Longhorns 2018 Thread

25 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Texas has won the last 3 games by 14 points.  These were the kind of games they were losing last year.

This team still plays to level of its competition, which is frustrating.

I really think if Ehlinger plays, this game isn't even close 

38 minutes ago, TxFight said:

Texas could climb to as high as #5, although UGA May only slip to there. Bama   may have been slightly wounded tonight as well. Not that I think they have played to that caliber yet, but could this team be in control of their CFP destiny?

UGA and LSU may both be ranked ahead of Texas. 

Beuchele probably is better than he showed today but we see why he is #2......Offensive line is better than last year, better than some Big XII lines, but still average at best — and not what I expect for the University of Texas.....with the W V lose, U T goes 4 - 1 the next 5 games they make the championship game. 

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Beuchele probably is better than he showed today but we see why he is #2......Offensive line is better than last year, better than some Big XII lines, but still average at best — and not what I expect for the University of Texas.....with the W V lose, U T goes 4 - 1 the next 5 games they make the championship game. 

Yes, if he’s not rusty (game reps) he’s a better passer, but you could see the difference in the Offense as a whole when the threat of the qb runs weren’t there.  Baylor’s D was able to focus solely on the RB.  He was, however, good enough to help his team win, get to bowl eligibility and keep on top of the conference

17 hours ago, TxFight said:

Hard to complain about the score right now. Texas with a 23-10 lead and ehlinger supposedly being re-evaluated. Not getting my hopes up. Either, hopefully we see a heavy dose of Ingram this half. Unreal how the coaching staff lets him disappear.

It's an AC sprain... meaning, if its not surgical, he will play as soon as he gets his Range of Motion and strength back.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Should’ve punted, 51 is asking too much of the freshman.

Disagree. The kid proved that he can deliver in a tough situation (see the OU game). He certainly has the length as you can see from previous FG's where he cleared the bar easily.

i believe that all of his misses this year have all been when he hooked the ball too much. 

He will conintie to grow and will hopefully learn from each opportunity.

24 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Disagree. The kid proved that he can deliver in a tough situation (see the OU game). He certainly has the length as you can see from previous FG's where he cleared the bar easily.

i believe that all of his misses this year have all been when he hooked the ball too much. 

He will conintie to grow and will hopefully learn from each opportunity.

I understand your thought but my thinking was the punter has been at his best dropping the ball near the goaline and Baylor wasn’t going to drive the field on the defense. 

I could be mistaken but I think there was around 7 minutes left and I felt like if the defense could force a 3&out, the offense would get the ball with field position to try and ice it. 

I have no doubt Dicker will be hitting 51 yarders by the time he is done at Texas. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I understand your thought but my thinking was the punter has been at his best dropping the ball near the goaline and Baylor wasn’t going to drive the field on the defense. 

I could be mistaken but I think there was around 7 minutes left and I felt like if the defense could force a 3&out, the offense would get the ball with field position to try and ice it. 

I have no doubt Dicker will be hitting 51 yarders by the time he is done at Texas. 

I agree with you, but Texas won and now on to the bye week.

• Mr. P locked this topic