⚖️ SCOTUS

RETIREDFAN1

I think this is going on because apparently Brett Kavanaugh went into debt for sports tickets...but that debt has been paid off already.

Also, I did see that someone apparently snapped a photo of him doing some volunteer work feeding the homeless a day after he was nominated for SCOTUS.

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I think this is going on because apparently Brett Kavanaugh went into debt for sports tickets...but that debt has been paid off already.

I don't mind investigation into his life and career. If you're up for SCOTUS, you should expect to be vetted to within an inch of your life. That's par for the course.

The joke is that the media is treating this matter like friggin' Watergate. "BREAKING: Kavanaugh charged season tickets to his credit card! We've got him now!" 

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Also, I did see that someone apparently snapped a photo of him doing some volunteer work feeding the homeless a day after he was nominated for SCOTUS.

What?!?!??! He was giving away FREE FOOD??? How DARE He!!!😱

• LOL! 1

Women Are Buying Up Plan B Because They're Terrified of the Future Supreme Court
finance yahoo.com ^ | July 12, 2018 | Julia Glum 

Posted on 7/12/2018, 10:33:37 AM by Morgana

Within hours of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement announcement last month, Emily Hauser was standing at a drugstore counter asking a pharmacist for two packages of Plan B.

At age 53, she didn’t need the emergency contraception pills — in fact, she wasn’t sure who would, or when. But Hauser bought them anyway. A mother of two, she’s worried her teenagers won’t be able to access Plan B if Roe v. Wade, the decision that protects a woman’s right to abortion, gets overturned after Kennedy leaves the Supreme Court.

It’s a big fear for Hauser, though she feels a little better with $70 worth of morning-after pills sitting in her cabinet.

“I want to make sure I can provide some level of protection,” Hauser, a librarian and writer in the Chicago area, tells MONEY. “If either [kid] comes to me and says, ‘Oh, God, we made a mistake,’ I’ll say, ‘Here you go.'”

Emily is not alone. Across the country, Americans are stockpiling emergency contraception in light of Justice Kennedy’s retirement and President Donald Trump’s Monday nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. The nation’s highest court is on its way to having a conservative majority, making threats against Roe v. Wade seem more dire than ever. People are shelling out $10 to $50 per dose even if they’ll never use the drugs themselves — they just want to have them available in case reproductive rights come under attack. That way, if a daughter, a son, a neighbor, a friend or a stranger finds themselves worried after having unprotected sex, they still have a modicum of choice.

(Excerpt) Read more at finance.yahoo.com ...

10 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/07/11/report-supreme-court-nominee-racked-up-tens-thousands-baseball-tickets/777615002/  .  Is this all they truly have on him so far ?  I can see one spending that much money for tickets today.  Heck, I had tickets for a Mavs vs. 76ers game back in 1991 they were two rows up from the floor.  I ended up selling them for $600, and bought cheaper seats.  I ended up going to the game with a $450 profit.  He makes over $200 a year so I don't see what the big deal is.  The article states he was with friends, so maybe once he purchased them he sold them to them, and he paid off the debt.  I don't see how this is a big whoop.  

46 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Looks like the media was hoping for a Roy Moore type scandal and they’re coming up short. I’m trying to remember if Kagan and Sotomayor got this kind of anal exam from the media. 

Sotomayor and Kagan are all anal.  No exam was needed.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think he'll get the nomination, unless they really unearth some skeletons while digging up dirt.  I don't think they will.  

It’s day 3... they haven’t found any yet.  They may create something, but right now he paid for a baseball game with a credit card isn’t cutting it...

25 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It’s day 3... they haven’t found any yet.  They may create something, but right now he paid for a baseball game with a credit card isn’t cutting it...

They've been investigating Trump for two years, and have his attorneys files and computer to go through.  They still have found nothing yet either.  They'll keep digging until the votes are cast for confirmation.  

I don’t think “fabricated dirt” is going to cut it to axe Kavamaugh.  To many Dem Senators up for re-election in Red States.  IMO Dems would loose a lot more if they go full court press on a No vote.  And even if they do, they might loose.  You should choose your battles.  For the Dems, this one will urinate off their constituency, but it’s a no-brainer.  

The democrats have attempted to rule our country for years via the Judicial Branch.  In 2013 Reid enacted the “nuclear option”, so Obama could fill the Courts with liberal Federal Judges and ensure the Dems control one branch of Govt.  And though it may have happened in my lifetime and I was unaware, I never remember in my 73 years, our Judicial Branch repeatedly overruling the other two branches of our government as they do now.  And I might add, getting their rulings overturned by SCOTUS (a long process).  The Dems realize, whoever controls the Judicial Branch, controls the Government.  It appears to be the most powerful of the three branches.  Heaven forbid liberal judges getting control of the SCOTUS.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/dems_target_federal_judiciary_to_ensure_obamas_leagacy.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

The democrats have attempted to rule our country for years via the Judicial Branch.  In 2013 Reid enacted the “nuclear option”, so Obama could fill the Courts with liberal Federal Judges and ensure the Dems control one branch of Govt.  And though it may have happened in my lifetime and I was unaware, I never remember in my 73 years, our Judicial Branch repeatedly overruling the other two branches of our government as they do now.  And I might add, getting their rulings overturned by SCOTUS (a long process).  The Dems realize, whoever controls the Judicial Branch, controls the Government.  It appears to be the most powerful of the three branches.  Heaven forbid liberal judges getting control of the SCOTUS.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/dems_target_federal_judiciary_to_ensure_obamas_leagacy.html

You are exactly right.  Dims know they can't get most of their ultra liberal agenda passed through congress so they rely on liberal activist judges to "make law" with their unconstitutional rulings.  The greatest thing we can do is to put as many judges on the high courts that will uphold our Constitution and out laws as we can.  It's not enough to defeat liberals at the ballot box, we must do it in the justice system as well ....

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since we’re suppose to abide by the Constitution, there should be a panel to judge the judges.  You make an obvious unconstitutional decision, you’re out as a judge.

Btw, before you liberals start hollering, who’s going to judge the judges, it’ll be a panel of five impartial jurist.  Myself, WH1, Kirt, CarthDawg, and Blue.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to ⚠️ Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's "lifelong friend" denies Kavanaugh incident