20 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Aaron Rodgers on protests: “It was never about the anthem; it was never about the troops; it was about social equality and racial injustice,” per @bykevinclark https://t.co/zCtBOR5NwI https://t.co/LqC9MpcJWd

Aaron just sending out a reminder of what it's really all about. 😎

That's exactly why their "protests" during the national anthem was the wrong place to express their beliefs .... they MADE IT ABOUT the anthem and the troops by stepping on such a historically honored event for so many Americans .... they should have found a different venue ... their ignorance knows no bounds ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

8 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I’m still confused.  Please, could someone explain why Tebow could not kneel to pray, but these guys today can kneel during the Anthem? Sounds like to me the NFL has its priorities all fubar.

Who said Tebow could not kneel and pray ?  Sounds to me more of that fake outrage.  

• Stinks 1

38 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Who said Tebow could not kneel and pray ?  Sounds to me more of that fake outrage.  

Well, he did kneel and pray, and he ended up out of the league.  This the same Tebow that led the Florida Gators to two National Championships, and set 5 NCAA Records and 14 SEC Records, and won the Heisman Trophy.  Then he gets drafted by the Denver Broncos, who had just traded off their best (only?) receiver.  Getting to start after Denver started with a 1-4 Record, lead them to the playoffs, and won a playoff game.  His last minute antics to achieve victory, had teams like the Cowboys rushing into the locker room to watch.  Despite all this, and winning a playoff game, he never started another game in the NFL.  He became the only player under 30 to win a playoff game and never get another start in NFL History.  So with all these accomplishments, and abilities, what is the one thing that separatesTebow from all the other QB’s?  Oh, he kneeled and prayed on the field.  Oh, there was one other thing - he appeared in a 30 Second pro-life commercial that was shown in the 2010 Super Bowl.  So he prayed and is pro-life.  Well gall durnit, we can have that kind of poo in the NFL.  And one more point, Tebow walked the walk.  He prays, works in the community, and encourages Christianity on and off the field.  Now our protesting kneelers - I wonder how many of them work in their community to alleviate the injustices they claim to be so upset about.  Fake outrage?  No, there’s enough proof.  It’s not fake.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

11 hours ago, REBgp said:

Well, he did kneel and pray, and he ended up out of the league.  This the same Tebow that led the Florida Gators to two National Championships, and set 5 NCAA Records and 14 SEC Records, and won the Heisman Trophy.  Then he gets drafted by the Denver Broncos, who had just traded off their best (only?) receiver.  Getting to start after Denver started with a 1-4 Record, lead them to the playoffs, and won a playoff game.  His last minute antics to achieve victory, had teams like the Cowboys rushing into the locker room to watch.  Despite all this, and winning a playoff game, he never started another game in the NFL.  He became the only player under 30 to win a playoff game and never get another start in NFL History.  So with all these accomplishments, and abilities, what is the one thing that separatesTebow from all the other QB’s?  Oh, he kneeled and prayed on the field.  Oh, there was one other thing - he appeared in a 30 Second pro-life commercial that was shown in the 2010 Super Bowl.  So he prayed and is pro-life.  Well gall durnit, we can have that kind of poo in the NFL.  And one more point, Tebow walked the walk.  He prays, works in the community, and encourages Christianity on and off the field.  Now our protesting kneelers - I wonder how many of them work in their community to alleviate the injustices they claim to be so upset about.  Fake outrage?  No, there’s enough proof.  It’s not fake.

Tebow is out of the league due to talent, not praying.  YEEESH !  You need to turn off what you are watching/listening too.  Tebow is playing baseball for a minor league team right know.  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

8 hours ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Tebow is out of the league due to talent, not praying.  YEEESH !  You need to turn off what you are watching/listening too.  Tebow is playing baseball for a minor league team right know.  

Did you have to Google that lol?  So he’s out due to talent.  Let’s review his records.  Won the Heisman.  Hmmmm,good start.  He set 14 SEC records, including All time leader in Passing Efficiency, - Completion Percentage - Touchdown to interception ratio - Rushing yards for a QB - Rushing TD’s any position.  He also set 5 NCAA Records.  Ok, enough for College.  So in 2011 he starts for Denver in game 6, who had started the year with a 1-4 Record under QB Kyle Orton.  He was actually put in at halftime in game 5 with a 16 point deficit.  Denver ended up losing 29-24.  Then he manages to get this pathetic team crowned winners of the AFC West for the first time since 2005, and won their first playoff game since 2005.  Btw, Kyle Orton played 3 more years.  So they give Tebow one good shot for 3/4 of a season, on a pathetic team, and he wins the Div Championship and a playoff game.  You’re right Cfan, he has no talent.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

Did you have to Google that lol?  So he’s out due to talent.  Let’s review his records.  Won the Heisman.  Hmmmm,good start.  He set 14 SEC records, including All time leader in Passing Efficiency, - Completion Percentage - Touchdown to interception ratio - Rushing yards for a QB - Rushing TD’s any position.  He also set 5 NCAA Records.  Ok, enough for College.  So in 2011 he starts for Denver in game 6, who had started the year with a 1-4 Record under QB Kyle Orton.  He was actually put in at halftime in game 5 with a 16 point deficit.  Denver ended up losing 29-24.  Then he manages to get this pathetic team crowned winners of the AFC West for the first time since 2005, and won their first playoff game since 2005.  Btw, Kyle Orton played 3 more years.  So they give Tebow one good shot for 3/4 of a season, on a pathetic team, and he wins the Div Championship and a playoff game.  You’re right Cfan, he has no talent.

He just got lucky, I recon.....🤨

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

Not to nit-pick, but name the last Heisman Trophy winning quarterback that won a Super Bowl.

Also: College talent doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. Look how many high draft picks (even #1 overall picks) who were "the next big thing" in the NFL who were busts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Not to nit-pick, but name the last Heisman Trophy winning quarterback that won a Super Bowl.

Also: College talent doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. Look how many high draft picks (even #1 overall picks) who were "the next big thing" in the NFL who were busts.

True Monte, college is not absolute proof of ones ability to be successful in the Pros.  So just look at his 2/3 season as starter as a Pro.  Starts after team is 1-4, which tells you a lot about the team.  Goes 7-4 for the rest of the season.  Wins the Div.  Wins a playoff game.  Where’s the downside?  What is it about that record that tells anyone, that Tebow doesn’t have the right stuff?  I’ll tell you one thing he has that isn’t on paper, Heart.  And there’s the biggest intangible - he’s a winner!  How many NFL QB’s have played for years with less success?  No guys, his being run out of the NFL is like saying 2 + 2 = 5.  

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

True Monte, college is not absolute proof of ones ability to be successful in the Pros.  So just look at his 2/3 season as starter as a Pro.  Starts after team is 1-4, which tells you a lot about the team.  Goes 7-4 for the rest of the season.  Wins the Div.  Wins a playoff game.  Where’s the downside?  What is it about that record that tells anyone, that Tebow doesn’t have the right stuff?  I’ll tell you one thing he has that isn’t on paper, Heart.  And there’s the biggest intangible - he’s a winner!  How many NFL QB’s have played for years with less success?  No guys, his being run out of the NFL is like saying 2 + 2 = 5.  

Stats can be misleading like the Time of Possession stat.  How did Tebow teams when games ?  Was it through defense, or offense. ?  If you win games like 17-10, it was likely your defense that won it.  

2 hours ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Stats can be misleading like the Time of Possession stat.  How did Tebow teams when games ?  Was it through defense, or offense. ?  If you win games like 17-10, it was likely your defense that won it.  

Really?  So they started 1-4.  Where was the D then?  Did Tebow play defense, or perhaps inspired his teammates with his 110% effort?  It's a losing argument gentlemen.  The kid lead his team to victory.  I watched NFL football for 40 years.  I've seen QB's that couldn't carry Tebow's jock strap on teams for years.  He got a Raw Deal.  There's a number of reasons why a guy would get that type treatment.  Character - his is exemplary.  Not getting along w/teammates - by all reports, they loved him.  When you eliminate the impossible, then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.  His praying got him kicked out of the league.  

13 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

^ Some people live to be angry everyday ^

Tebow wasn't an accurate thrower, that's why he's not in the league. Hell he couldn't make it on the Jets, yes the freaking Jets. Case closed. 

Bigger issue is why garbage QBs like Osweiler etc..are still in the league…. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tebow wasn't an accurate thrower, that's why he's not in the league. Hell he couldn't make it on the Jets, yes the freaking Jets. Case closed. 

I agree with that statement.  If your a back-up , don't start no junk that will affect the locker room.  

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If Tebow really wanted to play in the NFL, he probably could have converted to tight end or even running back.  He might even could have been a linebacker ... he was a very good athlete ...

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

If Tebow really wanted to play in the NFL, he probably could have converted to tight end or even running back.  He might even could have been a linebacker ... he was a very good athlete ...

I agree. I think the guy loved baseball more to try to prove a point to ppl they he could still play that particular sport, he was never going to be a QB in the NFL again after that failed experiment. 

I still have a problem with garbage QBs still in the league though, that's kinda wild to me. 

6 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I agree. I think the guy loved baseball more to try to prove a point to ppl they he could still play that particular sport, he was never going to be a QB in the NFL again after that failed experiment. 

I still have a problem with garbage QBs still in the league though, that's kinda wild to me. 

Tebow was never going to be a Tom Brady or AAron Rodgers in the NFL, but he wasn't that bad.  I would still take him over several that are on NFL rosters ...

56 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Tebow was never going to be a Tom Brady or AAron Rodgers in the NFL, but he wasn't that bad.  I would still take him over several that are on NFL rosters ...

My point exactly.  He was certainly no Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers, but a durn sight better than those “garbage QB’s that are all over the league.  And “failed experiment”?  Went 7-4 and won a playoff game.  You know how many QB’s in the NFL that would kill for a record like that?  Heck, most just sit on the sidelines with a clipboard.  There are 32 teams, each with at least 2 QB’s.  What y’all are saying is all 64 of those guys are better than Tebow.  If you believe that, I’ve got a snow covered ski resort in Evadale to sell you.

18 minutes ago, REBgp said:

My point exactly.  He was certainly no Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers, but a durn sight better than those “garbage QB’s that are all over the league.  And “failed experiment”?  Went 7-4 and won a playoff game.  You know how many QB’s in the NFL that would kill for a record like that?  Heck, most just sit on the sidelines with a clipboard.  There are 32 teams, each with at least 2 QB’s.  What y’all are saying is all 64 of those guys are better than Tebow.  If you believe that, I’ve got a snow covered ski resort in Evadale to sell you.

He's a good QB because his team won a playoff game on a lucky DB mishap? Reb you better than this, I know for a fact you better than this, stop it. If he's such a good QB why he still not on the Jets with the known QB problems they have had? Has only to do with football. He wasn't an accurate thrower and it's well documented. This is comical now. Now if he led his team to a Super Bowl in recent times and was demoted by injury and was a somewhat accurate QB I could see your argument. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

He's a good QB because his team won a playoff game on a lucky DB mishap? Reb you better than this, I know for a fact you better than this, stop it. If he's such a good QB why he still not on the Jets with the known QB problems they have had? Has only to do with football. He wasn't an accurate thrower and it's well documented. This is comical now. 

It is.  I’m sitting here laughing.  I do find it funny that a bunch of people can see the same thing, but come out with different conclusions.  But as the Cajuns say, Cest la vie.  It’s water under the bridge now anyway.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem