Official SDC 2018 NCAA Football Off-season Thread

Coach Rab

Per Adam Schefter

Before Raiders’ HC Jon Gruden hired Rams' QB coach Greg Olson as his offensive coordinator, he interviewed former Texas A & M HC Kevin Sumlin to become his OC, per source. Sumlin became Arizona’s HC, per source.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, MavGrad99 said:

great ... another USC lap dog .... just what the "invitational tournament committee" needs ....:headbang:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Who would you pick? Kinda difficult not to get someone that's a tad biased. They do a a decent job in spreading it around. The problem is they need to add more teams . 

Maybe someone without obvious biased ties to the "big 5" conferences?  Ya think? ....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Maybe someone without obvious biased ties to the "big 5" conferences?  Ya think? ....

That is something we can agree on for sure.  Has there been a non P5 representative in the CFB Playoff Committee yet?

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Who would you pick? Kinda difficult not to get someone that's a tad biased. They do a a decent job in spreading it around. The problem is they need to add more teams . 

First and foremost, there shouldn’t be anybody on there that feels the need to excuse themselves from voting.  So no active ADs or commissioners.  To me the BCS did a pretty good job and was a composite vote.  I feel like the playoff committee goes by the eyeball test more than on the field metrics.  I used to think differently about the BCS but this committee has definitely changed my mind on that.  Bring back the BCS!!!!!

• Like 1

Let the college Football playoff committee figure a top 25 to take the place of the coaches poll in the BCS.  Then you wouldn’t have coaches getting GAs to fill out their ballot or folks like bob stoops or Bobby Bowden purposefully voting a team way down where they should to help their chances

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I read today that O’Neal may have committed to Clemson.  Anything on that?

O’Neal won’t know where he’s playing until the ink dries and the fax goes through. Kids been 100% A&M, then out, then 51%, then out....Like WET said in the Aggie thread it could be a disappointing end to the ‘18 Class but maybe ‘19 will be better.

1 hour ago, stoneykelly said:

O’Neal won’t know where he’s playing until the ink dries and the fax goes through. Kids been 100% A&M, then out, then 51%, then out....Like WET said in the Aggie thread it could be a disappointing end to the ‘18 Class but maybe ‘19 will be better.

He seems like one weird diva to me. 

What’s going on with Hugh Freeze and LSU?  This can’t be real?

Bruce Feldman- SOURCE: In a surprising development, former #OleMiss HC Hugh Freeze is expected to joint Ed Orgeron's #LSU staff as an offensive analyst.