⚖️ SCOTUS

RETIREDFAN1

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The fact that we still have a 2nd Amendment that doesn’t make a slingshot illegal wasn’t due to his lack of effort. Make no mistake, your democrat party is on a mission to disarm the citizenry of this nation. They’ve told us as much. 

“Come & Take it”.......

• Thanks 1

If he puts another couple of solid constitutionalists on the high court then i suggest the rock chiseler's get to work in the black hills of south dakota. I say this in all seriousness.  Just make sure to get the hair right, because that's a yuuge deal.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, partsman66 said:

I'm worried he's not going to pick someone as conservative as we all want.

Im not.  So far he's pretty much done exactly as he said he would.  We shall see.  Who thought the embassy would really be in jerusalem at this point?  Have a little faith.  Say your prayers, i know i have, several times.  Personally im hoping he picks amy barrett but we'll see.

I agree that any of them would probably be fine but ive become too cynical at this point.  Barrett, being a woman, wont be facing any #metoo hysteria so that card is off the table.   With the other picks ALL the cards will be on the table.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

If he puts another couple of solid constitutionalists on the high court then i suggest the rock chiseler's get to work in the black hills of south dakota. I say this in all seriousness.  Just make sure to get the hair right, because that's a yuuge deal.

“...........and everybody knows it....😜👌

1 hour ago, partsman66 said:

I'm worried he's not going to pick someone as conservative as we all want.

his first nominee will be highly conservative...  if the democrats manage to successfully block it, he will do a slightly more liberal nominee to get it through... but it will still be a conservative judge either way... guarantee it.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

his first nominee will be highly conservative...  if the democrats manage to successfully block it, he will do a slightly more liberal nominee to get it through... but it will still be a conservative judge either way... guarantee it.

I totally disagree with you ... the dims aren't going to be able to block his choice .... President Trump is NOT going to pick someone "slightly more liberal" ... that's not how he does business ... he says what he means and does what he says ....

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Im not.  So far he's pretty much done exactly as he said he would.  We shall see.  Who thought the embassy would really be in jerusalem at this point?  Have a little faith.  Say your prayers, i know i have, several times.  Personally im hoping he picks amy barrett but we'll see.

We were told that was going to start WW III.  When is it supposed to start now ?

Trump taps federal appeals court Judge Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court
msn ^ | July 9, 2018 

Posted on 7/9/2018, 8:16:14 PM by SMGFan

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Monday nominated Brett Kavanaugh, a federal appeals court judge in Washington, to succeed Anthony Kennedy on the Supreme Court. Trump made the announcement at the White House. NBC News broke the story shortly before the president's made his choice public. Kavanaugh serves on the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which often rules on major challenges to federal laws and policies. If confirmed, he would make the Supreme Court solidly conservative, joining Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Neil Gorsuch — providing a five-vote majority.

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

54 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is from a liberal news source... but the guy’s articles that he wrote is only seen as negative to liberals... guy seeks legit and constitutional if you ask me...

https://apple.news/AiFiwimk2QHqAglgBI_86kw

Constitutional interpretation is what a Supreme Court Justice is suppose to do, I have heard some of these justices say that the constitution is a living document, I don't think so it is a manual to follow and if it doesn't speak to a issue or law then the individual states decide what is law. Is that to simple for some, I think so...😎 

18 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Constitutional interpretation is what a Supreme Court Justice is suppose to do, I have heard some of these justices say that the constitution is a living document, I don't think so it is a manual to follow and if it doesn't speak to a issue or law then the individual states decide what is law. Is that to simple for some, I think so...😎 

Ginsburg has even said the SC should consider international law in making their rulings ... she should have been censured or removed from the court for that remark ....

For those who may be less than pleased with this pick i'll just ask this:  Was Kavanaugh on Trump's list of potential supreme court picks he provided to the public during the campaign?  Yes, i believe he was.  Was he my first choice?  Nope.   But i look at it 2 ways.  1:  I think Trump will have at least one or two more picks to the court before leaving office and 2:  is this current pick worse than someone hillary clinton would've picked?  I think everyone knows that answer.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

For those who may be less than pleased with this pick i'll just ask this:  Was Kavanaugh on Trump's list of potential supreme court picks he provided to the public during the campaign?  Yes, i believe he was.  Was he my first choice?  Nope.   But i look at it 2 ways.  1:  I think Trump will have at least one or two more picks to the court before leaving office and 2:  is this current pick worse than someone hillary clinton would've picked?  I think everyone knows that answer.

That depends. I think Ruth Bader Ginsburg is probably going to try to "wait out" Trump. Breyer probably will, too. Ginsburg is currently 85. That would make her 87 in 2020, and 91 in 2024 (assuming Trump gets re-elected). Breyer is currently 79.

They're the two oldest Justices. Five Justices are 70 or younger (Clarence Thomas being 70). Two are under 60 (Kagen is 58, Gorsuch is 50).

So the four "liberal" justices will probably remain, and if any other justices retire, they'll just likely be replaced (in a Trump administration) with another "Conservative" justice.

I flipped over to LSDMSNBC last night for some "laughs" and to see the hysteria of some of the libtards about President Trump's nomination of Brett Cavanaugh to the SC ... low and behold there was Pocahontas opining and whining about it ...

Notice at about 4:25 of the video she actually states that it's the Supreme Court's job to "make law" where precedent is not set ... this lady is truly ignorant ... 

Notice that the libtard mantra against Kavanaugh is that he was selected to block prosecution from the Mueller investigation and any criminal wrongdoing ... talk about a ridiculous stretch of reasoning .... well they have to manufacture some reason to block Kavanaugh ... :pino:

Edited by KirtFalcon

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚠️ Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's "lifelong friend" denies Kavanaugh incident