Longhorns 2018 Thread

7 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Not sure

I don't think he was told to look around.  Herman mentioned not to long ago about wanting to get more speed guys and Houston is pretty fast.  Maybe not Jake Smith fast, but he has some wheels.  He'll probably end up at one of the Oklahoma schools and be a pain to deal with down the line.

23 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Vegas has Georgia as 14 point favorites to beat Texas. 

Interestingly enough they have Bama as a 14 point favorite over OU as well. 

More than 1 Vegas bookmaker, but whoever ESPN uses, they now have Georgia an 11 pt favorite. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AKA said:

I don't want to come into a UT thread and start ranting and raving about my frustration with OU's defense, but as someone who's watched every OU game this season, this defense is not better under Ruffin than it was under Mike Stoops. The only improvement is that we blitz more and show a four-man front more. Which, I have to admit, is better than the 3-8 defense that Mike seemed to prefer, but statistically it's a "push."

That CB blitz that Ruffin called for the Safety essentially ended the game vs Texas.  Stoops would not even have that in the playbook 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That CB blitz that Ruffin called for the Safety essentially ended the game vs Texas.  Stoops would not even have that in the playbook 

While that was soul crushing because it after the games first turnover, it was only a 5 point game with 8 minutes left. 

The bigger dagger was the 11 play, 6 minute drive ending in the Calcutta TD. OU picked up a 3rd and 8, and a 3rd and 10 along the way. As great as the Texas defense played in the first quarter, they struggled in the 4th quarter and it cost them. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

While that was soul crushing because it after the games first turnover, it was only a 5 point game with 8 minutes left. 

The bigger dagger was the 11 play, 6 minute drive ending in the Calcutta TD. OU picked up a 3rd and 8, and a 3rd and 10 along the way. As great as the Texas defense played in the first quarter, they struggled in the 4th quarter and it cost them. 

The big dagger was the kickoff return for a TD that was called back because of "holding".

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas was going to win that game on momentum alone until that...  If I remember correctly, that was right after UT either recovered a fumble or got an INT...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

With Kingsbury going to USC, you can now cross off ATH Bru McCoy.

Yep, to bad.  I hope the staff doesn't reach and will just close out with a RB, the juco LB, Hookfin, and juco OL.  Grab some grad transfers.  That way it saves some spots for 2020 which looks to be real good.

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Yep, to bad.  I hope the staff doesn't reach and will just close out with a RB, the juco LB, Hookfin, and juco OL.  Grab some grad transfers.  That way it saves some spots for 2020 which looks to be real good.

If Catalon or another big time kid like Higgins wants in they'll take them, but other than that I think they'll save spots for next year.

1 minute ago, thegreatbambino said:

If Catalon or another big time kid like Higgins wants in they'll take them, but other than that I think they'll save spots for next year.

The next 2 years are going to be real deep in-state at ol and dl.  A chance for Texas to build a deep talented roster in the trenches.  

14 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

The next 2 years are going to be real deep in-state at ol and dl.  A chance for Texas to build a deep talented roster in the trenches.  

Yep, I want Lindberg on OL the most in 2020.

Parr, Lindberg, Garth, and Majors would be great. 

Too many DL to list, but Texas is in a good spot for some

3 hours ago, DTrump said:

Notice his entire Carthage highlights is one play, a comeback route for eight yards along the sideline.

We’ll hope that’s the limit of his highlights for the upcoming game against Carthage as well.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Down 1

• Mr. P locked this topic