⚖️ SCOTUS

RETIREDFAN1

Yes, I think it's more likely than not President Trump will also appoint Ginsburg and Breyer's replacements too... that would be 4 ... he should pick all solid conservatives in their 40s .... Upchuck can cry me a river ... the thought of it gives me a tingling feeling running up my leg, sort of like Chrissy Mathews when Barry got elected ... :drool:

Edited by KirtFalcon

29 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

It’s not apples and oranges. It was straight up theft. Stop trying to justify it because it only makes you look worse. 

Nope.  It's apples to oranges.  Lame duck potus vs not lame duck.  An example of "straight up theft" would be how clinton secured the democrat nomination.  Poor Bernie...😂

3 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

I think since it’s an election year we should wait till after November so that the voters have their say. Oh wait, I guess only Repubicans can steal a SCOTUS pick. 

It isn't for the President, and his pick will go through.  I'm so happy we'll get a true Conservative and Kennedy will be gone.  

1 hour ago, AKA said:

This was back when they thought the Republican Party was dead, and they would be in power from now on.  With their shift the past 15 years they'll never be in power again.  They're too far out in left field.  Sure there will still be blue states, but the power is shifting even in some of them, because the Democratic Party has become so out of reach with mainstream American pandering to a small population that have deviant lifestyles.  

1 hour ago, ScreamingEagle said:

How am I?  I’m not the one bringing her up in a situation that doesn’t involve her. Your obsession with her is not flattering. 

It's not an obsession. She was the Democratic Nominee for President in the 2016 election.

1 hour ago, ScreamingEagle said:

How am I?  I’m not the one bringing her up in a situation that doesn’t involve her. Your obsession with her is not flattering. 

I think the inference Monte is making is that Obama and the Dems did not make a serious attempt to force the confirmation of Merrick Garland because the assumption was that Hillary Clinton would be elected president, and thus would be able to nominate an even better candidate, if not the same. 

5 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Exactly how were they going to make an attempt since the Repubicans had control?  The Repubicans were the ones who failed to do their job therefore stealing the seat. Again, this is an election year so in fairness we should wait till after the election to hold any confirmation votes. Or are the Repubicans just scared that they will lose the Congress?

I don't pretend to understand the nuances of Democrat tactics, but that's how it seemed at the time and now in retrospect.

There appeared to be very little urgency from the top of Dem leadership about SCOTUS...   until it was too late.

2 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Exactly how were they going to make an attempt since the Repubicans had control?  The Repubicans were the ones who failed to do their job therefore stealing the seat. Again, this is an election year so in fairness we should wait till after the election to hold any confirmation votes. Or are the Repubicans just scared that they will lose the Congress?

We saw it with Obama, we’ve seen it with Trump... a conservative judge that Trump wants will get that spot.  There is nothing the Dems can do about it, just like there was nothing the Republicans could do when Obama put his ultra liberal judge in there.

22 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

I think since it’s an election year we should wait till after November so that the voters have their say. Oh wait, I guess only Repubicans can steal a SCOTUS pick. 

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

We saw it with Obama, we’ve seen it with Trump... a conservative judge that Trump wants will get that spot.  There is nothing the Dems can do about it, just like there was nothing the Republicans could do when Obama put his ultra liberal judge in there.

When was Elana Kagan nominated and confirmed?

Was it during a mid-term election year? I can't recall... 

45 minutes ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Yet she didn’t win (even though she got quite a few more votes). Therefore I don’t understand why you feel the need to bring her up other than your own fascination with her. 

You're right. She didn't win. And you still didn't answer the question. A "yes" or "No" will suffice.

40 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

When you control the senate you don't have to wait, even though I believe the GOP will have a larger margin after the midterms

I too look for the republicans to pick up a seat of two in the senate come November, replacing senile/back stabbing McCain will also be almost like another pick up  ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I too look for the republicans to pick up a seat of two in the senate come November, replacing senile/back stabbing McCain will also be almost like another pick up  ...

I am thinking GOP will pick up more than two . Missouri, North Dakota, Indiana, Montana, possibly Florida as Scott has a small lead right now. May lose Nevada. Ohio was in play but not looking so good now. Dimwits have high hopes for Arizona also but I don't think so as long as the GOP doesn't nominate a nut job out there.  

5 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

The GOP has denounced him completely, and he was the only person that sent his paperwork on time to be the only candidate.  He doesn't sound like a Conservative Republican.  I saw Marco Rubio come out and say that he would rather see a Democrat win than him, but you want to equate him with the GOP.  That's very shallow thinking from someone who appraises themselves as a genius.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The GOP has denounced him completely, and he was the only person that sent his paperwork on time to be the only candidate.  He doesn't sound like a Conservative Republican.  I saw Marco Rubio come out and say that he would rather see a Democrat win than him, but you want to equate him with the GOP.  That's very shallow thinking from someone who appraises themselves as a genius.  

Hail Dave, Rubio is a Democrat.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

How about you take a look at his stand on the issues and tell me that the vast majority of you on here don’t agree with him. http://artjonesforcongressman.com/issues-congress-2016/

I do with him an every issue, but the Neighborhood amendment.  If someone doesn't like where they live they can move.  The rest doesn't show any racism.  That one does.  I haven't researched him, because I can't vote for him and Illinois is filled with a lot of whacko politicians.  

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Speaking of DNC, I understand they already have a woman lined up to say ______________ sexually assaulted her.  Fill in blank with Trumps Supreme Court Nominee.  

Do they have one if it's a female ?  I've heard there's one at the top of the list.  I don't care if another woman is added to the Supreme Court, and it would show something about Trump.  I wonder what the Dems would say if she's nominated.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/02/trump-meets-with-us-supreme-court-contenders-two-in-focus/23473116/ .  

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚠️ Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's "lifelong friend" denies Kavanaugh incident