• 4 weeks later...

I believe most of the right left and middle can agree with this statement from the article...

As Breitbarts Daniel Flynn notes, Its tempting to cite Fox Newss growth and the countrys rightward shift to buttress the argument that ESPN backing the wrong horse led to its decline. But that misses the point. People watch sports to escape politics, not to encounter jock versions of MSNBC and Fox. America wants sports now more than ever. ESPN gives America frustrated political pundits haranguing its captive audience with heavy-handed political tirades.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Our local station said it was the reason for starters, also you can tell the obvious direction if you actually watched

Yes, because the news folks and the media in Henderson and Tyler are always right. I wanted actual proof of this, such as stats or at least something that backs this up.

I have a feeling I could be wrong but you would disagree with everyone that wasn't apart of the liberal agenda. Heck they could be openly marriage of cows and horses and you be perfectly content cause Hillary/oboma said equal rights to all.

I asked a simple question. If you don't have enough sense to know how to answer it, then just don't respond to it. It's that easy. It has nothing to do with a "liberal agenda". I have no reason to trust news from that site.
  • Like 1

Yes, because the news folks and the media in Henderson and Tyler are always right. I wanted actual proof of this, such as stats or at least something that backs this up.

You just got through saying you weren't going to READ the proof........

I asked a simple question. If you don't have enough sense to know how to answer it, then just don't respond to it. It's that easy. It has nothing to do with a "liberal agenda". I have no reason to trust news from that site.

Please look at who you're talking to.......:lol:
  • Like 1

How do you know that's the reason? I'm not clicking the link lol

I would think that it's the reason simply based on knowing the people I know here in the south. You alienate over half of your southern audience by pushing a liberal agenda in almost all of your broadcasts. The conservative southern viewer will turn it off. I would expect the same reaction if ESPN pushed a extreme conservative agenda on their network.

The reason people watch ESPN is for SPORTS! I miss sports. I hate listening to Kellerman and Stephen A screaming at each other. That mess is for talk radio. Give me my highlights then show me a game... talk about the game, not the players sexual preference. Talk about the players not their religious beliefs. Talk about sports, not the people protesting the sport.

Sorry, I want to get back to sports and I can't watch sportscenter without vomiting in my mouth with their one sided views. I seriously only have ESPN on my Roku to catch games when they are on. In the mornings I will watch College basketball replays but I do not and will not watch mike and mike, sportscenter or that show where they argue... ??? first take ???

They aren't a credible news site. So, no reason to read their alternative facts and so-called proof lol

This from a total slave to CNN and other sites PROVEN to be liars.......show me ONE time that Breitbart lied......until you do, no more of your posts will remain that slanders them.........

I would think that it's the reason simply based on knowing the people I know here in the south. You alienate over half of your southern audience by pushing a liberal agenda in almost all of your broadcasts. The conservative southern viewer will turn it off. I would expect the same reaction if ESPN pushed a extreme conservative agenda on their network.

The reason people watch ESPN is for SPORTS! I miss sports. I hate listening to Kellerman and Stephen A screaming at each other. That mess is for talk radio. Give me my highlights then show me a game... talk about the game, not the players sexual preference. Talk about the players not their religious beliefs. Talk about sports, not the people protesting the sport.

Sorry, I want to get back to sports and I can't watch sportscenter without vomiting in my mouth with their one sided views. I seriously only have ESPN on my Roku to catch games when they are on. In the mornings I will watch College basketball replays but I do not and will not watch mike and mike, sportscenter or that show where they argue... ??? first take ???

You do know foxsports 1 or whatever it's called with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless discuss the same type of topics on their show right? I think most sports news shows and networks discuss topics like that now. It's not the old days, things have changed. There are a lot of people that want to hear or see sports news networks discussing gossip, players that are protesting something, also players sexual preference and etc. I don't think this is the main reason ESPN is losing viewers. Are people not watching because of that in certain places? Of course. I just don't believe it's a huge percentage or majority of the viewers that's leaving. When ratings go down or stores lose money and decide to close down several locations, the right alway want to blame it on "politics" or the "liberal agenda". Sometimes it's not about that. Have you looked at the number of people leaving cable and dish? Maybe it's that. Maybe it's the type of shows that ESPN have on now. I barely watch espn now. I used to love it when Stuart Scott, Linda and Dan Patrick was mostly on there and when first take was a pretty good show years ago. However, now I just don't care for it. I don't like some of the people they have on there now. It's boring and their pregame for the NBA games....uhh, let's just say it's a mess. It's not worth watching now, unless a game is on. So, I can understand why the ratings are down and they are losing subscribers. I just don't believe it's mostly or all because of political reasons.

You do know foxsports 1 or whatever it's called with Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless discuss the same type of topics on their show right? I think most sports news shows and networks discuss topics like that now. It's not the old days, things have changed. There are a lot of people that want to hear or see sports news networks discussing gossip, players that are protesting something, also players sexual preference and etc. I don't think this is the main reason ESPN is losing viewers. Are people not watching because of that in certain places? Of course. I just don't believe it's a huge percentage or majority of the viewers that's leaving. When ratings go down or stores lose money and decide to close down several locations, the right alway want to blame it on "politics" or the "liberal agenda". Sometimes it's not about that. Have you looked at the number of people leaving cable and dish? Maybe it's that. Maybe it's the type of shows that ESPN have on now. I barely watch espn now. I used to love it when Stuart Scott, Linda and Dan Patrick was mostly on there and when first take was a pretty good show years ago. However, now I just don't care for it. I don't like some of the people they have on there now. It's boring and their pregame for the NBA games....uhh, let's just say it's a mess. It's not worth watching now, unless a game is on. So, I can understand why the ratings are down and they are losing subscribers. I just don't believe it's mostly or all because of political reasons.

I don't watch FS1 unless there is a good b12 game on it or a nice replay of a UFC fight.... so there's that too... CBS Sports Net... I don't watch that trash either... I want sports and talk about sports. I will watch CNN, ABC News, and FOX News if I want to hear what lesbians, government prostitutes and random rednecks think about the rest of America... I want sports shows on sports networks. Period.

As a conservative, I have my own views on each and every topic. What gets said on a tv show, or posted on a message board doesn't sway my opinion. I watch HBO to see movies. I watch the networks when the shows that I like are on. If I'm wanting to hear the political opinions of others, I'll turn on one of the news networks. When I turn on ESPN, it's because I'm wanting to watch a game, or catch highlights of one I've missed. I could care less about the political leanings of the participants. They get paid quite well due to their physical gifts. Take those gifts away, and they're no different from me and you. It doesn't matter what their view on welfare, healthcare, the minimum wage, or gay marriage is. All I care about is how fast they can run or how hard they can hit. Far too much of today's media is caught up in politics. I don't believe the average American wants to have it shoved down their throat 24/7, from any angle. If ESPN was echoing Rush Limbaugh instead of Barack Obama, they'd still be losing viewers. People watch sports so they can get away from all the #### in their daily lives. When that #### gets dragged into it, they're going to look somewhere else.
  • Like 2

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem