👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷

applebutter

Plus I thought Obama was going to solve this ARMAJHEDIA ,whatever his name is. Becuase Bush was being a big bully and 0bama was going to change errything and talk whats his name out of Nukes? Seems like 0bama and his weakness has just encouraged our enemies to be bolder.

Iran knows we have a wimp in the White House, and all he'll do is talk. If I'm not listening to him, why should they ? They have the upper hand in this, so they don't have anything to fear. This just goes to show what kind of President that we have. They spit in his face, and now they are laughing.

First (psuedo)president I have ever seen try to solve world problems on YouTube.

He's using every avenue that he can to gain support. While you may not see it as being smart or educated, it is reaching many that use that type of venue for information. That's his advantage, and as for American Idol, he's showing that he loves bad music, the way the rest of America does. He's gaining supporters by doing so, because most people don't keep up with their world. They live in their own little world, then they'll get woke up to reality, but expect Big Government to help them out.

• 1 year later...

I have no idea. No matter the reasoning, while Iran may want a war, I don't believe anybody else does, including Israel.

The arguments on both sides have been, well, you've done this; yeah, but you did this.

How do you reason and agree with leaders who are so set in the stone ages, want to keep their people there, believe that a "cleansing" is coming, and want to be the "cleansers"?

Are they the same as the Russians during the Cold War? I don't think so. It was two super powers who faced toe-to-toe, neither wanting to actually start a war, but didn't want either getting a toe up. Not to mention, during World Wars, they were our allies.

How do you "talk" with a nation who absolutely hate us because of what we stand for? Freedom.

I don't think Israel is going to do anything unless and until they find out they've got nukes pointed at 'em. And even if they do, it'll be covert at first. And even if they do, are the nukes so buried under mounds and mounds of concrete, that any type of bombing will help?

One thing that has worked previously is a show of force. The U.S. is also not a nation known to take threats lightly. It is our very foundation. The problem is, if we're shown as a "weak nation", they'll take advantage not only on us, but our allies. If our TRUE allies are threatened, if we don't intervene, those allies will no longer be allies.

On one hand, we don't want a war. On the other hand, we don't like being threatened. Or do you just sit the two-year olds down and say, LOOK, BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP, HOLD HANDS AND SAY YOU'RE SORRY? Reckon that'd work? I don't think so.

The worst thing that can happen is the same as what happened with Iraq and Afghanistan, our soldiers were held back, costing many lives.

^ Another example of your violent nature similar to holding people down and drawing blood. :)

If you believe wholeheartedly the sole reason other countries hate us because of what we stand for? Freedom, once again that is a propaganda tool you have been duped into believing. It is called the 911 dupe.

You can't even discuss the topic. You just name call and blah, blah, blah.

If you can't even discuss it, how in the WORLD do you think we can possibly discuss the same with Iran?

Whether it's because we promote and offer a "free" society, or because we wear tin foil hats, or because we're the infidels does not matter...the question is, how do we approach Iran and will we believe them even if they agree to whatever... if they're approachable?

^ the question is, how do we approach Iran and will we believe them even if they agree to whatever

:wacko:

I believe you have the answers or the questions that resemble will the chickens lay eggs tomorrow.

CLEARLY, you don't comprehend the question, nor do you understand it was meant to be a discussion.

And APPARENTLY as to your statement of "will the chickens lay eggs tomorrow," you have absolutely NO IDEA AND NO BASIS what Iran will do, if they'll negotiate us, why they hate us, etc., etc. So everything you've been intimating with regard to Iran, you don't have a clue.

So APPARENTLY the question and discussion is out of your reach!

I have a question, Why do we pick and choose who is a threat?

We went to Iraq because they had WMD's. Then when we discovered that was a lie, we turn our attentions on Iran because they trying to get WMD's. Meanwhile N.Korea, who is our enemy and hates S.Korea (which is a place where thousands of US service men live) launch WMD's and we don't do one thing about it.

HMMM. So an enemy with WMD's is not a threat, but two countries who don't have WMD's are bigger threats.

Second question, Do you think they hate us because we are over there bombing the #### out of their country? How about Iran hates us because we aided Iraq in their wars against Iran in the 1980's? Bin Laden said on many occasions that he hated the US because they helped out Kuwait against Iraq. He said they didn't want US soldiers in the holy land.

They don't hate us for our freedom. That is one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard. Neo-cons need to stop using this excuse.

I have a question, Why do we pick and choose who is a threat?

We went to Iraq because they had WMD's. Then when we discovered that was a lie, we turn our attentions on Iran because they trying to get WMD's. Meanwhile N.Korea, who is our enemy and hates S.Korea (which is a place where thousands of US service men live) launch WMD's and we don't do one thing about it.

HMMM. So an enemy with WMD's is not a threat, but two countries who don't have WMD's are bigger threats.

Second question, Do you think they hate us because we are over there bombing the #### out of their country? How about Iran hates us because we aided Iraq in their wars against Iran in the 1980's? Bin Laden said on many occasions that he hated the US because they helped out Kuwait against Iraq. He said they didn't want US soldiers in the holy land.

They don't hate us for our freedom. That is one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard. Neo-cons need to stop using this excuse.

I think that's the point, JT. When do you say, okay enough already, you did this, we did that, and you did this, etc., etc. At what point can sworn enemies sit down, have a conversation, and come to some kind of mutual agreement?

Japan, for example, sworn enemy; Germany another one.

With Iran, is there too much of a diversity of not only religion but philosophies as well, that there can ever be an agreement?

How to deal with Iran, you ask?

Nuke 'em til they glow and shoot 'em in the dark! :ph34r:

So you would have no problem with wiping the 2nd largest population of Jews in the Middle East off the face of the earth?

Is "Kirt Falcon" English for jihad? or is "Ahmadinejad" Persian for Kirt Falcon?

He (Iran's supreme leader Khamenei) said Israel is a "cancerous tumor that should be cut and will be cut."

Can someone please interpret that statement from the Persian language so we can know what he actually meant by that statement? Iran is supposedly not a threat to Israel, according to some, and this statement seems rather belligerent.

He (Iran's supreme leader Khamenei) said Israel is a "cancerous tumor that should be cut and will be cut."

Can someone please interpret that statement from the Persian language so we can know what he actually meant by that statement? Iran is supposedly not a threat to Israel, according to some, and this statement seems rather belligerent.

I'm waiting for an explanation, too.

If Iran went to war with Israel they would be annihilated. There's no way they could win a war with Israel, in my opinion. I also don't think the rest of the Arab world would jump into the fray, except for a few radical Muslim sects. That still wouldn't be enough.

Iran needs a change in leadership to have any chance at moderating their stance, and gain world prominence. I don't see that happening, though. We'll just have to put up with their rhetoric until they do something, looks like.

If Iran went to war with Israel they would be annihilated. There's no way they could win a war with Israel, in my opinion. I also don't think the rest of the Arab world would jump into the fray, except for a few radical Muslim sects. That still wouldn't be enough.

Iran needs a change in leadership to have any chance at moderating their stance, and gain world prominence. I don't see that happening, though. We'll just have to put up with their rhetoric until they do something, looks like.

Guess it would depend on who hit who first. Problem is, if they nuke Israel, it's going to kill a lot more than just Israelites, it'll go with the wind, so to speak.

I just don't know how any country could get them to come to the peace table, short of the Muslim world itself, pressuring 'em.

• Mr. P changed the title to 👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷