Center 59 Rusk 48 final

Carthage 57 Tatum 49 final

Boys Standings 

Center              7-1

Tatum              4-4

Rusk                 4-4

Carthage        4-4

Henderson    1-7

***Three way tie for 2nd. Coaches will decide tomorrow whether to flip for it or play it out

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Henderson’s press was impressive, Kilgore isn’t a bad team. Canton is a different animal though.  

Wonder how Canton would stack up against Bri Mitchell and Tatum's press and Tatum's run the floor offense. Bri Mitchell is one heck of a scoring PG.

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

Boys District 15

Chapel Hill 78 Bullard 64 final

Gilmer 70 Spring Hill 67 final OT

Kilgore ?? Gladewater??

***Kilgore win or lose will play Center

Spring Hill 8-2  
Chapel Hill 8-2 

Gilmer 6-4 
Kilgore 4-5
Gladewater 2-7

Bullard 1-9

Center vs Kilgore Tuesday the 20th at Nacogdoches HS at 6pm

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Wonder how Canton would stack up against Bri Mitchell and Tatum's press and Tatum's run the floor offense. Bri Mitchell is one heck of a scoring PG.

That would be fun to see. Canton, like Bullard is just fundamentally sound in basketball. Everyone can dribble, everyone can shoot. IMO, Bri Mitchell is the best girls basketball player in East Texas, as well as state. She makes everything go. I think Canton would certainly hang around and make things interesting. 

18 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

That would be fun to see. Canton, like Bullard is just fundamentally sound in basketball. Everyone can dribble, everyone can shoot. IMO, Bri Mitchell is the best girls basketball player in East Texas, as well as state. She makes everything go. I think Canton would certainly hang around and make things interesting. 

Yeah, Bri is a solid talent. I think if she had any height at all she would have gone D1. She may have had some D1 offers, not sure, but she is committed to SFA. She's a great ball handler. I think what sets her apart from most players is her ability to create separation from anyone guarding her with step back moves to create great shot opportunities. She has a nice stroke from downtown and can drive the lane and score with contact getting a lot of opportunities at the charity stripe. She's been fun to watch. We only graduate like 3 from this year's team...however, it's 3 of the biggest contributors. Bri will definitely be the biggest loss. Best overall, all around, basketball player that has came through the girls program I've seen in my time watching them. I've heard Bri has been working with a really young Tatum girl that is supposed to be something special.

7 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah, Bri is a solid talent. I think if she had any height at all she would have gone D1. She may have had some D1 offers, not sure, but she is committed to SFA. She's a great ball handler. I think what sets her apart from most players is her ability to create separation from anyone guarding her with step back moves to create great shot opportunities. She has a nice stroke from downtown and can drive the lane and score with contact getting a lot of opportunities at the charity stripe. She's been fun to watch. We only graduate like 3 from this year's team...however, it's 3 of the biggest contributors. Bri will definitely be the biggest loss. Best overall, all around, basketball player that has came through the girls program I've seen in my time watching them. I've heard Bri has been working with a really young Tatum girl that is supposed to be something special.

SFA is a division 1 university.

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

They would match up pretty good bri will get here’s the question is if the rest of the team will help canton is actually a pretty good skilled team 

31 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

They would match up pretty good bri will get here’s the question is if the rest of the team will help canton is actually a pretty good skilled team 

Essence Allen has come on pretty strong late in the season and Shans is a pretty solid scorer. Bradley is pretty good, they all have some talent. Hooper does really well down low. I don't think the defense will be in question, the girls get after it on D. Offensively Bri definitely runs the show but there's some solid talent/athleticism surrounding her. Both teams are ranked in the top 10, I would expect a solid matchup, should it take place that is. Fundamental vs athleticism is always a fun matchup to watch. 

15 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Essence Allen has come on pretty strong late in the season and Shans is a pretty solid scorer. Bradley is pretty good, they all have some talent. Hooper does really well down low. I don't think the defense will be in question, the girls get after it on D. Offensively Bri definitely runs the show but there's some solid talent/athleticism surrounding her. Both teams are ranked in the top 10, I would expect a solid matchup, should it take place that is. Fundamental vs athleticism is always a fun matchup to watch. 

Tatum weakness will be that teams will start to double Bri or run a zone to make them shoot because they are not consistent shooting the outside ball kinda like we forced Them to make someone else beat us last yr and they couldn’t because they honestly rely to much on bri to do to much 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Tatum weakness will be that teams will start to double Bri or run a zone to make them shoot because they are not consistent shooting the outside ball kinda like we forced Them to make someone else beat us last yr and they couldn’t because they honestly rely to much on bri to do to much 

Very true.....i would assume they've addressed that a bit. Like I said.....Essence Allen went for 26 when Bri was out with an injury in a game......Shans can score fairly well too. Fite missing the season with an injury hurts but I think they will be tough to take down this year. Coming into the matchup with yall last year at 44-0 they hadnt really been tested and the adversity got to them when Gilmer jumped them....they've played some tougher opponents this year and have been a bit more battle tested.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage is competitive in baseball, softball, volleyball, and track. I won't even mention football. Ok, they are not any good at basketball.

Actually, the Carthage basketball team beat every team in the district.  Center is the only other team in the district to accomplish that.