last season and throughout his four years in high school.

But no matter what he tried, it just didn't work.

Then, Bennie Wylie arrived at Oklahoma, and everything changed.

In the two months since Wylie started working with the Sooners as the director of sports performance for football, Lamb has gained 11 pounds of muscle.

Last year, he was listed at 173 pounds on the roster. Now, he said, he weighs 200 pounds — 203 on a good day.

And it's all thanks to Wylie.

Bummer about LandThieves going offline. I really hope someone finds a way to bring it back somewhere else. It was one of the better message board out there.

Yo @sawemoff, @Valhalla, let me know if they end up re-launching it somewhere else. I just can't go back to SoonerFans, OUInsiders, or any of those other garbage sites. I'm only on Reddit intermittently, and nowhere near as often as LT or Smoaky.

Between LT shutting down and Smoaky being in the slow season, my work productivity is gonna go through the roof.  :woot: 

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

Bummer about LandThieves going offline. I really hope someone finds a way to bring it back somewhere else. It was one of the better message board out there.

Yo @sawemoff, @Valhalla, let me know if they end up re-launching it somewhere else. I just can't go back to SoonerFans, OUInsiders, or any of those other garbage sites. I'm only on Reddit intermittently, and nowhere near as often as LT or Smoaky.

Between LT shutting down and Smoaky being in the slow season, my work productivity is gonna go through the roof.  :woot: 

be careful about raising expectations :lol: 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, AKA said:

They created a Reddit thread for land thieves. I don’t know how much posting will actually happen there.

I don’t have anywhere to rant about the Thunder anymore lol. The NBA thread on Smoaky is always dead.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Red90fly said:

RB Isaiah Spiller has decommitted.  A&M legacy.

16 hours ago, KingStoney said:

The inevitable has happened....Isaiah Spiller has decommitted from OU. The Aggie legacy should be making his way back to Aggieland.

Not saying I didn't want him (or that he wouldn't have done well at OU) but yeah, there was a certain inevitability to him flipping...  

Oh well, fortunately RB isn't a position we're usually hurting at. The good news is that it opens a spot for us to target some other guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great haul but Riley will learn you gotta spread these guys out. Let the momentum linger.

They are putting together a salty class.  Not sure who they are in a good spot with for DL and LB??  RRR game is going to be as intense as its ever been going forward and I love it.

• Mr. P locked this topic