TABC Rankings Jan. 8, 2018

Crawford

Westwood  won Holiday Tournament in Crockett/Grapeland. .  Could have come at a high price . Their overall best big man hurt  his knee during the Crockett game. Could be torn MCL or just a strain. Will have to wait till a MRI is done.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Rankings updated Jan 8. 2018 

Go to first post to view

Is that a good way to bump to top if it is I will help you out. But I thought if there was only 8 or 9 post anybody that curious enough to know could figure it out.

You could have just said Center is still #1.

4 minutes ago, sackem said:

Is that a good way to bump to top if it is I will help you out. But I thought if there was only 8 or 9 post anybody that curious enough to know could figure it out.

You could have just said Center is still #1.

Really? Has nothing to do with bumping this thread up to show Center is still number 1. It 's Monday, and I'm just simply keeping this thread updated. Don't be a pessimist. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Wasn’t that a tv show? Nevertheless I believe that is Gilmer (21-4) at the #9 spot.

Lol. Yes it was. That has to be what the person typing the poll results had going on in his/her mind. Saw it last week, but I assumed someone at the TABC would have caught it and fixed it.

2 hours ago, threejs said:

Lol. Yes it was. That has to be what the person typing the poll results had going on in his/her mind. Saw it last week, but I assumed someone at the TABC would have caught it and fixed it.

Ha! It appears they did notice and fix it. The TABC website now shows Gilmer, so that’s that.

13 hours ago, Crawford said:

Really? Has nothing to do with bumping this thread up to show Center is still number 1. It 's Monday, and I'm just simply keeping this thread updated. Don't be a pessimist. 

Please help keep the thread updated Crawford.

I remember last year (rolleyes). Looked like chinese arithmetic at times.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:49 PM, Doomer said:

On the 2A I see Tenaha and Shelbyville boys. But I caint find ol Beckville and Joaquin?

Beckville is 3A and in a tough district that they may finish 3 or 4 in. Joaquin seems like a solid team this year but doesnt have good basketball history to earn the voters respect. 

On 1/1/2018 at 8:46 PM, 514 said:

Westwood  won Holiday Tournament in Crockett/Grapeland. .  Could have come at a high price . Their overall best big man hurt  his knee during the Crockett game. Could be torn MCL or just a strain. Will have to wait till a MRI is done.

They are a different team to watch. Don't blow you away with talent, but play OUTSTANDING defense and use their size and length to crash the boards. Nobody gets second chances. When they are hitting from behind the arc, they are stupid hard to beat.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 1:49 AM, sackem said:

I don't think that will be the end of That.

We will see the Gilmore girls again.

the Gilmore girls dropped from #9 to 19

Argyle also dropped out of top 4 to #12

But was wondering about Melissa ranked at #14. I do not find them on the UIL Alignment for 4A. they should be around District 11 somewhere.

Did they get moved to 5A for girls bktB or suspended from District play?

5 hours ago, sackem said:

the Gilmore girls dropped from #9 to 19

Argyle also dropped out of top 4 to #12

But was wondering about Melissa ranked at #14. I do not find them on the UIL Alignment for 4A. they should be around District 11 somewhere.

Did they get moved to 5A for girls bktB or suspended from District play?

Melissa girls are 4A district 11. They are currently 26-3/7-0 and ranked #7 in max preps 4A.