1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's the greatest, and I can't deny it.  He's going to keep breaking records next year.  Too bad I don't like the Patriots, but I don't hate them.  They've never been my teams rival.  

I’m not a Saints fan either, but after that 💩 the Rams pulled (and got away with), I was thrilled to learn that Brady & Company beat their arses; I will probably never watch another Professional football game again if this is what the game has become.👎

• 3 months later...

The thing is we want to hear about sports from ESPN, and not their hosts take on politics.  I enjoy a sports program that does talk more than sports and includes some entertainment, but a radio program isn't a political program.  Some could say the same about SDC and it's political forum, but in essence SDC is more than a radio station.  Threads to me are like radio channels on SDC, you can either switch the dial or just talk about sports, entertainment, etc... . With ESPN they want to include all of that in a segment, when their main focus should be on sports.  I know we have lulls in between  the Super Bowl and March Madness, and then to baseball season, then we have the lull of baseball season to the NBA Playoffs, and then there are the dog days of baseball, until football season, and the cycle repeats itself every year.  Or at least that's the way I see it, because I don't really care about golf or tennis.  If I want to hear political talk, I'll go to a station that airs it.  

• 5 weeks later...

This is everything: 

In movies, as is the case in all entertainment, content is king, content will always be king, and no one is interested in Seth Rogen’s views on Nazis and female presidents, in Mindy Kaling’s women-of-color lectures, in a feminist deconstruction of our beloved Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, in a remake of What Women Want that advertises as a gender-flip when it still trashes men, or in any of this other sanctimonious har-har-har ####.

People watch movies to escape, and they especially count on comedies to help them to escape through healthy laughter; and if there is a lesson they want to learn through this laughter, it is not a partisan one, but a heartfelt one — a universal one about family, friendship, or true love.

The fall of the comedy, which started a decade ago, began with Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Sacha Baron Cohen, Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, Paul Feig, Adam McKay, Melissa McCarthy… Not that they have not enjoyed success, they have, but the attitude they brought to the genre, a partisan one with an air of self-importance, a politically correct one that could only be shielded with body fluid gags for so long, was the beginning of the end.

And now we are at the end…

Hopefully, those with some actual comedic talent will stop believing the Hollywood Reporter’s delusional propaganda and take us back to the tried and true movie comedy that succeeded for nearly a hundred years — you know, movies that are actually funny, irreverent, sexy, heartfelt, and universally appealing.

To paraphrase a comedy masterpiece: Smug, angry, and partisan is no way to make people laugh, son.

Hollywood needs to stay in its lane. Stop trying to dictate ideology and go back to being the dancing monkeys that they are. 

Or keep reaping the whirlwind. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

They are indeed racing to crazyville,  just as i predicted.  Of course it's all funny as hell so long as none of these nutjobs win.

If they do, the Nation will need Last Rites.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think she was pretty much washed up anyway ... she used this stunt to try and resuscitate her dead career ...

Other than a couple appearances on Seinfeld (which were hilarious, by the way), I'm not terribly familiar with her work... 

But in the fallout form the controversy, I read (in multiple accounts) that she had a reputation (within the industry) as something of a ballbuster and prima donna. Which is fine in Hollywood, provided you don't cause heartburn for the powers-that-be. 

Frankly, I don't think her stunt was anything worse than 99 percent of the Anti-Trump content posted on Twitter on a daily basis. But I suspect it was her already problematic reputation that failed to protect her from being canceled by the industry.