Longhorns 2018 Thread

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

If OU gets the playoffs, Texas will go Sugar. That’s already been explained this week by Big12 and Sugar bowl officials. 

Would that be against Georgia then? 

I think that's a favorable match-up for Texas. 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Some of you think Georgia is a favorable matchup for Texas? 

I'm not sure I'm ready to say Texas is there yet, but I will say they have played to their competition well this year. I think they could make it a great game for 3 quarters, but then we all know what their 4th quarter play looks like this year.

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Some of you think Georgia is a favorable matchup for Texas? 

It’d be less stress on our secondary and allow Johnson and Wheeler to attack Swift and other UGA running backs rather than worrying about Murray throwing over them or running around them. The Georgia offense would be easier for Texas to defend than you think/hope it would be. Johnson and LJH would have success too. Both are physical, especially LJH, and would love battling those superhuman SEC DB’s.

It’d be a good game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’d be less stress on our secondary and allow Johnson and Wheeler to attack Swift and other UGA running backs rather than worrying about Murray throwing over them or running around them. The Georgia offense would be easier for Texas to defend than you think/hope it would be. Johnson and LJH would have success too. Both are physical, especially LJH, and would love battling those superhuman SEC DB’s.

It’d be a good game.

Hopefully we will see. 

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

I'd like to see it. It would be tough, but I'd like to see how Texas matched up against a really good team like Georgia. Plus a NY6 would be a good reward for the players.

Playing in the conference championship game and a NY6 Bowl is a win in recruiting as well.  Texas doesn't have to sell the future like all through the Strong years and are showing it on the field now.  Herman has the program going in the right direction.  From 2 years ago to no bowl to where they are now is big.  Texas has a chance for back-to-back top 5 classes and I think 2020 class will be similar to the 2018 class with lots of high end talent from in-state and out of state.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Playing in the conference championship game and a NY6 Bowl is a win in recruiting as well.  Texas doesn't have to sell the future like all through the Strong years and are showing it on the field now.  Herman has the program going in the right direction.  From 2 years ago to no bowl to where they are now is big.  Texas has a chance for back-to-back top 5 classes and I think 2020 class will be similar to the 2018 class with lots of high end talent from in-state and out of state.

Yes, all of this. 

Also I don’t care if Georgia wants to be there or not Texas will come to play and a win over Georgia will be even better for recruiting. Texas has battled Georgia for some top recruits this cycle and last. 

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It’d be a good game.

Murray graduated some time ago.........assuming you are talking about Fromm. 

• Mr. P locked this topic