It is, but they are racist against whites.  They used to be racist against blacks until the 60's, then decided they wanted their votes so they changed their platform that the Republicans wanted to get done in the 50's.  I hear that stupid white privilege on almost a daily basis today.  I've seen wealth privilege among all races, but not just white's they want to leave out the poor white people, and there are millions in poverty.  You rarely hear about the poverty rate among white's however.  Today it's a constant attack against whites by the media and by the left.  I keep hearing the terms diversity.  When I was raised we were taught inclusion, and not to shun people of other races.  That's how I think it should be.  We are all Americans, and race doesn't define U.S..

On 3/5/2018 at 5:19 PM, CENTEXFAN said:

It one of the few things Libs & conservatives agree on.  The Oscars stink.

Only people who don't know who the president is, but can name Beyoncé's kids watch this garbage.  

Who is this Beyoncé of which you speak? 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P changed the title to ☭ Liberal activism destroying sports, entertainment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hollywood's big bet on Christian movies: http://theweek.com/articles/752022/hollywoods-big-bet-christian-movies 

Given the relative success of films within this genre, it's not surprising that Hollywood shows no signs of letting up when it comes to religious flicks. Last month, Samson retold the tale of the biblical strong man. And now I Can Only Imagine, about one of the most popular Christian songs in modern times, is a bona fide hit. Dennis Quaid, who costars in the film, has a theory on why faith-based films are succeeding.

"When people — adults, kids, families, couples — go to the movies, it is a chance for them to escape from the everyday shenanigans of life," he told me. "People want to feel good when they leave the theater."

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Amen.....and the movies are so full of false doctrine, they should be labeled fiction.......

These movies draw people to the word and gives churches a chance to share the word to those who only came by it via a good movie.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

These movies draw people to the word and gives churches a chance to share the word to those who only came by it via a good movie.  

If they are not being taught THE TRUTH, they are being led to hell......

10 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

If they are not being taught THE TRUTH, they are being led to hell......

I haven’t seen all of them, but the ones I have seen are scriptural sound. GOD’S NOT DEAD not only gives an accurate depiction of the Plan of Salvation, it exposes Islam and Atheism as falsehoods. 

No, it does not......the Plan of Salvation is to hear the Word, Believe the Word, and OBEY the Word by repenting of your past sins, making public your confession of faith, being IMMERSED IN WATER to have those sins washed away, and living faithfully unto death........without baptism, which God's Not Dead omitted, there is no salvation......baptism is the point of salvation, not faith only taught in the referenced movie.......faith alone has never saved anyone, nor will it ever save anyone......

God’s Plan of Salvation

Adam and Eve brought sin into the world when they disobeyed the only command God gave them to follow. Sin has hounded mankind since then, coming between us and God, separating us from Him.

Isaiah 59:2

God has offered to redeem humanity through the gift of His Grace. The Grace of God is offered freely to all humanity. God could have chosen to have continued to do as He did with those before the Flood. He could have put up with humanity until it became unbearable and then destroyed it and started over again. He didn’t do that.

God could have simply ignored us, allowing us to live and die in our sins, and to burn for eternity without any hope of reconciliation to Him.  He didn’t do that, either.

What God did do for us was to provide us a path to reconcile ourselves to Him.

Romans 6: 23

God provided us with the free gift of Grace. A gift that is freely offered to all who will accept it. It is by the freely offered gift of His Grace that we can be saved.

Ephesians 1: 3 - 10

Ephesians 2:4 - 10

Without the Grace of God, we would have no hope at all of eternal life. The only thing we would have to look forward to without God’s freely offered gift of Grace would be an eternity in the lake of fire. But God DID offer this free gift to us. God DID provide us a way, a path to reconcile ourselves to Him. That way is Jesus.

John 14: 6

The sacrifice of His Son is the freely offered gift of Grace from God to us.

Hebrews 9: 11 - 14

Only His perfect Blood has the power to save us by washing our sins away and cleansing our souls.

Hebrews 9: 22

Hebrews 10: 4

He came to this sinful world as one of us. He lived as one of us. He was tempted as we are tempted, yet He did not sin.

Hebrews 2: 18

Hebrews 4: 15

He lived the perfect life required of us, for us. He obeyed God perfectly for us, so that we only have to obey His commands and remain faithful unto death.

He was mocked and scorned. He was beaten and bruised by the Jews and the Romans. He was crucified, which is one of the most painful forms of execution.

Isaiah 53

All of this was for us. It was the only sacrifice that could save us. He did this freely for you and me.

The path has been offered for us to salvation. The gift is freely given. We have not earned or merited this gift in any way. In fact, there is nothing we can do to earn or merit this gift. God could have done as we said earlier and just allowed us to die in our sins and burn. He chose to offer us the gift of salvation. Like any freely offered gift, though, we have to accept it.

If you get a free gift from someone, in order to claim it you have to do something. You have to go pick it up at the post office if they sent it to you in the mail. At the very least you have to open it up. You have to do something in order to enjoy the free gift that was given to you. It’s the same thing with the free gift that God has offered you. You must do something to accept it.

The entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation has as its underlying theme salvation by the Grace of God being given to those who BELIEVED God AND OBEYED God. From the many examples in Scripture of this in action we can conclude that in order for us to receive God’s freely offered gift of salvation by Grace we have to do something to accept it.

From the examples of people we can see in the Bible who have been saved, we see that we have to BELIEVE Him. If we have no faith, there is no possible way for us to accept God’s Grace. If we have no faith in Him, it is impossible for us to be saved.

Hebrews 11: 6

John 8: 24

Like everyone we  read about in the Bible who was ever saved from something by the Grace of God, we must BELIEVE. We must trust in God to mean what He says. We must trust that God will do what He said He would do. To find this trust, we must hear His Word.

Romans 10: 14 - 17

Ephesians 1: 13 - 14

However, just like those folks we read about who were saved from something, faith ALONE is not enough.

James 2: 24

What else is there if faith ALONE won’t bring us into God’s Grace? Like those folks we can read about in the Bible who were saved by God’s Grace from something, we must also OBEY.

John 3: 36

The free gift of Grace is offered only to those who obey.

Hebrews 5: 9

When we believe God, when we trust that He means what He says, then we must DO WHAT HE SAID TO DO. We must OBEY God if we are to be given access to His Grace. God laid out a specific plan for us to accept His Grace. He did His part. To receive the gift, we must do our part. If we believe God, we will see that He told us some things we must Do in order to be saved by His Grace. It’s up to us to seek these things out and to listen to them, if we truly wish to accept His freely offered gift.

Matthew 7: 7 - 8

Acts 17:11

When we are seeking God’s Path to Redemption, we find that He told us that we must REPENT of our sins.

Luke 13: 3

Acts 17: 30

Romans 2: 4

II Corinthians 7: 10

Repentance is an ACTION, not a statement. Repentance means we are so shamed by our sins that we have decided to turn our focus away from the pursuit of our fleshly desires, and begun to focus on the Spiritual things offered to us by God. To repent means to be shamed by and to turn from the sinful things we have been doing. It means we will change our minds and our actions.

Acts 3: 19

We can say we have repented of our sins all day long, but if we continue to commit those sins, have we really repented? No we have not.

Hebrews 10: 26-27

Without repentance, there is no salvation.

As we continue seeking God’s Path to Salvation, we find that we must CONFESS our belief in Him publicly. We must publicly proclaim with our words and our deeds that we believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Matthew 10: 32 - 33

Luke 12: 8 - 9

Romans 10: 8 - 10

Colossians 3: 17

There is no salvation without a confession of your faith in Christ, in your words and in your actions.  

James 2:14-26

Matthew 25:34-40

Continuing on the journey to seek God’s Path for our redemption, we find another command. We find the command to be BAPTIZED, that is immersed in water, to have our sins washed away.

Mark 16: 16

Acts 2: 38

Acts 22: 16

How does baptism save us? Does the water wash away our sins, or is it something else? It is through the gift of the Holy Spirit that Peter spoke of in Acts 2: 38. The Holy Spirit washes our souls clean when our faith leads us to obey the command to be baptized.

Colossians 2: 11 - 14

Titus 3: 4 - 7

I Peter 3: 20 - 21

Following baptism, we must continue to live faithfully for the rest of our lives, despite the obstacles we may face.

Revelation 2:10

That is God’s Path for your redemption. God’s way is THE ONLY WAY. There is no other way to accept His freely offered gift of Grace than to Believe Him and Obey Him. Now is the time. We are not promised anything but the present. We don’t know when our time may be up. We don’t know when death will come for us. If you believe, why not take the time now to obey?

God’s Plan of Salvation

Isaiah 59:2English Standard Version (ESV)

2 but your iniquities have made a separation

between you and your God,

and your sins have hidden his face from you

so that he does not hear.

Romans 6:23English Standard Version (ESV)

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 1:3-10English Standard Version (ESV)

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

5 he predestined us[a]for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[b] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

Ephesians 2:4-10English Standard Version (ESV)

4 But[a] God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

John 14:6English Standard Version (ESV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Hebrews 9:11-14English Standard Version (ESV)

11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come,[a] then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12 he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify[b] for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our[c] conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

Hebrews 9:22English Standard Version (ESV)

22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 10:4English Standard Version (ESV)

4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 2:18English Standard Version (ESV)

18 For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Hebrews 4:15English Standard Version (ESV)

15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 11:6English Standard Version (ESV)

6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

John 8:24English Standard Version (ESV)

24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Romans 10:14-17English Standard Version (ESV)

14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?[a] And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Ephesians 1:13-14English Standard Version (ESV)

13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[b] to the praise of his glory.

James 2:24English Standard Version (ESV)

24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

John 3:36English Standard Version (ESV)

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Hebrews 5:9English Standard Version (ESV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

Matthew 7:7-8English Standard Version (ESV)

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Acts 17:11English Standard Version (ESV)

11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Luke 13:3English Standard Version (ESV)

3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Acts 17:30English Standard Version (ESV)

30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Romans 2:4English Standard Version (ESV)

4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?

2 Corinthians 7:10English Standard Version (ESV)

10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Acts 3:19English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Hebrews 10:26-27English Standard Version (ESV)

26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.

Matthew 10:32-33English Standard Version (ESV)

32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,

33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Luke 12:8-9English Standard Version (ESV)

8 “And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God, 9 but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

Romans 10:8-10English Standard Version (ESV)

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Colossians 3:17English Standard Version (ESV)

17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Mark 16:16English Standard Version (ESV)

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Acts 2:38English Standard Version (ESV)

38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 22:16English Standard Version (ESV)

16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Colossians 2:11-14English Standard Version (ESV)

11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Titus 3:4-7English Standard Version (ESV)

4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Peter 3:20-21English Standard Version (ESV)

20 because[a] they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

17 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I have not seen "I Can Only Imagine" but I plan to. There is also a movie "Paul, Apostle of Christ " coming out that I am looking forward to. 

Although most of these movies look good. I refuse to watch them until they are historically accurate with the way people looked in the the area.

7 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Although most of these movies look good. I refuse to watch them until they are historically accurate with the way people looked in the the area.

I don't think they looked like this back then in their dress :  

10 hours ago, AKA said:

It's almost as if there are millions of people in this country who would enjoy a TV show that reflects their values...     nah, couldn't be. 

Why do I think that since it's Roseanne Barr it will be more to make fun of people that voted for Trump ?  I didn't watch it when it came out, and I'm not about to watch it now.  I did see on facebook that posted how can this be a reboot if Dan is dead ?  I had to look that up, and he had died in I think was the last episode of the original run.  

23 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Why do I think that since it's Roseanne Barr it will be more to make fun of people that voted for Trump ?  I didn't watch it when it came out, and I'm not about to watch it now.  I did see on facebook that posted how can this be a reboot if Dan is dead ?  I had to look that up, and he had died in I think was the last episode of the original run.  

Hahaha, well, I never thought Roseanne was a shining exemplar of Western Civilization myself, but a lot of folks like her brand of blue collar comedy.

Like I said, there's more to entertainment that yet another "progressive" show with weird family situations and decidedly left-leaning takes on social issues. Hillary may have won the popular vote, but Republicans watch TV too. In a day and age where more and more people are cutting the cord, networks better make their peace with flyover country. Just look at the NFL. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem