Didn't watch a single game this weekend for the first time in I don't know how long. Don't think I'll start back anytime soon either. Not interested in seeing millionaires disrespect those that have served and those that have fallen that gave them the opportunity to be a millionaire from playing a sport. Can't wear a certain logo or anything without getting a $10,000 fine but disrespecting the flag is A OK according to the NFL. Ravens and Jaguars stood for God save the Queen but took a knee for our anthem? Done with them. Hope like hell some high school kid doesn't pull that poop.

You are too late for that

I'm not burning anything that I haven't already burned. I have a lot of memorabilia from the 90's back, but I don't in the past 25 years since I burned my Romo jersey. My team hasn't offended the flag in my opinion yet, and even Caesar acknowledged that. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/27/donald-trump-tweets-kneeling-cowboys-rise-national-anthem-represents-big-progress-america

I've seen/heard people burning memorabilia from the 60's, and we're not just talking about jerseys but some pretty expensive stuff. This is going to hurt the NFL for a few years if not more to come.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-27/jpmorgan-suggests-bet-against-cbs-amid-nfl-anthem-controversy

JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Shawn Quigg cited NFL jersey sales to see whether fans are souring on the sport.
“NFL-related revenue is not trivial to CBS, and any decline in NFL viewership related to the National Anthem debate may negatively affect future results,” he said in a note to investors Wednesday. “We view this weekend’s viewership results as a cleaner proxy in determining whether the Anthem debate may be a larger issue for the NFL, and CBS, or not.”
Quigg noted that the jersey of Alejandro Villanueva -- the only Pittsburgh Steeler to stand on the field during the national anthem during last weekend’s game -- was the best-selling jersey in the hours following the player boycott.
“If one uses player jersey sales as a proxy, fans appear to favor an on-field standing presence during the Anthem,” he said.

Restaurants banning NFL games because of anthem protests: https://www.si.com/eats/2017/09/28/restaurants-banning-nfl-games-anthem-protests

I know of a few places in Longview that are no longer showing NFL games over the protests.

Good for them! Problem is this move may only hurt their business. I'm sure the NFL will not be affected nor will they care.

• Like 1

I'm Not burning anything, because I only have a Cowboys jacket, & they stood during the National Anthem, as did the Cardinals, so I'll hang onto it unless they do something stupid like The Rest of the NFL....

panthers are the only team to stand as a team during the anthem without kneeling

Restaurants banning NFL games because of anthem protests: https://www.si.com/eats/2017/09/28/restaurants-banning-nfl-games-anthem-protests

I know of a few places in Longview that are no longer showing NFL games over the protests.

I've never understood anyone going to a restaurant to watch an game. I can understand a sports bar like BWW and others, but most restaurants don't even have TV screens in them except the bar area.

• Like 1

Cowboys and Cardinals did ...

Cowboys knelt before the anthem then stood... although I thought that was more respectful to this country than the ones that looked like chumps sitting on the bench. Hell, what Pittsburgh did was classier than the Saints guys who sat on the bench...

Cowboys knelt before the anthem then stood... although I thought that was more respectful to this country than the ones that looked like chumps sitting on the bench. Hell, what Pittsburgh did was classier than the Saints guys who sat on the bench...

Raiders sat on the bench too. It was classless and looked tacky!

What Pittsburgh did was a disgrace ... hiding in the locker room ... worse than taking a knee, in my opinion!

What Pittsburgh did was a disgrace ... hiding in the locker room ... worse than taking a knee, in my opinion!

what Pitt did is no different than what BWW is doing... I would say they were avoiding the divisiveness of this whole political ordeal. You look at teams like the Saints who did not look like a team... half sitting, half standing... That does not look like a unified team.

Then you have the Panthers, whether they put their hand over their heart or not, they stood as a team. I like and respect that. It was a team standing as a unit. That's why i had no problem with what Dallas did or what Pittsburgh did... what they did, they did it as 1... whether they agreed or not.

If you think sitting on the bench is bad, how about LeSean McCoy strecthing during the anthem? It's not a protest, it's a desperate cry for attention to be on the headlines.

what Pitt did is no different than what BWW is doing... I would say they were avoiding the divisiveness of this whole political ordeal. You look at teams like the Saints who did not look like a team... half sitting, half standing... That does not look like a unified team.

Then you have the Panthers, whether they put their hand over their heart or not, they stood as a team. I like and respect that. It was a team standing as a unit. That's why i had no problem with what Dallas did or what Pittsburgh did... what they did, they did it as 1... whether they agreed or not.

Hiding in the locker room is the worst response of all. Scared to come out and show respect for the flag and the national anthem is pathetic ... grow a spine, show some leadership .... worse than taking a knee ....

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem