4A Dist. 16 Boys & Girls Basketball

Crawford

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Center won 52-36 final

Ugly game for the Riders tonight, but we'll take it. On to SH.

...., with that being said our defense handed the Vandals their lowest scoring game, (36), of their season. Go Riders!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

...., with that being said our defense handed the Vandals their lowest scoring game, (36), of their season. Go Riders!!

Congrats on the w. Center's defense played well and is really good. Not many open looks for the vandals.  Good luck the rest of the way.  I figure the only 2 able to keep Center out of San Antonio are Lincoln or Argyle.

I also liked y'alls fans.  Lots of spirit.  But y'alls students need to stay on their side of the gym next time. 

12 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Argyle girls must be really good because they absolutely rolled gilmer. 

Yea they are very good and young they started two freshman a soph and a junior their lone Sr is very good but they should be able to repeat but we were also missing out 6’2 Sr post so that didn’t help 

35 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Boy I think center for the worst end of this deal that’s a long ways to travel on a Tuesday night 

Nah, not really. The Riders & fans are pretty good about traveling. It wouldn't surprise us a bit if Center brings a large crowd come Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, FightingLlama said:

Hopefully 16-4A will flex that bEASTtx muscle in Commerce this weekend against 10-4A 

District 10-4A may be the toughest district in 4A, if not in the state and you can probably call it the "District of Doom" in boys basketball. When the playoffs began, 10-4A had four teams in the top 25. At one time they had five until Roosevelt dropped out.    

• Like 2

“I just told them we’ve got some giants in front of us,” coach Charlie Tucker said. “Whether it’s Lincoln, Argyle, Carter or Center. I told them we’ve got to load our slingshot up with some pebbles and take them down one pebble at a time. It’s great for these kids. That’s the bottom line. They’re winners. Everyone one of them play football, so they’ve got that winner’s mentality.”

Read More: Carthage, Center Moving on to Regional Semifinals | http://etsn.fm/carthage-center-moving-on-to-regional-semifinals/?trackback=tsmclip

This is a special group of seniors. They are gonna be missed.

Notice Center played Shill at LeTourneau.  We had played post district games there before. but this time when

the girls considered that as a play-off gym. We were told the college 3point ring and high school 3pont ring was a different distance

and that is the reason why we didn't play there. Was this taken into consideration, or as Hillary said "what difference does it make"

Ended up playing at Gladewater where the clock operator couldn't put who fouled on the clock.