NFL BANS KNEELING

NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The new policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

Too little too late?

• Like 1

How a Weakened ESPN Became Consumed by Politics

PAkUVZ0.jpg

ESPN staffers grew frustrated by increased political commentary, including from ESPN executives during the presidential election, and worried about #BoycottESPN hashtags cropping up on Twitter. “Our viewers turned to us for sports,” said Jay Crawford, a longtime SportsCenter host who was laid off a year ago. “Realizing there’s never been a time in my lifetime where our country has been more divided, I saw no value in adding to that division.

30 minutes ago, AKA said:

I feel bad for espn.  I only use them for a couple of things now... watching the NCAA baseball and softball tournaments and NCAA football games.

like most people, ESPN used to be my primary source of highlights and sports news until the political invasion.  Now I get most of it from twitter...

22 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I feel bad for espn.  I only use them for a couple of things now... watching the NCAA baseball and softball tournaments and NCAA football games.

like most people, ESPN used to be my primary source of highlights and sports news until the political invasion.  Now I get most of it from twitter...

Same. For most of my youth/young adulthood ESPN was my default station to have playing in the background when I didn't feel like watching tv. 

Now unless they're broadcasting the Sooners, I never watch ESPN.

I don't think I even follow any of their people on social media anymore. They are a non-factor in my life, and the lives of my five children. That's future revenue potential they're missing out on. 

Hope it was worth it. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I have no sympathy for ABC... They knew they were rollling the 🎲 when they gambled on this 🐮...🤣

They saw $$$$$$$ and it backfired on them. #### for all the other cast members and workers behind the scenes. I couldn't careless bout Roseanne, but I hope the rest of them find a new gig. 

I'm just wondering what they'll try to re-boot next……… I bet it wont involve any controversial actors/actresses. 😂

Many on the left are up in arms over the NFL’s new rule on standing.  Against the First Amendment - We want free speech - The right wants us to stand, so dal gorn we wanna kneel.  As I tried to explain to the vacuum heads, the NFL is a business and as a business, they make the rules.  Well here’s validation of what I’ve been saying.  Roseanne was canceled today.  The CBS News video shows what they broadcast about it today.  At the end, he ask their reporter about Free Speech, and essentially the guy said, It’s ABC, they own it and they make the rules.  It’s the NFL, and they make the rules.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roseanne-canceled-today-after-roseanne-barr-tweet-valerie-jarrett/

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Hollyweird was trying to find a excuse to pull the show. Funny how it's ok for Wanda Sykes too call the president a organtan but hypocrisy runs wild especially with the liberals. I forgot it doesn't count when it against the right side.

Funny how that works, huh?🤨🌚

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem