The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4to3

🚷 ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Illegal immigration is a crime, and I think the Government should pay for the incarceration of illegal immigrants or have jails for them until they can be deported. I wonder why Ricardo Garza took so long in proving that he's a U.S. citizen. His detainment should have never happened if he had proof that he was an American Citizen.

Starbucks Opposed Trump by Hiring 10,000 'Refugees'... Now It's Paying a Big Price For It
TRN ^ | 02/23/2017 | Gina Cassini

starbucks-refugees-1.jpg

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News

President Donald J. Trump in January signed an executive order to freeze immigration from 7 countries (identified by the Obama Administration itself in a 2011 order) from which ISIS fighters have snuck into Western countries disguised as “refugees.”

The left-wing immediately announced its violent opposition to Trump's reasonable, completely legal plan, launching a legal challenge, andf temporarily snarling the order in the courts.

But some companies publicly went against the new President, expressing their support for Muslim "refugees."

The most prominent company to do this was coffee giant Starbucks, whose CEO Howard Schultz, a strong Hillary Clinton supporter, announced plans to hire 10,000 refugees worldwide in response to Trump's order.

Well one month later, Starbucks may well regret that announcement. It's investors certainly will, according to a stunning new report.

That's because, according to the Google/YouGov Brand Index, consumer sentiment on Starbucks has plummeted by a stunning 67% since they announced their opposition to Trump.

According to YouGov this is a very large drop "normally associated with a scandal or health scare" such as the Chipotle Mexican Grill eColi scare a few years back.

(Excerpt) Read more at is.TobinFrost ...

I prefer truck stop coffee anyway. It's generally stronger, probably because it's not full of fluff and snowflakes. It's also $.75 to fill my 20 oz. RTIC cup, as opposed to the $6 grandemochasoylatte that Pack probably drinks.

• Like 3

Not suprised they don't even support our troops. Waste of space.

Mexican congressman climbs U.S. border fence to illustrate that Trump's wall is 'totally absurd'

• By DAVID CAPLAN
Mar 3, 2017, 1:11 AM ET

A Mexican congressman went to great lengths -- and heights -- Wednesday to illustrate why he believes that President Trump's controversial U.S.-Mexico border wall is "unnecessary" and "totally absurd."

Braulio Guerra, a congressman from the state of Queretaro, tweeted photos and a video of himself perched atop a 30-foot tall fence that separates the Mexican border city of Tijuana from the U.S.

"I was able to scale it, climb it, and sit myself right here," Guerra said in the video. "It would be simple for me to jump into the United States, which shows that it is unnecessary and totally absurd to build a wall."

He adds, "It's easy, and it shows how unnecessary this project, this political rhetoric from Donald Trump, is."

Ig6Il1nvqx7GMfWt.jpg

In one of the photos Guerra tweeted, two other people atop the wall are visible. Guerra said they were climbing the wall while he was there.

Mexican congressman Braulio Guerra sits atop the U.S.-Mexico border wall that divides Tijuana, Mexico, from California on March 1, 2017more +

ht_wall1_dc_170303_4x3_992.jpg
Mexican congressman Braulio Guerra sits atop the U.S.-Mexico border wall that divides Tijuana, Mexico, from California on March 1, 2017.more +

"You can climb it with great ease, one climbs in an instant," Guerra says in the video. "I climbed it in Tijuana, one of the highest parts, even from a distance this looks very complex, but there are young people that go up and down, at all times."

It is worth noting, though, that Guerra did not post any photos or video footage of himself climbing the wall, so some in the Twittersphere questioned how he reached the top and how easy such a feat really is.

I have a ideal it is not as easy as he is making out....

It's a waste a money. Well, that's if it does actually get build. I've already posted the sites and information showing why it would be a clear waste of money. If it can't go over the whole border, if it can't do anything about the underground tunnels that I've also read about, then what is the point of it? If it's not keeping people out and doing what it's supposedly going to be built for, then again what is the point of it? That's all I'm asking. I don't want to see liberal this, democrat that. I'm hoping someone (with at least some sense) will actually answer this time and give a logical explanation for why this won't be a waste of money....by the taxpayers, because newsflash.....Mexico ain't paying for it.

• Like 1

He should have been shot off the wall for invading our sovreign nation..........

• Thanks 1

A little 220v action would resolve that issue ... :lol:

It figures that none of you can answer the question. You couldn't in the last thread either.

• Like 1

The wall is flawed... anything with Chain Link is goign to be easy to scale... Why? Because you can grip it with your feet. What would work? Some sort of smooth steel (too expensive), or maybe some type of Fiberglass type material? I don't know... you need something tall, deep, and smooth so people can not crawl under it, or over it. All of the options seem too expensive to me... But then again, I only have about $8000 of debt left (wife's PhD loans) as compared to people work work with trillions in the hole...

It's a waste a money. Well, that's if it does actually get build. I've already posted the sites and information showing why it would be a clear waste of money. If it can't go over the whole border, if it can't do anything about the underground tunnels that I've also read about, then what is the point of it? If it's not keeping people out and doing what it's supposedly going to be built for, then again what is the point of it? That's all I'm asking. I don't want to see liberal this, democrat that. I'm hoping someone (with at least some sense) will actually answer this time and give a logical explanation for why this won't be a waste of money....by the taxpayers, because newsflash.....Mexico ain't paying for it.

No, the fence by itself is not the total answer, but it would keep a lot of people out if constructed correctly. As I have advocated, the border needs to be militarized and multiple quick reaction units established with Apache helicopters and armored ground units. Add a few A-10 Warthogs and a lot of the drugs and illegals would be eliminated .... The border patrol by itself isn't the answer. They don't have the resources or manpower ....

No, the fence by itself is not the total answer, but it would keep a lot of people out if constructed correctly. As I have advocated, the border needs to be militarized and multiple quick reaction units established with Apache helicopters and armored ground units. Add a few A-10 Warthogs and a lot of the drugs and illegals would be eliminated .... The border patrol by itself isn't the answer. They don't have the resources or manpower ....

Break down how the Apache and Warthog would be used?

I bet they had a ladder to get up there. I still want to build the wall or fence whatever you want to call it, it must be going to do some good or the Mexicans wouldn't be gripping about it so much

why the wall ain't gonna work...no ladder needed :)

• Like 1

Like anything including Breitbart there would be no story without some drama. The ease of climbing depicted as such none the less must be indicative of the bang for the buck we got in 2006 for what I understand 1/3 of the completion of the WALL.

On a different note I saw on free TV news a Mexican owner of a cement factory south of the border says he is more than happy to sell U.S. all the concrete needed for continuation of the WALL. The report showed a lot of people working in the plant and everything. The owner did however state while he is glad to sell the material he does not promote the labor from his country during the construction. I bet they show up anyway via el green card.

It's all bc US wages > Mexico wages

Enraging landowners along the Rio Grande I suppose. The subject has been kept alive although as time moves on different circumstances and thoughts on a WALL. It should have been completed ten years ago when started. Somehow I have lost confidence in what I supported ten years ago. I believe Trump's talk alone will discourage some from entering illegally especially if Sessions can nail some of these folks that make the process appealing offering cheap labor work. That means some good ol boys , darn it!

All the talk about border control yet I dealt with road construction in progress at a busy four way interchange yesterday with a man that could not speak a lick of English while directing , or so I thought, a traffic detour Man, Texas DOT was on site inspecting as well as the construction company doing the paving...a number of folks wearing white hard hats. I had no clue which way to go. The man was left alone in the intersection. He could not speak English when I asked "is it ok to go that way?", pointing that way, all the while a pavement roller crosses just in front of my vehicle. :wacko: Give me a break! Place people holding the stop signs watching the traffic stops and detours for construction that can at least speak English. I just thought it ironic seeing as the subject of others coming in the country has been elevated during the last election. Maybe Texas and it's chosen contractors are not responsible for complying? It was after all in a rural location although a well know location for fatal vehicular accidents. And there was plenty of traffic.

I don't consider it racist to desire people that are in contact with the citizenship in such instances that a condition of employment is they speak a little English anyway.

There's no doubt TXDOT and who gets state highway contracts is exempt. Yup, that sanctuary bill is a bit hypocritical I'd say. Blind sheep.

The wall is flawed... anything with Chain Link is goign to be easy to scale... Why? Because you can grip it with your feet. What would work? Some sort of smooth steel (too expensive), or maybe some type of Fiberglass type material? I don't know... you need something tall, deep, and smooth so people can not crawl under it, or over it. All of the options seem too expensive to me... But then again, I only have about $8000 of debt left (wife's PhD loans) as compared to people work work with trillions in the hole...

They'll still dig tunnels under it. I'm thinking of an electric fence, but knowing how they love to steal copper they'd probably find away to steal that or cut the power supply in spots. I don't know if barbed fencing would help either, because you can cut through that. If it's concrete one could easily chip away at it, and make a ladder. If the walls going to be built it better work. I think it's going to cost more than what they're saying. The last I heard was $20 billion. I still don't like being reactive to illegal immigration, we need to be more proactive.