Official National Championship Thread

Lobo97

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't believe this is the best halftime show they could come up with.  This guy, whoever he is,:poop: is horrible ....

Side note: Does Jalen Hurts have the worst hair cut you have ever seen, or what?  ... :woot:

I would agree on both counts!  But especially that halftime performance that was hideous talk about a cultural assassination what garbage!!  How in the world could you call that music what is it called Music I don't know I hope not

57 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Bama hid that kid all season for their secret second half weapon.  

No he was not hidden.  He was right there on the bench all year for all to see!  He was indeed wasted.  Hurts can't throw and that's no secret!  If the best thing about your QB is his ability to run, more him to RB or put him in if you run the Wildcat or the wild Pachyderm!  Tua has thrown the ball better all year when he has had the chance to play.  He did so in the spring, in the fall and during the early part of the season.  I said all along, put him at QB and put Hurts at RB!

I texted a friend at half time and told them they needed to pull Hurts and that their best QB is riding the Pine!

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It was horribly predictable tonight.  Ou’s Defense was bad too.   

Oklahoma did have a fantastic offense no doubt they did scare me a little!  Both coaches didn't know each other well and that may have had a little something to do with it.  They both wanted to play ball control office in opportunity defense which was going to leave till rather low-scoring game!

there will be a quarterback battle next year for the starting job in Alabama I think Sabin will have to give this guy a fair shot!  Hurts is 26 in and 2, and did leave the team that to the national championship games but you just can't throw very well!   It's going to be a mess for Saban, he may should have redshirted Tua but since he did not and if Tua was gonna have to sit at the bench all next year he may have transferred before next season.  Hurts will not turn pro after his junior year, the Pro's aren't going to take him, not as a quarterback.

5 hours ago, RedCreek49 said:

Oklahoma did have a fantastic offense no doubt they did scare me a little!  Both coaches didn't know each other well and that may have had a little something to do with it.  They both wanted to play ball control office in opportunity defense which was going to leave till rather low-scoring game!

there will be a quarterback battle next year for the starting job in Alabama I think Sabin will have to give this guy a fair shot!  Hurts is 26 in and 2, and did leave the team that to the national championship games but you just can't throw very well!   It's going to be a mess for Saban, he may should have redshirted Tua but since he did not and if Tua was gonna have to sit at the bench all next year he may have transferred before next season.  Hurts will not turn pro after his junior year, the Pro's aren't going to take him, not as a quarterback.

Hurt's needs to transfer.

Was anyone else surprised 48 got back into the game after he went at a coach on the sideline? 

I remember thinking after his dumb penalty, what an idiot. Then he went after a coach on the sideline and I thought, he showed his lack of self control in back to back moments. I didn't think we'd see him again last night but then the next kickoff he made a clothesline tackle. 

24 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Was anyone else surprised 48 got back into the game after he went at a coach on the sideline? 

I remember thinking after his dumb penalty, what an idiot. Then he went after a coach on the sideline and I thought, he showed his lack of self control in back to back moments. I didn't think we'd see him again last night but then the next kickoff he made a clothesline tackle. 

Not surprised.

I don't want to hear this bull#### about what OU would or wouldn't have done. We lost. We don't get to say what we could have done. We didn't get it done. We are no longer a part of the conversation. 

OU was whipping Georgia up and down the field for an entire half of football...  but refused to finish. We had ample opportunities (both on offense and defense) to put the game away. But we didn't. We scored 40+ points and rolled up 500+ yards of offense...  and lost. Georgia beat us when and where it counted. Georgia deserved to be there. Period. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I thought for sure he would be sent to the locker room. At least that's what I would have done. 

• Like 1

It was a "Meh" game until the 4th quarter and it looked like Georgia was going to blow it. Tua brought the game to life, then the Bama kicker did blow it in regulation. 

I was hoping we'd get to see the Bama kicker again to try and tie or win the game. But I love a good dumpster fire. Haha

17 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tide vs. Dawgs deliver an OT thriller and huge TV rating. https://t.co/dwnZR750tQ

Loved every second of it including halftime. :)

I am sure that the BMD's just loved the half-time performance too.  I like a variety of music but I am going to have to google Kendrick Lamar to get the words to the songs.  All I was able to discern were "be humble".

16 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It was a "Meh" game until the 4th quarter and it looked like Georgia was going to blow it. Tua brought the game to life, then the Bama kicker did blow it in regulation. 

I was hoping we'd get to see the Bama kicker again to try and tie or win the game. But I love a good dumpster fire. Haha

Missed calls by the officials, missed kicks, missed tackles, bads sacks taken by the QBs, and missed QBs were what brought it back to life.

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

?? Why? 

Have you seen his hairdo?  It's about the funkiest looking thing I have ever seen on a head ..... it looks like he started to get it cut in the front, then changed his mind and just dyed the rest of it orange and puffed it up in some kind of bee hive.  I can't believe he can even get his helmet on with that big glob of orange back there ... ::woot:

45 minutes ago, sawemoff said:

Missed calls by the officials, missed kicks, missed tackles, bads sacks taken by the QBs, and missed QBs were what brought it back to life.

The non-call on the obvious face mask by the Alabama defender in the 2nd half should have resulted in another score by Georgia.  They were already in long field goal range and might have even scored a TD.  Either way, it would have put Georgia up by three scores.  That non call was the turning point in the game ... 

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Have you seen his hairdo?  It's about the funkiest looking thing I have ever seen on a head ..... it looks like he started to get it cut in the front, then changed his mind and just dyed the rest of it orange and puffed it up in some kind of bee hive.  I can't believe he can even get his helmet on with that big glob of orange back there ... ::woot:

If you watch TWD, I found Jalen Hurts :lol: 

king-ezekiel.jpg?quality=100&w=650

• Thanks 1