Longhorns 2018 Thread

5 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

DE Myron Warren out of Louisiana commits.  Will probably have to sweat this one out to see if LSU offers.  Taking his OV in a couple of weeks.  

Great pickup. Like you said this one isn’t over until the ink is dry because LSU still lurks. 

Texas has done a nice job the last 3 classes grabbing late blooming Louisiana prospects. I love the way this staff recruits. 

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great pickup. Like you said this one isn’t over until the ink is dry because LSU still lurks. 

Texas has done a nice job the last 3 classes grabbing late blooming Louisiana prospects. I love the way this staff recruits. 

He looks like he has a little M. Roach in him.  Sr. year film looks real good.  Hopefully the staff can get him to sign in December.  

Hopefully Texas closes on dl with juco Jacoby Jones.  

I think Texas will land some studs in 2020 dl like Dorbah and Broughton.

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

He looks like he has a little M. Roach in him.  Sr. year film looks real good.  Hopefully the staff can get him to sign in December.  

Hopefully Texas closes on dl with juco Jacoby Jones.  

I think Texas will land some studs in 2020 dl like Dorbah and Broughton.

Trench recruiting next year should be nice. There are a lot of studs on both lines. 

Am I the only one that is a little bothered by Herman referring to this team being “overacheivers”? I get the whole trying to stay humble & grounded but this is Texas Tom.. there’s big expectations always & your suppose to be in position to compete for conference titles. If I was one of the players on the team, I would be a little bothered by this. Almost comes off as my head coach didn’t have this much belief in his team to be in position to play & possibly win a conference title this year?

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Am I the only one that is a little bothered by Herman referring to this team being “overacheivers”? I get the whole trying to stay humble & grounded but this is Texas Tom.. there’s big expectations always & your suppose to be in position to compete for conference titles. If I was one of the players on the team, I would be a little bothered by this. Almost comes off as my head coach didn’t have this much belief in his team to be in position to play & possibly win a conference title this year?

Herman was brought to Texas to rebuild the program. Year 1 was terrible, year 2 win the games you should and be in the games you shouldn’t, year 3 win the conference, year 4 be in the playoffs. 

The teams goal this year was to compete for the Big12 with a program expectation of 8-9 wins and stack another top 5 recruiting class. They probably thought they could sweep the non-con and 6-3 of 5-4 in conference. 

They are ahead of schedule partly because the Big12 isn’t as good as we thought it would be and the Texas offense has out preformed expectations. 

Think about this: Texas is a 2-pt conversion from being in the top 10 and being talked about as a long shot playoff team. I think overachievers or ahead of expectations is a great way to describe this team. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

It's pretty fun watching BJ Foster play and thinking about what he can do going forward.  Guy is blitzing one play, rushing the passer off the edge the next, and then dropping in coverage at Safety.  Stud.

And he was a RB for most of his high school days. And he missed his jr year because of injury. 

• Mr. P locked this topic