👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷

applebutter

KirtFalcon, on 19 February 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

When Iran's stated goal is the total destruction of Israel, I don't think we, or Israel, can take the chance that Iran is not "dumb enough" to follow through with their threat. I am really surprised Israel has allowed Iran to get this far with their "peaceful" nuclear program. I have serious doubs about the gutless wonder we have in the White House providing much support for Israel before or after an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities .... and I know the RP loons with their heads in the sand wouldn't be much help either.

Ok, lets say you and your neighbor had a big disagreement a week ago. Then you find out that yesterday he went to the pawn shop and purchased a gun. Do you go over there and shoot him first. Because you don't want to take a chance he might shoot you first.

by the way, if you choose to do that you will be in prison. But many of you are ok with preemptive war.

At times I get the impression ol frothy would like to be at war with EVERYONE.

I can't help you out if you can't comprehend foreign policy. Our enemies have no leverage in the world? China, Russia, Iran and others have no leverage? You have no idea what you are talking about. N Korea has been a thorn in our side because of the dealings and mischief they have caused with China, Russia, Iran and others as well as the U.N. You also have no idea of what you are talking about as far as our relationshiop with Israel. It has nothing to do with Israel not sending troups to Iraq or Afghanistan. There are a multitude of reasons Israel hasn't been involved in the Iraq and Afghan wars ... I doubt you would understand them either.

You are like arguing with a juvenile who doesn't have the foggiest idea what he is talking about! LOL

This brings back the original question: Why the *&^$ are we going well out the way on Iran but when N. Korea does a missile test, we just act like nothing happened and just sanction them; which the problem with sanctions is that depending upon the implementation of government, it just hurts the citizens than the people in power.

And sadly it's not JT that is saying but rather many other people. The Neo-cons seem to have this vested interest in the Middle East and not in North Korea.

This could have all been averted if we wouldn't have had such a weak President with Jimmy Carter. Iran was once a very strong ally with America under the Shah's direction. 34 years later, we're having to deal with it.

Maybe, but actually the removal of Saddam from power is the main reason Iran is now a threat. Iraq was the buffer we help prop up in response to Iran in the late 70's early 80's. Any Iran military movements would have been met by force from Iraq. Now that the Shia are now in charge of Iraq (instead of the Sunni Muslim Baath party) Iran,a Shia Muslim country, is no longer an issue with Iraq. We basically removed Iran sworn enemy. Now they could turn all of their threats towards Israel.

Maybe, but actually the removal of Saddam from power is the main reason Iran is now a threat. Iraq was the buffer we help prop up in response to Iran in the late 70's early 80's. Any Iran military movements would have been met by force from Iraq. Now that the Shia are now in charge of Iraq (instead of the Sunni Muslim Baath party) Iran,a Shia Muslim country, is no longer an issue with Iraq. We basically removed Iran sworn enemy. Now they could turn all of their threats towards Israel.

That's a good post. I think Israel was more than happy to let Iran and Iraq preoccupy themselves with each other, killing each other in the process, while taking care of things themselves when necessary (like the bombing raid of Iraq's nuclear facility in the '80's).

^ like the bombing raid of Iraq's nuclear facility in the '80's

Good point and one in which Ron Paul was among a small group in Congress at that time that did not object. Thank you!

Most in Congress were very opposed of Israel's action on Iraq. In fact the issue was quite controversial. The screaming meemees in Congress were frothing in opposition compared to now as many know nothing but bomb, bomb, bomb. Here again is a question I would not expect many to allow to sink in. Why must the U.S. approve/disapprove anything Israel does? Israel is not the U.S. Israel is its own sovereign state. Exactly Ron Paul's point.

Theologically speaking, you could not get a consensus of opinion from among the leading Biblical scholars and theologians regarding the modern state of Israel and Biblical prophecy if your life depended upon it. Many sincere Christians believe that the Biblical promises to Israel have all taken place in history past. Many sincere Christians believe that there are many promises to Israel that are yet future. And of these groups, many believe that the modern state of Israel is the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, while many others believe that the modern state of Israel has no relationship whatsoever to the future Davidic Kingdom. And the fact is, when it comes to America's foreign policy, it doesn't matter!

- Chuck Baldwin

Live by the sword, die by the sword. I believe that to apply to both radical Islamists and radical Christians.

The Iranians, who some seem to have no qualms about getting nuclear weapons, just sentenced one of their Christian ministers to death for converting from Islam. Maybe they were just singling him out and hold no ill will towards any other Christians in the world. Yeah, right...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/22/iran-court-convicts-christian-pastor-convert-to-death/

You are not getting it. It's not that some seem to have no qualms, it's that some don't want Iran to have a nuke. For instance, I don't want Pakistan or N. Korea to have a nuke...but they do! There are people in those countries just as crazy as some of Iranian's leaders and crazy warmongering "leaders" in the U.S. Why don't we man up and take those nukes away from Pakistan and N. Korea?

On the article , Christian persecution is rampant all over the world. Jesus said it would not be easy.

Maybe we outta do what Newt said last night...manufacture our own oil, and the devil with 'em over there; but if a true ally, Israel, is threatened...well, that's a different story.

And let's take all the candidates' views, including Paul's into the equation. Paul says you know what, we need to talk to them. Okay, fine, let's talk...I vote for Paul to talk to 'em. Now, what happens if they don't want to talk, or they make demands, then make threats. Then what is Paul going to do?

He says we should talk to 'em... okay, fine. Then what?

You are not getting it. It's not that some seem to have no qualms, it's that some don't want Iran to have a nuke. For instance, I don't want Pakistan or N. Korea to have a nuke...but they do! There are people in those countries just as crazy as some of Iranian's leaders and crazy warmongering "leaders" in the U.S. Why don't we man up and take those nukes away from Pakistan and N. Korea?

On the article , Christian persecution is rampant all over the world. Jesus said it would not be easy.

You cant "take" away nukes but you can prevent other countries from manufacturing them. Fact is this, Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, nukes are a means to follow thru with that threat. If we can prevent it, we should. If they use them on Israel, they will use them on us or anyone else.

parent: May want to consult with the speculative odds-makers. I cannot advise you. What if the sun does not appear above the horizon tomorrow morning? What if Santorum and Paul's other two opponents have lied to the American public all this time? How is Newt going to do what he says he will do? How about Romney? What if, how do we know? :wacko: How do I know the next card wins the pot? :ph34r:

You cant "take" away nukes but you can prevent other countries from manufacturing them. Fact is this, Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, nukes are a means to follow thru with that threat. If we can prevent it, we should. If they use them on Israel, they will use them on us or anyone else.

Proof the fear mongers have worked their magic on the American public. There is no law , international or by the U.S. that says straw cannot form his own army and kick Iran's ars. Go for it!

“…nuclear warfare is not necessary to cause a breakdown of our society. You take a large city like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago–their water supply comes from hundreds of miles away and any interruption of that, or food, or power for any period of time, you’re going to have riots in the streets. Our society is so fragile, so dependent on the interworking of things to provide us with goods and services, that you don’t need nuclear warfare to fragment us anymore than the Romans needed it to cause their eventual downfall.”

- Gene Roddenberry

“It’s in our fallen, sinful nature for tyrants to rise up in every nation. And unfortunately, it’s also in our nature that the vast majority in every nation is either too stupid or too apathetic to do anything about it until the tyrants have put up their barbed wire and spilled a lot of blood.”

- James Wesley, Rawles, Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

“A king can stand people fighting but he can’t last long if people start thinking.”

- Will Rogers

“We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security.”

- Dwight David Eisenhower

Proof the fear mongers have worked their magic on the American public. There is no law , international or by the U.S. that says straw cannot form his own army and kick Iran's ars. Go for it!

“…nuclear warfare is not necessary to cause a breakdown of our society. You take a large city like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago–their water supply comes from hundreds of miles away and any interruption of that, or food, or power for any period of time, you’re going to have riots in the streets. Our society is so fragile, so dependent on the interworking of things to provide us with goods and services, that you don’t need nuclear warfare to fragment us anymore than the Romans needed it to cause their eventual downfall.”

- Gene Roddenberry

“It’s in our fallen, sinful nature for tyrants to rise up in every nation. And unfortunately, it’s also in our nature that the vast majority in every nation is either too stupid or too apathetic to do anything about it until the tyrants have put up their barbed wire and spilled a lot of blood.”

- James Wesley, Rawles, Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

“A king can stand people fighting but he can’t last long if people start thinking.”

- Will Rogers

“We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security.”

- Dwight David Eisenhower

So when someone other than yourself has an opinion, its from being brainwashed by Fox news?...Thats a pathetic excuse for saying "I have no comeback for your argument and fold like a little sissy under the pressure. Its ridiculous and cowardly as well. Why dont you prove that that is fear mongering...oh wait, you must dine with Sean Penn....Iran is Rainbows and Unicorns......when you can come at me with something more the the liberal fear mongering mantra, I'll be more than happy to debate you.

^ Then stop with your false claims and fear mongering, girly boy.

BTW, you can believe I feel no pressure from you.

When will you man up and start that army?

Must be sort of grumpy this morning. Is it because the country that cared to watch got to see the fake Santorum last night?

Sean Penn? Who is that? You seem to be familiar.

Must be sort of grumpy this morning. Is it because the country that cared to watch got to see the fake Santorum last night?

Hares, be careful, you better respect his "authoritah". You likely won't get sanctions - just get a bomb dropped on you and "poof" you are out of here - all in the name of safety and security for the Smoaky Nation.

Maybe we outta do what Newt said last night...manufacture our own oil, and the devil with 'em over there; but if a true ally, Israel, is threatened...well, that's a different story.

And let's take all the candidates' views, including Paul's into the equation. Paul says you know what, we need to talk to them. Okay, fine, let's talk...I vote for Paul to talk to 'em. Now, what happens if they don't want to talk, or they make demands, then make threats. Then what is Paul going to do?

He says we should talk to 'em... okay, fine. Then what?

If it comes to resistance, then we would have nearly no other alternative. The thing is we're flexing muscle looking for Iran to jump off conflict instead of trying to come to the table.

Don't sell your gold.

Jim Rogers says don't sell your gold just yet and makes a good point about the upcoming attack on Iran.

It is pretty clear that many people in Washington DC and in America who want to do something with Iran, there seem to be many people in Israel who want to do something with Iran. I find it madness if they would even think about something like that because if they do, it is going to cause all sorts of havoc in the world and retaliation, but people do foolish things all the time.

It looks as though something is going to happen. It is not going to be good for any of us if and when it happens. I am not investing as it was going to happen other than the fact that I do own oil and I own commodities, but I hope it does not happen, but it looks like it will.

We have an army....if it was up to you and Loony toons, we wouldn't have one. Now step up to the plate and give me facts that Iran will not follow thru with the threats they have made against Israel. If you tell me you are going to shoot me with a gun and I can stop you from getting one....my chances are better of you not shooting me...sorry you cant comprehend that.

parent: May want to consult with the speculative odds-makers. I cannot advise you. What if the sun does not appear above the horizon tomorrow morning? What if Santorum and Paul's other two opponents have lied to the American public all this time? How is Newt going to do what he says he will do? How about Romney? What if, how do we know? :wacko: How do I know the next card wins the pot? :ph34r:

No. You want us to vote for Paul. I want to know what the answer is, if we talk to them and they still tell us to go jump in the river, and even if we make concessions... then what?

I don't see anybody else on here asking and continually putting up "vote for my candidate" topics. If you want us to consider him, then what's the answer, has Paul given an answer, has ANYONE asked him that question yet? In other words, what's the plan? We go talk to them, okay, fine, we got the memo. Then what?

Bush should have learned something from Reagan, and I agree on that point as well. Reagan couldn't team up with the Ayatollah in public, but we sold them weapons just like we did Saddam. It would have been better for us to pit Iraq vs. Iran II. Instead since 2003 they've become closer allies. They've signed over a hundred treaties since Saddam fell. I guess we haven't had much of a hand in the government of Iraq as we think we have. This further disproves the War for Oil theory of many of the left.

Bush should have learned something from Reagan, and I agree on that point as well. Reagan couldn't team up with the Ayatollah in public, but we sold them weapons just like we did Saddam. It would have been better for us to pit Iraq vs. Iran II. Instead since 2003 they've become closer allies. They've signed over a hundred treaties since Saddam fell. I guess we haven't had much of a hand in the government of Iraq as we think we have. This further disproves the War for Oil theory of many of the left.

You know, I thought of this very same thing last night when they were talking about Syria (I think that's the right country) and giving X folks, whoever they may be, help......help....to come back and bite us later in the buttocks .... maybe. Who knows?

With all the yeyaw about "burning the Koran" over in Afghanistan and all the apologies and blah, blah, blah... I kinda like Sarah's take on it... fine, "apologize for the lost American lives" (trying to save their country).

But I did catch what Newt said... produce our own oil, the devil with 'em, but we'll help Israel, if needed. Period, that's it, they're on their own!

We have an army....if it was up to you and Loony toons, we wouldn't have one. Now step up to the plate and give me facts that Iran will not follow thru with the threats they have made against Israel. If you tell me you are going to shoot me with a gun and I can stop you from getting one....my chances are better of you not shooting me...sorry you cant comprehend that.

straw, you and others are convinced Iran will unleash a nuke on Israel and the U.S. I'm assuming. Therefore that attitude draws the first burden of proof so you go first. Where are the facts Iran has the ability to annihilate with a nuclear weapon? Where are the facts Iran has nuclear weapons and where are they?

Obviously you don't listen to Loony toons when speaking about national defense and a strong military as outlined in Article I Section 8. If he is not popular with active military personnel in his approach to U.S. military per COTUS I cannot determine for the life of me why active military donate more to his campaign than all other candidates combined including Obama. Loony toons IS the only presidential candidate remaining that served his country and during a time our government led us into an unjustifiable , non declared war in Vietnam. There was nothing special about Loony toons or his family that could have bought his way out of the draft. I don't blame him for joining as opposed to entering the draft. A man of his intellect and intelligence is far better utilized as a physician than stuck in the mud of a foxhole in the jungles of a catastrophe.

Image%202012.02.23%204:36:35%20PM.png

No. You want us to vote for Paul. I want to know what the answer is, if we talk to them and they still tell us to go jump in the river, and even if we make concessions... then what?

I don't see anybody else on here asking and continually putting up "vote for my candidate" topics. If you want us to consider him, then what's the answer, has Paul given an answer, has ANYONE asked him that question yet? In other words, what's the plan? We go talk to them, okay, fine, we got the memo. Then what?

I don't want you to do anything. Where do I ask you to "vote for my candidate" BTW?

I guess he has no plan or at least not one anyone will listen to. Therefore proceed with the loons you seem to support and BOMB IRAN no questions asked. We need to expedite the draft again as well and make dam sure everyone's kids get in on the fun of a war just like Vietnam. That is what the war hawks strive for anyway. That is the only way to feed the beast that is the Military Industrial Complex.

The United States has been utilizing what may prove to be the most historically inept strategy in the entire history of warfare, in which the enemy nations are occupied while allowing its own territory to be colonized.

Vox Day

Obviously you don't listen to Loony toons when speaking about national defense and a strong military as outlined in Article I Section 8.

If he is not popular with active military personnel in his approach to U.S. military per COTUS I cannot determine for the life of me why active military donate more to his campaign than all other candidates combined including Obama.

Sorry hares, I wanted them to make sure they read that carefully.

I don't want you to do anything. Where do I ask you to "vote for my candidate" BTW?

I guess he has no plan or at least not one anyone will listen to. Therefore proceed with the loons you seem to support and BOMB IRAN no questions asked. We need to expedite the draft again as well and make dam sure everyone's kids get in on the fun of a war just like Vietnam. That is what the war hawks strive for anyway. That is the only way to feed the beast that is the Military Industrial Complex.

The United States has been utilizing what may prove to be the most historically inept strategy in the entire history of warfare, in which the enemy nations are occupied while allowing its own territory to be colonized.

Vox Day

I never said we should bomb Iran, jeesh almighty, you're one of those "the glass is half full" guys. If you don't want us to vote for Paul, then why all the articles about him...surely there's a reason behind it?

And now Paul's message is, if you vote for anyone else, they're going to bomb Iran and institute the draft. He is most definitely a PURE POLITICIAN. Scare tactics...

Here's a great example on the message of, "let's go and talk with 'em"... http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20120224/655d42d6-98c3-407c-95ec-a6e8ac03e58c

Nope, Castro says, I'd like 5 of my Cuban prisoners you're holding and I'll give you your 1 back. Seems fair, huh?

I never said we should bomb Iran, jeesh almighty, you're one of those "the glass is half full" guys. If you don't want us to vote for Paul, then why all the articles about him...surely there's a reason behind it?

And now Paul's message is, if you vote for anyone else, they're going to bomb Iran and institute the draft. He is most definitely a PURE POLITICIAN. Scare tactics...

Here's a great example on the message of, "let's go and talk with 'em"... http://my.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20120224/655d42d6-98c3-407c-95ec-a6e8ac03e58c

Nope, Castro says, I'd like 5 of my Cuban prisoners you're holding and I'll give you your 1 back. Seems fair, huh?

You harp about Iran having a nuke , all the dangers to Israel, the U.S. and everyone else and action should be taken but don't believe negotiating will work? How are you going to accomplish preventing Iran from developing their own nuclear arsenal? And at the moment people are freaking out when Iran has not one nuclear weapon.

This fits your psyche very well:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

-H. L. Mencken

Explains why you approve of the Patriot Act incidentally.

Let's hear your solution to the concerns about Iran. Is it in line with that of Rick Santorum, Romney, Gingrich? Incidentally you never explained what you meant by a commenting Santorum's talk about Iran scared you. What is that about? Regardless, you continually harp asking what is Paul going to do, how is he going to do it, how do we know it will work..that is psychotic parent. Let's "pretend" YOU are president. Please proceed. What are you going to do, how are you going to do it and how do we know it will work. :wacko:

Are you going to negotiate. Wait, no , you have already commented people cannot "talk" to crazed leaders in Iran. I'll stop and let you explain WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Image%202012.02.23%204:36:35%20PM.png

• Mr. P changed the title to 👀 What's going on with Iran? 🇮🇷