Longhorns 2018 Thread

From what I've gathered on several sites it looks like every 2018 recruit has arrived (except Angilau who arrives next week).  Nice to see since it always seems like one or two never make it or don't arrive until later on (D. Miller last year, Fowler year before).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red90fly said:

From what I've gathered on several sites it looks like every 2018 recruit has arrived (except Angilau who arrives next week).  Nice to see since it always seems like one or two never make it or don't arrive until later on (D. Miller last year, Fowler year before).

Is Miller still going to Texas? haven't heard anything since he was ruled ineligble.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:32 AM, JustAFan11 said:

I live in the woods of a small East Texas community and love it. 

But my wife and I make the 5 hour drive to Austin once or twice and year and it’s awesome. The congestion and construction is what it is, we expect it and mentally prepare for it. We try to stay downtown and walk wherever we go. The only place we go to every time is our favorite restaurant, other than that we always do something different. 

Oh dude I live in College Station but I go to Austin at least 1 weekend a month. So much great food, so much to do (mostly we go to the river to kayak or stand up paddleboard), and we have several friends there. The people can be strange, but there's plenty going on there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I was under the impression that Shepherd was going to be in College Station all weekend

No, he posted a pic that he is on his way to Austin with a couple of his High School teammates and trainer. Some are saying he will commit in 10 days on his birthday. 

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I was under the impression that Shepherd was going to be in College Station all weekend

No it’s been reported by Texas sites for a couple of days now that he was making his way to Austin on Saturday. A&M mods haven’t touched this topic since midweek. There is a lot of moving parts with his recruitment. Apparently now the Footwork King is involved and his his own coaches were giving him a ride instead of Green and his plans changed a couple of times this week. This recruitment imo is over. He will be announcing to Texas within the next couple of weeks 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No it’s been reported by Texas sites for a couple of days now that he was making his way to Austin on Saturday. A&M mods haven’t touched this topic since midweek. There is a lot of moving parts with his recruitment. Apparently now the Footwork King is involved and his his own coaches were giving him a ride instead of Green and his plans changed a couple of times this week. This recruitment imo is over. He will be announcing to Texas within the next couple of weeks 

👌 

34CAE22C-CC46-47D0-B502-5582E8D0F500.png

Texas still trying to work the Mom angle. They’ll recruit him until the ink dries but I think Texas needs a 10 win, Big 12 championship type season to win this recruitment. Even then they’ll need Bama to fill up on the DL and ATM to struggle. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

34CAE22C-CC46-47D0-B502-5582E8D0F500.png

Texas still trying to work the Mom angle. They’ll recruit him until the ink dries but I think Texas needs a 10 win, Big 12 championship type season to win this recruitment. Even then they’ll need Bama to fill up on the DL and ATM to struggle. 

Didn’t I see this on an Aggie thread?  Who else is he being recruited by and I want to see their tweets :lol: 

Nothing wrong with sending mom a little love. I truly believe that's what helped Mack Brown so early in his career at Texas. He catered to the parents and was a pioneer when it came to allowing parents behind the scenes during the recruiting process.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Nothing wrong with sending mom a little love. I truly believe that's what helped Mack Brown so early in his career at Texas. He catered to the parents and was a pioneer when it came to allowing parents behind the scenes during the recruiting process.

Especially in single parent households... show love to the parents... the kids will usually listen and mom is the authority.

• Mr. P locked this topic