Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Haha we are fortunate enough to go see movies with our 5 children as well... but you will never see a family movie without a heavy political agenda winning any of these awards anymore.

The struggle is real ;)  but I was actually referencing my potential influence over another generation of ticket buyers. 

I've got five kids who are gonna grow up without Hollywood tent-pole movies and award shows being a big part of their life. That is bad business. 

Kinda like my rants about the NFL last September and December, I'm actually a movie buff. I love indie films and sci-fi spectacles. A couple years back I would bring my brood to see the Toy Story, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Cars, etc. on opening week. I also would watch award shows and even root for movies, actors, directors that I liked.

But all this self-righteous grandstanding and virtue signaling, I'm bored with it. Entertainment is entertainment. 

If they are gonna make it all about ideologies and politics, that's fine.

But they can do it without my dollars. 

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm going to watch Darkest Hour when it comes out on DirecTv.....Dunkirk was a great movie, too.....

Oh yeah, forgot about Dunkirk...  coulda swore that came out year before last. But yeah, that's a good one. 

Even the liberal-leaning Hollywood Reporter admits the writing is on the wall. 

But the writing was largely on the wall for lows, either way. All three marquee events of the U.S. TV calendar thus far — the Golden Globe Awards, the Grammys and the Super Bowl — were off significantly from 2017.

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I'm going to watch Darkest Hour when it comes out on DirecTv.....Dunkirk was a great movie, too.....

Can somebody post on here that WestHardin & Centex agree on something.  I just can't do it.  Its not in my nature.:D

• LOL! 2

16 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

Can somebody post on here that WestHardin & Centex agree on something.  I just can't do it.  Its not in my nature.:D

You need to hang out in the Pop Culture forum more often, talk smack about lousy Hollywood movies and stupid award shows. You and Hardin would be buddies in no time.  :lol: 

• LOL! 2

I only went to see one movie this past year so there was no need for me to watch it.  I read today that they left a lot of great actors of the in- memorium  presentation.  I can't believe a remake of the Creature from the Black Lagoon won best picture.  I heard about it and saw the movie posters, and thought why do I want to see a movie about a woman that falls in love with a sea creature.  I did want to Darkest Hour and Dunkirk, but I'll wait for DVD.   

8 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I never said they didn't have the right to play or sing it ... that still doesn't make it the right thing to do because it could be take as very divisive to a lot of people ... 

It makes sense... If you think about it... As little as 2 years ago were were talking about not knowing the Right from the Left... but the Left has taken it a mile further... I guess to separate themselves?  

Even a relaxed conservative like myself seems like an extreme conservative compared to what some of these loons on the left throw out there these days.

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Even a relaxed conservative like myself seems like an extreme conservative compared to what some of these loons on the left throw out there these days.

Imagine how they must feel about REAL Conservatives such as myself......:rofl:

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem