Kirbyville is open (Application list added)

rykerx144

6 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Thought Bowman had some good young talent coming up?

Thought that, too ... that's all the Purple Rider people have raved about for some time  .... especially since coming down a notch.

30 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Do you want the top 5 candidates, or the top 5 that Kirbyville has a chance to hire?

After reading everything I have about the Superintendent, a number will remove their name from consideration after talking to him.

I agree the top 5-6 will pull out once they meet with Wallis. So it looks like the PE coach from Spurger may be the next AD

39 minutes ago, Blackswarm said:

I agree the top 5-6 will pull out once they meet with Wallis. So it looks like the PE coach from Spurger may be the next AD

I think a Zach Bass or that type coach would take the job, simply because it is so hard to get that first Head Coaching job.

I'm not sure the Superintendent will last till the end of the year, that could be a good thing or a bad thing for the new coach.

35 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think a Zach Bass or that type coach would take the job, simply because it is so hard to get that first Head Coaching job.

I'm not sure the Superintendent will last till the end of the year, that could be a good thing or a bad thing for the new coach.

Here is my 2 cents he’s got till April to file appeal on his records being released and if that goes south then the whole world will know what he is hiding. It could be nothing or it could be something to cost him his job. If the later is the case I think the taxpayers from Kirbyville should hold the school board members that hired him accountable and should be forced to step down. There are 3 that are on the board not associated with the hire I believe. That being said Kirbyville will never a chance at a top quality AD/HC because of him. Just ask Greg Neece. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackswarm said:

Here is my 2 cents he’s got till April to file appeal on his records being released and if that goes south then the whole world will know what he is hiding. It could be nothing or it could be something to cost him his job. If the later is the case I think the taxpayers from Kirbyville should hold the school board members that hired him accountable and should be forced to step down. There are 3 that are on the board not associated with the hire I believe. That being said Kirbyville will never a chance at a top quality AD/HC because of him. Just ask Greg Neece. 

I would agree, and it is obvious to anybody with any objectivity, letting Neece get away was the worst thing imaginable for Kirbyville Athletics.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I would agree, and it is obvious to anybody with any objectivity, letting Neece get away was the worst thing imaginable for Kirbyville Athletics.

Not only Neece, but Steve Fentress, Craig Jones, Chris Coats, and David Ford as well. Those are 5 top flight coaches that Kirbyville let get away at the same time.

• Like 1

saw Worleys name listed, PG assistant for a long time. coached baseball under jones then got the head softball job at pg has since resigned from softball and coaches football and baseball. not sure of any other hc jobs he's had. 

1 hour ago, birddog7987 said:

I wonder how soon it'll be until they start conducting interviews...? Realignment is this Thursday

Also, will Doughty make the non-district schedule for Football?

I doubt one is hired before then and yes he will schedule the non district games

1 hour ago, birddog7987 said:

Any info on potential candidates other than the list that was published a week ago?

Was told list has been narrowed down but no names are going to be released on who or who they are interviewing. My guess is you won’t hear anything until a decision has been made.