👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷

applebutter

2 minutes ago, btex said:

So now it is bombs not nukes? And you believe Iran will do nothing in response? I was clear when I asked you to clarify. You used Japan and two nukes as an example. 

So back to just bombs, I have no desire to send young men and women into harms way when we have other channels to explore first. 19 years of war is long enough 

Bombs......not infantry.   

You are an idiot Btex.  I’ve been clear on this.  Bomb them.  Don’t invade them.  We’ve been doing it for years.  

7 hours ago, btex said:

As I said it is not worth a war. There are other ways. As for the 17, are they ours? What would we do if we found spies? 

When you start dropping bombs yes it is starting a war. I will go on record saying I have zero desire to send more young men and women to die in the ME. 

Then what are those other ways.  Those "other ways" have lead to them sabotaging ships and seizing them, because of the heavy sanctions.  We don't have to go to war with them, but we could do a lot of damage to their infrastructure simply by bombing their nuclear facilities, ports, and many of their military bases.  We don't even have to send in manned planes anymore to do so.  The only thing we would need is Russia's approval.  Russia isn't a staunch ally of Iran, and it would be a boon for them to restock Iran again.  The thing is, I actually think we should let the British handle this, because it's their freighters.  Let them and Saudi Arabia handle it.  

5 hours ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Bombs......not infantry.   

You are an idiot Btex.  I’ve been clear on this.  Bomb them.  Don’t invade them.  We’ve been doing it for years.  

Btex has poor reading skills.  Not once did you mention nukes, until he had mentioned it 5 times.  He wants to say your trolling, but he has continually done this through not only this thread by numerous others.  

37 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Btex has poor reading skills.  Not once did you mention nukes, until he had mentioned it 5 times.  He wants to say your trolling, but he has continually done this through not only this thread by numerous others.  

Actually, he understands every word. In my opinion, he simply does these things to amuse himself. And you are Right, DaveTV...He’s perhaps one of SDC’s most prolific Trolls...👺

5 hours ago, btex said:

Dave what two bombs did we drop on Japan? 

Read the context of what he wrote.  They were used in WW II, and not even referring to Iran.  Do you want the names of the bombs, because if so,  I can go Little Boy and Fat Man on you.  Continue to keep asking for clarification when it's obvious, and your countdown to midnight is one second.  

If you can not understand things, then you're simply trolling.  Do I make myself clear.  

5 hours ago, btex said:

And you believe that in doing this there would be no retaliation? Iran isnt Yemen. 

What are they going to do ?  Do you believe all of the hyperbole that Iran spews out.  They took out a drone.  Trump did nothing, and you're complaining that they are a superpower ?  Please.  

12 hours ago, btex said:

Where did I say they are a superpower? They do have a more powerful military than Iraq did. As has been said on here they do funnel money and training to anti Israel terrorist organizations. Do we need a war for what has happens so far? 

You want to act like they can do anything to even harm U.S. if we send airstrikes.  The only thing they can do is cause problems in the Persian Gulf which they've been doing.  They're like a mosquito there.  Let Saudi Arabia and the U.K. handle it.  I haven't called for a war, and neither has President Trump.  He made a threat, but didn't go through with it.  The only thing I've heard people call for is for Iran to slow their roll, yet you think there's going to be a ground invasion.   Wake up and smell reality.   

• 3 months later...

Protests rage against Iranian regime
But unlike his predecessor, the Trump Administration supports protesters

Eight-and-a-half years ago, Americans watched the people of Iran rise up to claim their birthright of freedom. In the “Green Revolution,” millions of courageous young men and women filled the streets of Tehran and Tabriz, Qazvin and Karaj, and what seemed like every city and village in between. They denounced a fraudulent election, and as the days went on, they began to demand that the unelected ayatollahs end their decades of repression and release their iron-fisted grip on Iran and her people.

Those brave protesters looked to the leader of the free world for support. But as I saw first hand as a member of Congress, the president of the United States stayed silent. In the wake of the demonstrations and the regime’s brutal attempts to suppress them, President Barack Obama repeatedly failed to express America’s solidarity with the Iranian protesters. As a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, I recognized the lack of action for what it was: an abdication of American leadership.

Thoughts? 

• 1 month later...

As he continues to criticize taking down Soleimani...why isn't he playing along and following the script?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-slams-soleimani-intel-now-021950821.html

Politics

Tucker Slams Soleimani Intel: Now We Trust the Deep State?

The Daily Beast

Fox News
Fox News

At the top of his primetime Fox News program Monday night, Tucker Carlson seemingly took a dig at his network colleagues who have suddenly taken U.S. intelligence on Iran at face value after denigrating the intel community as the “deep state” for years.

Once again devoting his opening monologue to criticizing the escalation of tensions with Iran sparked by the U.S. assassination of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani, the Fox News host placed the lion’s share of the blame for the push for war on Republican lawmakers and hawks in the Trump administration. (But again, he largely let the president off the hook.)

“It’s harder to get rich and powerful during peacetime, so our leaders have a built-in bias for war,” Carlson declared. “So they decided on television studios over the weekend to describe in detail the type of violence they are prepared to wreak on a country very few of them know about.”

After taking aim at Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for claiming on Sunday that the risk of terror is “increased by appeasement,” the Fox News star then wondered why there’s been a sudden change of heart among Trump supporters toward the intelligence community.

“It’s hard to remember now, but as recently as last week, people didn’t consider Iran an imminent threat,” he noted. “Iranian saboteurs were not committing acts of terror in our cities. Oh, but our leaders tell us, ‘They were about to any second! That’s why we struck first.’”

“What’s striking is how many people are willing to accept this uncritically,” Carlson added. “Just the other day, you remember, our intel agencies were considered politically tainted and suspect. Certainly on this show they are, were, and will be for quite some time.”

He went on to accuse the intel community of pretending that President Donald Trump “was a Russian spy” before pointing out that it was faulty intelligence on nonexistent weapons of mass destruction that led the United States into the Iraq War.

“People pushing conflict with Iran are the same people who did that,” the conservative host declared. “It seems like about 20 minutes ago we were denouncing these very people as the ‘deep state’ and pledging to never trust them again without verification. But now, for some reason, we do seem to trust them implicitly and completely.”

In recent days, some of the network’s biggest Trump boosters—who had spent the past three years accusing the intel community of waging am anti-Trump coup and disinformation campaign—have quickly dropped that criticism and defended the intelligence agencies' claims that Soleimani’s assassination disrupted “imminent attacks.” Fox News host Ainsley Earhardt, for instance, said she found it “so interesting that people are critical of the president’s decisions, of our intelligence community’s decisions, of our generals’ decisions.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

“What’s striking is how many people are willing to accept this uncritically,” Carlson added. “Just the other day, you remember, our intel agencies were considered politically tainted and suspect. Certainly on this show they are, were, and will be for quite some time.”

He went on to accuse the intel community of pretending that President Donald Trump “was a Russian spy” before pointing out that it was faulty intelligence on nonexistent weapons of mass destruction that led the United States into the Iraq War.

“People pushing conflict with Iran are the same people who did that,” the conservative host declared. “It seems like about 20 minutes ago we were denouncing these very people as the ‘deep state’ and pledging to never trust them again without verification. But now, for some reason, we do seem to trust them implicitly and completely.”

So, uh, the Deep State, it can be trusted now? 

• Like 1

This guy is a prize winner...I love the last part where his family campaigned against him in the last election. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-gosar-fake-obama-pic_n_5e13ac75c5b6b5a713bf380b

POLITICS 

GOP Congressman Freaks After People Call Out His Fake Obama Photo

Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar tweeted a doctored image of Barack Obama with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and got testy when people pointed out it was fake.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A Republican lawmaker wasn’t happy when he was exposed for using a fake photo to spread propaganda.

On Monday, Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) tweeted a doctored pic that showed former President Barack Obama meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani — an encounter that never happened. The photo was captioned: “The world is a better place without these guys in power.”

The world is a better place without these guys in power.

View image on Twitter

CNN journalist Andrew Kaczynski noted that Gosar was sharing a misleadingly edited version of a photo that was taken in 2011 — when Obama met not with Rouhani, but with former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Journalist Daniel Medina also pointed out that Rouhani was still in power and condemned Gosar’s attempt to spread disinformation. 

1. This photo is a fake photoshop effort. Obama never met with @HassanRouhani. 2) Rouhani *is still* president of Iran. @DrPaulGosar is a US congressman but yet tweets out this kind of blatant misinformation. https://twitter.com/drpaulgosar/status/1214276066086395906 

Despite the criticism, Gosar defended his use of the doctored image in a follow-up tweet: “To the dim witted reporters like @dmedin11: No one said this wasn’t photoshopped. No one said the president of Iran was dead.  No one said Obama met with Rouhani in person. The tweet says: ‘the world is a better place without either of them in power.’” 

1. To the dim witted reporters like @dmedin11: no one said this wasn’t photoshopped. No one said the president of Iran was dead. No one said Obama met with Rouhani in person.
The tweet says: “the world is a better place without either of them in power”. https://twitter.com/dmedin11/status/1214285287658065924 

Gosar continued to argue that the tweet was truthful, avoiding the fact that the photo wasn’t.

2. The point remains to all but the dimmest: Obama coddled, appeased, nurtured and protected the worlds No. 1 sponsor of terror. The world is better without Obama as president. The world will be better off without Rouhani.

But people on Twitter weren’t moved by Gosar’s logic. Rep. Sean Casten (D-Ill.) tweeted: “The world would be a better place if elected officials didn’t share photoshopped images and take pride in being ignorant.”

The world would be a better place if elected officials didn't share photoshopped images and take pride in being ignorant. This is irresponsible. https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1214276066086395906 

One Twitter user suggested that Gosar had invented a new catchphrase:

"no one said this isn't photoshopped" is the Gettysburg address of modern politics

Some people responded to Gosar’s photoshopped pic with photos of President Donald Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who actually met.

You are just an idiot for tweeting it out in the first place. I hope AZ kicks you to the curbside in November. You are despicable, & a complete #TrumpChump. Here is a picture of your master shaking hands w/his hero, a tyrant & a man who kills his own people. You must be in love!

View image on Twitter

Another user observed that Gosar’s tweet was “only intended to incite fear and hate at a Black Christian man and a Brown Muslim man.”

That was my first thought.

The factual incorrectness of the photo and the half-truth-laden caption together support that this photo is only intended to incite fear and hate at a Black Christian man and a Brown Muslim man.

That's all.

It's that simple.

Of course, tweeting bizarre and inappropriate things is nothing new for Gosar, who made news when six of his siblings did campaign ads for his opponent in 2018.

• Like 1

It just goes to show that libs can't understand a joke, even when it's explained to them.  They still haven't figured out that 70% of Trumps tweets are red herrings to make them mad, and then he proceeds with other plans.  Of course they call this lying, but they are simply sent to get a reaction.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/05/politics/trump-war-tweet-iran/index.html   The thing is, he doesn't have to tell Congress that he's making a preemptive strike as I've already shown in the past on SDC.  I can provide the law if you have forgotten.