Let the players kneel and watch nothing happen. Kneeling does nothing. Absolutely nothing. How about these players work with police officers in their community to find some common ground? I know some of them are and kudos to them, because that's actually taking action. But most don't want to do that because it doesn't plaster them all over the news. The kneeling is a cry for attention, not a way to "let their voice be heard". If you truly believe black people are oppressed, take action and get started on it. I'll jump right in and help because I feel like we should all be bettering ourselves not as different races but as Americans. But if you don't want to put in the time and effort to make change happen, I don't want to hear it. Don't kneel for the flag and say "well I've done my part". That's weak.

• Like 2

Let the players kneel and watch nothing happen. Kneeling does nothing. Absolutely nothing. How about these players work with police officers in their community to find some common ground? I know some of them are and kudos to them, because that's actually taking action. But most don't want to do that because it doesn't plaster them all over the news. The kneeling is a cry for attention, not a way to "let their voice be heard". If you truly believe black people are oppressed, take action and get started on it. I'll jump right in and help because I feel like we should all be bettering ourselves not as different races but as Americans. But if you don't want to put in the time and effort to make change happen, I don't want to hear it. Don't kneel for the flag and say "well I've done my part". That's weak.

I couldn't have said it better myself... I see a lot of motions and lip service from these football players but no action. Their action is to *gasp* defy authority on the issue and turn their back on this country. Think about all the good NFL players could do, or better yet, black NFL players could do if they would set up meetings with local authorities to go to some of these crime ridden neighborhoods and just TALK to these at risk children on a normal basis... But, besides Pete Carroll while at USC, who have you heard of in the football world going out and doing this regularly? I will be waiting with the largest bag of popcorn you have ever seen....

Just because you dont hear about it, doesnt mean they arent. Colin has donated millions to charities.

Show me more... I only see the 1 in the spotlight that started the protests... But what about the others? I see them kneeling and talking, but nothing else...

Kaepernick's website is pretty nice by the way. He fully outlines all of the details of everyone he has donated to.

Just because you dont hear about it, doesnt mean they arent. Colin has donated millions to charities.

As I said in my original post, some players are taking action and I applaud that. But a majority of those players aren't. If you want to provide me numbers, I will humbly eat my crow.

I couldn't have said it better myself... I see a lot of motions and lip service from these football players but no action. Their action is to *gasp* defy authority on the issue and turn their back on this country. Think about all the good NFL players could do, or better yet, black NFL players could do if they would set up meetings with local authorities to go to some of these crime ridden neighborhoods and just TALK to these at risk children on a normal basis... But, besides Pete Carroll while at USC, who have you heard of in the football world going out and doing this regularly? I will be waiting with the largest bag of popcorn you have ever seen....

And I think that's what really sets people off about the kneeling, or at least it ticks me off. If you want to kneel because that's "you're right"... whatever. I think it's really stupid but I can't stop you. But if you're not actually making moves for change, we as fans have every right to call you out for being hypocritical and an attention seeker.

NFL players have a huge platform, why not actually put it to use? Go talk to kids not only in crime ridden neighborhoods, but kids playing high school football or younger. I read about a kid who knelt for the anthem when, before the game, the whole team decided to stand together. They kicked him off and he said "I had to do what I had to do". By what? Kneeling? What kind of change does that make? You play high school/community college football. The kneeling means nothing with no action behind it. So dumb.

And I think that's what really sets people off about the kneeling, or at least it ticks me off. If you want to kneel because that's "you're right"... whatever. I think it's really stupid but I can't stop you. But if you're not actually making moves for change, we as fans have every right to call you out for being hypocritical and an attention seeker.

NFL players have a huge platform, why not actually put it to use? Go talk to kids not only in crime ridden neighborhoods, but kids playing high school football or younger. I read about a kid who knelt for the anthem when, before the game, the whole team decided to stand together. They kicked him off and he said "I had to do what I had to do". By what? Kneeling? What kind of change does that make? You play high school/community college football. The kneeling means nothing with no action behind it. So dumb.

That was a D3 college football player in Pennsylvania... let me find the article...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Albright-College-Football-Player-Kicked-Off-Team-National-Anthem-Kneeling-Protest-450347493.html

A piece of fabric has more respect and love than a black man in this country.

If a black man, or a white man for that matter, doesn't respect his flag and what it stands for, the sacrifices made for freedom and his country then maybe he should leave ...

No, I meant exactly what I said. A black mans life is worthless in this country. Unless their in the NBA or NFL and people rocking their jerseys and picking them for their fantasy teams. Outside of that, we are labled criminals, thugs, etc. No matter what a black man do in this country we are judge worse than the next. True hurts, but Ive lived. Ive been pulled over by a cop with his hand on his gun (has happend, more than once) But, most of you are typical Americans, and see things one way. This is why this country is in the funk its in now. Because people like most of you see things one way and absolutely refuse to see it any other way.

No, I meant exactly what I said. A black mans life is worthless in this country. Unless their in the NBA or NFL and people rocking their jerseys and picking them for their fantasy teams. Outside of that, we are labled criminals, thugs, etc. No matter what a black man do in this country we are judge worse than the next. True hurts, but Ive lived. Ive been pulled over by a cop with his hand on his gun (has happend, more than once) But, most of you are typical Americans, and see things one way. This is why this country is in the funk its in now. Because people like most of you see things one way and absolutely refuse to see it any other way.

Yep... hated so much that they can be president...

It seems to me you only see things one way...

• Mr. P changed the title to Gladys Knight slammed for singing the National Anthem