Longhorns 2018 Thread

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Have to think if Bru McCoy picks USC with all that's going on then he was going to them no matter what.  I saw a tweet saying fans had gathered up enough money to fly a "Fire Helton" banner across the Coliseum prior to the ND game.

Him and Garrett Wilson seem to be choosing the school regardless of coaching. Hopefully it works out for both players.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:19 PM, Red90fly said:

It's pretty fun watching BJ Foster play and thinking about what he can do going forward.  Guy is blitzing one play, rushing the passer off the edge the next, and then dropping in coverage at Safety.  Stud.

Joseph Ossai is gonna be a good one as well. He straight up embarrassed that ISU tackle on that strip sack at the end of the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Him and Garrett Wilson seem to be choosing the school regardless of coaching. Hopefully it works out for both players.

This is how it really should be. IMO a player should commit to a school/program over committing to a coach because you just never know when the coaches might leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t know what he did but this senior class is hit with another suspension. I can’t wait until Herman’s recruits are running this team. 

Johnson is a Herman recruit.  But I get what you're saying.

And the suspension has nothing to do with missing time to be at the birth of his child this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't think they are playing not to lose. I see a QB that is struggling to throw the ball in cold weather. Hands get dry and it's hard to get a good grip on the ball if your not used to playing in the cold. 

I think his shoulder is hurting. He took a hit early in that 2nd drive that drove his shoulder in the ground. He's been off since.

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

That’s not it. This is exactly how this team plays. Great vs good teams, poor vs poor teams. 

I think you’re right, but I also think it’s both. They know what this game holds for them, and they are just going through motions 

29 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't think they are playing not to lose. I see a QB that is struggling to throw the ball in cold weather. Hands get dry and it's hard to get a good grip on the ball if your not used to playing in the cold. 

I don’t care how cold it is, you should be able to throw an 8 yard seam pass to your TE

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Not if he's hurt. If he's still off on this drive, they should consider putting Buechele in 

I was thinking they would start Buechele. Just to give him some extra healing time. Buechele has proven he can do his job when called upon 

• Like 1

Some of those open receivers were an easy completion for Buechele.  It's obvious Ehlinger's shoulder is hurting him in this cold weather, and they won't let him run it today.....so he's not a running threat for KU today and they know it.  The Horns want to give Ehlinger some confidence today so he can play next week, but I would worry about next week when it gets here and try to win this game today......just sayin'.  

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic