👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷

applebutter

I'm not moonstruck...but I'm not so naive to think that there aren't people out there plotting against others just because they are bad people.

I'm not in favor of a preemptive strike at this time, but I reserve the right to contemplate that idea at a later time.

As did I possibly.....lol

My post was tongue in cheek. The Arab neighbors of Israel have tried to destroy them since they became a nation in 1948. To think Iran would only develop a nuclear weapon as a deterrent is as ridiculous as my initial post would have been had I actually been serious about what I said. If Israel wanted to nuke Iran they would have done it already. Iran wants a weapon for offensive capabilities, calling Israel "a cancer that needs to be cut out, and it will be." Netanyahu put it best when he said "if the Arabs put down their weapons today there would be peace; if Israel put down their weapons there would be no more Israel."

I think a more accurate comparison would be this....

If your neighbor just said he was going to blow up your house then went to the "explosives" store and showed up at your doorstep, would you then be justified in offing him.

The answer is not so clear anymore, is it?

LOL. It's clear that the police are useless.

it clears up a little when ...

no need to go to the store, the "explosives" plant was sold to him by your very best friend across town.

of course if you are justified, but would you be justified in offing the friend for selling him the plant?

I think a more accurate comparison would be this....

If your neighbor just said he was going to blow up your house then went to the "explosives" store and showed up at your doorstep, would you then be justified in offing him.

The answer is not so clear anymore, is it?

no, its not the same, because we are not talking about Iran pulling up to Israel borders with troops and weapons. We are just talking about preventing them from getting weapons at all. So its not the same. Now if Iran shows up at Israel borders, then we can have that discussion. Until then, speculating what they would do with weapons, is just speculation.

By the way, its funny that we can have all the weapons known to man, but when certain other countries want weapons, we can't allow that to happen. Are we somehow god now. Do we get to say who can have what,when, and where?

Your lame attempt to downplay and minimalize Irael's situation shows just how little you know about the history of the unprovoked attacks on Israel by their enemies. I think their situation is a little more complicated and serious than your simple little neighbor vs neighbor spat. One nuclear detonation against the tiny nation of Israel would be devastating for them.

I am glad you said this. I have a question for everyone, WHAT HAPPENS TO THE U.S IF ISRAEL IS HIT WITH NUKES? How does it affect your everyday life? What makes Israel any different from Norway or South Korea?

Speaking of S.Korea, we have thousands of troops there. N.Korea has made it known how they feel about that country. But, when the N.Korea got WMD's, we did ZERO to stop them. ZERO people, and our troops are in the country they want to destroy. But, if WE THINK ANY MUSLIM COUNTRY has and WMD, we must attack them. I wonder why.

Well I know why. Its because of religious reasons. Why don't you guys stop hiding behind that, and just admit it. That is the only reason you care about Israel,because it isn't because of their love for Jesus.

I am glad you said this. I have a question for everyone, WHAT HAPPENS TO THE U.S IF ISRAEL IS HIT WITH NUKES? How does it affect your everyday life? What makes Israel any different from Norway or South Korea?

Speaking of S.Korea, we have thousands of troops there. N.Korea has made it known how they feel about that country. But, when the N.Korea got WMD's, we did ZERO to stop them. ZERO people, and our troops are in the country they want to destroy. But, if WE THINK ANY MUSLIM COUNTRY has and WMD, we must attack them. I wonder why.

Well I know why. Its because of religious reasons. Why don't you guys stop hiding behind that, and just admit it. That is the only reason you care about Israel,because it isn't because of their love for Jesus.

Again, your misunderstanding of history and foreign policy is telling. North Korea sought and acquired the "bomb" for a totally different reason than Iran. North Korea wanted the "bomb" for political and economic leverage. China has their thumb on North Korea. Iran is seeking the "bomb" to use to destroy Israel. Are you really that naive about what the U.S. would do if Iran nuked Israel? Up until Obama took office, the U.S. and our allies would probably level Iran if they attacked Israel. I'm not sure whether Barry would side with the Iranians or Israel and it's allies.

So you believe there's nobody in Israel that loves Jesus? That would be an unbelievable premise to maintain or prove.

So you believe there's nobody in Israel that loves Jesus? That would be an unbelievable premise to maintain or prove.

very few Christians live in Israel. Maybe you need to look up Jewish beliefs, but Jesus is not very popular. He is actually considered a fraud. And Jews are the majority of Israel.

Actually Muslims like Jesus more than Jews do. They at least see him as a prophet.

Again, your misunderstanding of history and foreign policy is telling. North Korea sought and acquired the "bomb" for a totally different reason than Iran. North Korea wanted the "bomb" for political and economic leverage. China has their thumb on North Korea. Iran is seeking the "bomb" to use to destroy Israel. Are you really that naive about what the U.S. would do if Iran nuked Israel? Up until Obama took office, the U.S. and our allies would probably level Iran if they attacked Israel. I'm not sure whether Barry would side with the Iranians or Israel and it's allies.

What political Leverage? The country is ran by one person. And getting a bomb, actually reduce their economic leverage, because it caused more countries to place sanctions on them. So you are way off.

And second, I never asked you what the US would do if Iran Nuke Israel. I asked you what is the affect on the US if Israel is bombed? What does it do to your personal life? How does it affect our Country? That was my question.

The problem with this scenario of assuming what Iran would do or not do is we can't... how can we make assumptions on people who will kill their own people, who use religion to keep their people "down", if you will, and have, shall we say "barbaric" way of doing things?

They're not exactly like us, they don't think the same way, and their government sure doesn't. Those people don't have a clue what true freedom is. And before anyone jumps on that last statement... you know what I mean!

very few Christians live in Israel. Maybe you need to look up Jewish beliefs, but Jesus is not very popular. He is actually considered a fraud. And Jews are the majority of Israel.

I understand now. Unless a country has a majority of people who love Jesus it is wrong to support them and they should be looked on with indifference if they are threatened with annihilation. You criticize people for supporting Israel for "religious reasons" and yet keep pointing out that Jews "don't love Jesus." Isn't that a religious reason for not supporting them?

What political Leverage? The country is ran by one person. And getting a bomb, actually reduce their economic leverage, because it caused more countries to place sanctions on them. So you are way off.

Then why don't the Iranians let the inspectors see all of their nuclear facilities? If they're just being difficult, then why do you think that is so?

Then why don't the Iranians let the inspectors see all of their nuclear facilities? If they're just being difficult, then why do you think that is so?

Just to play devil's advocate here...The same thing was said to convince everyone that Iraq had WMD. Yes...over there they will lie and cheat to prove points that we have never thought of.

I understand now. Unless a country has a majority of people who love Jesus it is wrong to support them and they should be looked on with indifference if they are threatened with annihilation. You criticize people for supporting Israel for "religious reasons" and yet keep pointing out that Jews "don't love Jesus." Isn't that a religious reason for not supporting them?

No I didn't say that at all. What Im saying is that the only reason the right is so big on supporting Israel, is for religious reasons. Which is ironic because Jews don't share the same religious beliefs as those on the right. That is what I am saying.

And there are many countries in the world that deserve much more US help than Israel. (If we are going to help anyone). Israel is very capable of taking care of themselves. They don't need our help.

Im not sure why you asked this question in response to my previous post. Because that post was about N.Korea, not Iran.

But since you are asking about Iran, I will answer. I am sure they are hiding something, thats why they don't want inspectors. But the question is, Is that any of our business? When they declare are on the US, then I could see this. Until then, why don't we worry about our own country. We seem more worried about protecting Israel, then fixing our country.

That is my beef with all of this. We have too many problems here, to be worried about protecting a country that can protect itself.

Im not sure why you asked this question in response to my previous post. Because that post was about N.Korea, not Iran.

But since you are asking about Iran, I will answer. I am sure they are hiding something, thats why they don't want inspectors. But the question is, Is that any of our business? When they declare are on the US, then I could see this. Until then, why don't we worry about our own country. We seem more worried about protecting Israel, then fixing our country.

That is my beef with all of this. We have too many problems here, to be worried about protecting a country that can protect itself.

So why change your oil if your car is running okay? Its called preventative maintenance. Why wait till they blow us up to try to keep them from blowing us up....oops, too late!

Here's some quick facts for ya... Israel in some places is 9-13 miles wide... http://www.sizeofisrael.com/

Compared to the countries around it, it's a speck, literally. If Iran is stupid enough to set off a nuclear bomb, it's going to hit a lot more than just Israel...it's going to encompass the neighboring Arab countries. If it sends other boms over, and it misses their target and hits Jordan or Lebanon...

You'd think Saudia Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria would be telling Iran to shut up...Iran and Iraq were fighting in the '80s, so not exactly on friendly terms.

Israel is surrounded by enemies on all sides.

And second, I never asked you what the US would do if Iran Nuke Israel. I asked you what is the affect on the US if Israel is bombed? What does it do to your personal life? How does it affect our Country? That was my question.

What political leverage? LOL You aren't that dense are you? N Korea wanted the "bomb" to have the threat of using it to curry favor with other bad countries, and yes, they did get a lot of aid and economic trade with other rogue nations that are our enemies. so no, it didn't reduce their leverage. I think I was very clear about the effect it would have on us if Israel was bombed by Iran. We have an alliance agreement with Israel to support each other in time of war.

Anyway, your attempt to compare N Korea's reason for wanting the "bomb" with Iran's reason was totally wrong and off base.

So why change your oil if your car is running okay? Its called preventative maintenance. Why wait till they blow us up to try to keep them from blowing us up....oops, too late!

yes, but the difference is that preventive maintenance on your car is not the same as preemptive war. Maintenance just fine tunes what is already in place on your vehicle. Preemptive war with Iran is like taking someone else car, changing the size of the tires, changing out the motor, re-wiring the computer system and hoping it still runs the same.

I get why some are for preemptive war. Get them before they get you. I get that. But we did that in Iraq, and we see how well that worked out. And besides, Iran is not out to get the us. They are out to get Israel.

What political leverage? LOL You aren't that dense are you? N Korea wanted the "bomb" to have the threat of using it to curry favor with other bad countries, and yes, they did get a lot of aid and economic trade with other rogue nations that are our enemies. so no, it didn't reduce their leverage. I think I was very clear about the effect it would have on us if Israel was bombed by Iran. We have an alliance agreement with Israel to support each other in time of war.

Anyway, your attempt to compare N Korea's reason for wanting the "bomb" with Iran's reason was totally wrong and off base.

That makes no sense. The countries that are our so-called enemies have no leverage in the world. They didn't get political favor with Russia and China, or the Europeans. So getting political leverage with anyone else really does them no good.

And you say we have an alliance agreement with Israel. Im not so sure about that, because Israel didn't send any troops to Iraq or Afghan. I think you got that confused with the British Commonwealth. Although it is possible Israel may help with some CIA work.(because jewish spies can pass as arabs or persians)

by the way, the N.Korea situation is comparable. It shows how we do nothing when a country get WMD's that has threaten a place where our troops are located (S.Korea), but yet we want to bomb Iran, when they have only mention bombing Israel. Doesn't that seem off base. N.Korea is a larger threat to the US than Iran get it Mr.Falcon

• Mr. P changed the title to 👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷