Longhorns 2018 Thread

This was a team that I thought had some promise to surprise OU, but they aren't winning the Big XII with this offense this year.  If they don't improve a lot, very quickly, you guys are looking at another 6-6, 7-5 type of season....

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yep

Please don’t make wetsu right... again. 

In all seriousness though, Texas will win this one. They have momentum and Maryland is getting tired. Barring something crazy, I see Texas coming back strong to finish this one off. Something like 37-31.

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Please don’t make wetsu right... again. 

In all seriousness though, Texas will win this one. They have momentum and Maryland is getting tired. Barring something crazy, I see Texas coming back strong to finish this one off. Something like 37-31.

I said I didn’t have a good feeling going into this game.  I also think I said 7/5-8/4, but better with improved OL and overall offensive play

11 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

all they needed was me to talk bad about them...  Ehlinger using his legs, makes his arm so much more dangerous

100% correct. Just like with VY (not on that level obviously), Ehlinger’s feet open receivers with threat of him running. Don’t need to try to force him to stand in the pocket like Tom Brady. He’s no Tom Brady and needs to utilize all of his skills and the coaches need to understand that. Mack finally quit trying to dictate VY’s play and Ehlinger needs to be encouraged to use his feet to help the passing game be more effective.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Being right against db isn't really anything to be proud of, dude. It should be the default. lmao!

What did he say I disagreed on?  I didn’t say Texas would win the Big12.  Could they?  Sure, but it was going to take massive improvement on offense.  I said with some improvement they could win 9 and 7/8 otherwise

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

100% correct. Just like with VY (not on that level obviously), Ehlinger’s feet open receivers with threat of him running. Don’t need to try to force him to stand in the pocket like Tom Brady. He’s no Tom Brady and needs to utilize all of his skills and the coaches need to understand that. Mack finally quit trying to dictate VY’s play and Ehlinger needs to be encouraged to use his feet to help the passing game be more effective.

I somewhat agree with that about Ehlinger.  However his problem last year was leaving the pocket before the rush got to him and also before his wr were breaking their routes.  Several missed open receivers last year in several games,  I think they’ve encouraged to get through his progressions before he bolted.  Yes the running will open up the offense some, but attacking the secondary and completing passes will help the running backs too

• Mr. P locked this topic