Longhorns 2018 Thread

No matter what happens elsewhere, I just want Texas to win these last 2 games. Show that the next step in the process is being taken. 9-3 and finally completely competitive with a legitimate chance to win every game would be a big step. Plus, it probably lands Texas in a pretty prominent bowl game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, TxFight said:

No matter what happens elsewhere, I just want Texas to win these last 2 games. Show that the next step in the process is being taken. 9-3 and finally completely competitive with a legitimate chance to win every game would be a big step. Plus, it probably lands Texas in a pretty prominent bowl game. 

Doing this would exceed expectation imo

I've got this, guys. I'll tell you what he's trying to say.... I speak Lion. 

"This is an interesting matchup because while Texas has more talent, the Iowa State coach is a very good coach who gets more out of less talent. He's definitely primed to take a job at a bigger school within the next few years. With Tom Herman struggling at first he could've been a great candidate for the Texas job, but Herman is turning things around after all. With Urban Meyer struggling with health issues at Ohio State, he could very likely be the successor for that job."

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

39 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

"This is an interesting matchup because while Texas has more talent, the Iowa State coach is a very good coach who gets more out of less talent. He's definitely primed to take a job at a bigger school within the next few years. With Tom Herman struggling at first he could've been a great candidate for the Texas job, but Herman is turning things around after all. With Urban Meyer struggling with health issues at Ohio State, he could very likely be the successor for that job."

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

The Office Thank You GIF

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Nice translation 

I heard Zach Smith has the inside track for the Ohio State head coaching job.

ok but seriously...if Urban's ("brain tumor"/need to spend time with family/retiring) reason for leaving at the end of the year (utter nonsense...he just doesn't like conflict...can't deal with it...some people can't...it's not fun and it makes it where he wants out and he "becomes deathly ill") then I think the Buckeyes should give Greg Schiano a serious look. It was dumb for him not to get the Tennessee job and he was a powerhouse winner at Rutgers when nobody else has ever been able to do that. 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:47 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Understanding Lion speak is a graduate level course. Did your parents balk at paying the tuition for this course at the time? Little did they know that it would pay off.

2 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Understanding Lion speak is a graduate level course. Did your parents balk at paying the tuition for this course at the time? Little did they know that it would pay off.

in-state tuition and a pell grant helped pay for that one :p 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic