Longhorns 2018 Thread

56 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texags is giggling right now, but it’s a wise choice to keep Orlando happy in Austin 

Same guys that started a rumor about TO being the top candidate at ND I'm sure. 

Orlando absolutely deserves a raise. He had a great season turning around Abbas defense and then proved himself in the bowl game by shutting down Missouri with 4 key defenders missing the game. 

With new AD Del Conte running things now I think we'll see Texas taking care of their own a lot better now. 

2018 Texas Longhorns football schedule

Texas at Maryland — Saturday, Sept. 1

Tulsa at Texas — Saturday, Sept. 8

USC at Texas — Saturday, Sept. 15

TCU at Texas — Saturday, Sept. 22

Texas at Kansas State — Saturday, Sept. 29

Texas vs. Oklahoma (Red River Showdown) — Saturday, Oct. 6

Baylor at Texas — Saturday, Oct. 13

Texas at Oklahoma State — Saturday, Oct. 27

West Virginia at Texas — Saturday, Nov. 3

Texas at Texas Tech — Saturday, Nov. 10

Iowa State at Texas — Saturday, Nov. 17

Texas at Kansas — Friday, Nov. 23

I have to admit, hiring Del Conte was a homerun. Had Perrin still been AD there may have been some indecision about raising Orlando's salary. No disrespect to Perrin, he stabilized the program, but he was the interim AD and sometimes it showed. And had it been Steve 'Dumpster Fire' Patterson it would have been a no go from the get go.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Baron said:

I have to admit, hiring Del Conte was a homerun. Had Perrin still been AD there may have been some indecision about raising Orlando's salary. No disrespect to Perrin, he stabilized the program, but he was the interim AD and sometimes it showed. And had it been Steve 'Dumpster Fire' Patterson it would have been a no go from the get go.

Calling him "Dumpster Fire" may be doing him a favor. Complete joke!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTrump said:

They are LOADED in the back end. 

Coburn is a beast in the middle at NG, Adeoye physically looks like a college ILB right now and Hobbs has good potential at OLB.  Lots of options to finish the class on DL in Carson, Ojomo, V. Jackson, Ossai and some Louisiana guys who will be visiting later in the month.

Another thing is OL and DL are deep in-state for 2019.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Coburn is a beast in the middle at NG, Adeoye physically looks like a college ILB right now and Hobbs has good potential at OLB.  Lots of options to finish the class on DL in Carson, Ojomo, V. Jackson, Ossai and some Louisiana guys who will be visiting later in the month.

Another thing is OL and DL are deep in-state for 2019.

I like it, building with major depth. Rotating players are key in todays game.

Kris Boyd

P J Locke

Chris Brown

Davante Davis

Brandon Jones

John Bonney

Eric Cuffee

Josh Thompson

Kobe Boyce

Montrell Estell

B J Foster

Anthony Cook

Caden Sterns

Jalen Green

DeMarvion Overshown

D'shawn Jaimison

With the turnover of QB's in the Big 12 this group of talented DB's should dominate.

Texas looking at a couple of Grad transfers on the OL

Calvin Anderson (Rice)- originally from Austin and parents live/work in Austin 

Casey Tucker (Stanford) - May visit this weekend

Anderson started 30+ games for Rice at LT

Tucker got injured in 2016 and missed this past season. He could also get drafted this year. Some mock drafts have him going in the later rounds.

I hope Texas can get both of them to improve depth. I've seen some film of Anderson and he is better than anything we have coming back at Tackle. While Tucker played and started for Stanford in 2016, I'll take any linemen that went to Stanford.

Edited by thegreatbambino

4 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas looking at a couple of Grad transfers on the OL

Calvin Anderson (Rice)- originally from Austin and parents live/work in Austin 

Casey Tucker (Stanford) - May visit this weekend

Anderson started 30+ games for Rice at LT

Tucker got injured in 2016 and missed this past season. He could also get drafted this year. Some mock drafts have him going in the later rounds.

I hope Texas can get both of them to improve depth. I've seen some film of Anderson and he is better than anything we have coming back at Tackle. While Tucker played and started for Stanford in 2016, I'll take any linemen that went to Stanford.

These would be awesome and ease the JUCO misses! 

• Mr. P locked this topic