8 hours ago, Doomer said:

I heard she is leaving on a midnight train to get to Georgia. TrueStorie

You do know the original version of that song was written about Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcet.  It was originally titled "A Midnight Plane to Houston"  TruStorie !  https://www.clarionledger.com/story/magnolia/2018/10/14/how-farrah-fawcett-helped-write-hit-song-midnight-train-georgia/1579809002/  .  

Back on topic, I'm glad she got the honor, and will fulfill her acceptance.  Knowing how she is she probably won't be paid for it either.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, DaveTV1 said:

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2019/01/17/gladys-knight-slammed-for-accepting-super-bowl-gig/23645727/ .  

Are you kidding me ?  This has gone too far.  I can't believe that people have sunk this low.  This is truly pathetic.  

I agree ... it's unbelievable ... glad she is not giving in to these idiots .... need more like her to speak out ....

• Like 2

Well, we are talking about the kind of people who are complaining about being oppressed by "rich white boy smirk" after some Christian private school kid refused to be intimidated by a leftist Native American career protester. The kind of people who support an eleven year-old boy's parents pursuading him to crossdress and dance at a gay bar for grown men to throw money at him. The kind of people who will crash a Supreme Court Judge nomination and harass his wife and young children while menstrually bleeding through their "daisy dukes" and steadfastly defend their behavior even though at least two of his accusers have since admitted to lying. The kind of people who would vote for Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Robert O'Rourke. The kind of people who fervently promote a historically racist organization supposedly for women's rights and health but that has killed women with its own abortions and whose employees have been caught aiding pimps to cover up sex trafficking rings and advising young teen girls to engage in g*ngb*ngs and S&M. For starters. I mean, who's really surprised? The best we can do in this particular situation is publicly support Miss Knight en masse on social media.

• Thanks 3

On 1/21/2019 at 8:21 PM, 88YoePride said:

Well, we are talking about the kind of people who are complaining about being oppressed by "rich white boy smirk" after some Christian private school kid refused to be intimidated by a leftist Native American career protester. The kind of people who support an eleven year-old boy's parents pursuading him to crossdress and dance at a gay bar for grown men to throw money at him. The kind of people who will crash a Supreme Court Judge nomination and harass his wife and young children while menstrually bleeding through their "daisy dukes" and steadfastly defend their behavior even though at least two of his accusers have since admitted to lying. The kind of people who would vote for Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and Robert O'Rourke. The kind of people who fervently promote a historically racist organization supposedly for women's rights and health but that has killed women with its own abortions and whose employees have been caught aiding pimps to cover up sex trafficking rings and advising young teen girls to engage in g*ngb*ngs and S&M. For starters. I mean, who's really surprised? The best we can do in this particular situation is publicly support Miss Knight en masse on social media.

BRAVO, 88Yoe!!! 👏👏👏👏👏👌👌👌 Very well said, & could not agree with you more!👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Just leave that day for the Super Bowl.  There they go again trying to make sports political.  I didn't mind this :  http://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/9424/presidential-orders , but even that didn't work out for the Redskins vs. the 49ers.