🐺 New-look 'Air Raid' Longview Lobos

gtee2

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Kind've a tough situation. Haynes at QB, stacked backfield, Perry/Kearby at WR. 

Best bet is slot but Keilyn has proven to be pretty effective there. 

I'm thinking way ahead as in next year...what people don't know is #12 kinda undecided on wether not to play football this year. And he wanted to play defense if he did. But he is gifted athlete. His family is the Valentine's outta Marshall. I believe Benny Valentine is his cousin or uncle.

41 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I'm thinking way ahead as in next year...

Well, I love JD, great player but QB and RB out of the question for next year. lol Haynes and Meredith next year....those two are just too dang good and will probably be the best QB-RB combo since Aaron Johnson-Tyler McCray.

WR? CB? S? I can see it...specifically CB and WR. Maybe start opposite of Kearby as a deep threat...he'd be deadly. But then what do you do with #80 Moore or Hopkins? Those two dudes are ballers too. Great problem to have..but regardless someone is going to feel like they should be on the field. Can only put 11 out there. Crazy thing is... the original main two starting WR's that came in with Haynes aren't even with the program anymore. Imagine the deepness of the WR position if they were. lol Kearby was playing CB back then (and he was a beast there). 

Where I could easily see 12 thriving next year is on special teams. We're losing Lister on punt return and Williams on kick return. Somebody is going to have to fill those shoes and I've noticed that JD has been returning kicks at times the past few weeks. 

• Like 3

^^^ This. 

But yeah, I'm from the old school perspective that you use your best athletes on defense. :D 

And I think Jayden is a tremendous weapon in a number of places. I look forward to him continuing to develop. Like I said before, I think next year could be a breakout season for him.