Gillette Loses Billions after Shaming Men in Ad Campaign
PJ Media ^ | 1 Aug, 2019 | Jim Treacher 

Posted on 8/1/2019, 3:59:20 PM by MtnClimber

…...Consumers, men in particular, must be made to feel worthless. They have to be reminded that their needs and desires are wrong under any circumstances, that their instincts are loathsome, that their very existence is a malignancy, and that they're responsible for all the world's ills whether they want to admit it or not.

Now give them your money, you piece of garbage.

But hey, maybe I was wrong. Maybe this was a good idea. How is it working out for Gillette? Douglas Ernst, Washington Times:

Gillette’s infamous “toxic masculinity” ad may cost Procter & Gamble more than anyone imagined in January.

The year that Gillette launched its “We Believe” campaign and asked “Is this the best a man can get?” has coincided with P&G’s $8 billion non-cash writedown for the shaving giant.

That's 8 billion. With a b.

(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...

Last year, around October or so, I switched to a Safety Razor. It was an initial purchase of about $30. I can get double-edged razor blades for it for about 10 to 20 cents each. Each blade lasts 5 shaves or so.

Think about that. A package of 100 blades would cost between $10 and $20. If I can get 500 shaves out of that, and I shave every day, I can get 500 shaves (over a year's worth) before I need to buy new blades. FAR cheaper than the "cartridge" style blades. I can also get shave cream that I think is better than anything (although I do like Edge Gel, made by Schick) I have used.

What do I need Gillette for?

Find a good safety razor and switch to it. You won't regret it. And just get one of those "medical waste" canisters to put the blades in. It'll take you a LONG time to fill it up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a big fan of politics and actors, and that’s why I started not to post this.  But we’ve all seen so many opinions from the Left, thought you might enjoy one from the right.   Appears Tom Selleck is a serious Trump fan.

BTW, I got this earlier today, & there were so many on the site, it wouldn’t open.  So if you can’t get in later in the day, try late at night or early in the morn.  

https://www.nycpost.pro/actor-tom-selleck-i-would-say-fck-you-to-anyone-who-wants-donald-trump-to/?fbclid=IwAR1jPtcucrvYE_Sv3l8ACJQDZ37Ctjkk6j60D4pkwsW6ydb0rLG5E6y2rQ8

• Like 1

Food for thought.   With all the Dems wanting to do away with red meat,  Bevo (Longhorns) May find themselves on the chopping block.  And Red Raiders?   Is that racist?   Cornhuskers - that’s almost sexually explicit (if you misspell it).   May have a bunch of colleges changing names.

13 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I don’t about you fellas but I’m always going to support the Oregon State Beavers. 

While you are talking about their mascot being a beaver, which is true, they also share that mascot with Caltech, U of Maine-Farmington, and Polytech of Puerto Rico. Giving you 4 beavers around the world. 

I did find one problem with the Oregon State Beaver mascot--it's name is BENNY--So I have to ask--is this a beaver that identifies as a male or female, because what you an Hagar are talking about--ya'll maybe un-happy if you find out that Benny the Beaver is really a Dude.  :mower:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_mascots_in_the_United_States

Feminist will attacking the mascots of the University of South Carolina and Jackson State University--Both of their mascots are named "Cocky"--I am guessing because their mascots like to play games? 

Read on down the list. 

Delta State--the mascot is named the "fighting okra". SMH

To go along with the veggie list, how about the "fighting Pickle" of The University of North Carolina School of Arts. 

And I just have to ask about this one--am I actually reading this correctly? 

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Was not aware of the name. Thank you for the info. I’m sure ole Hagar will withdraw his jokes as well. It’s amazing how terms in the English language can take 180 degree turns in meaning in a period of a few decades. I’m sure U of SC never imagined their mascot would be slang for a penis. 

True on your last sentence. LOL Of course who would have thought years ago what people would have thought about beavers too. LOL