Ricklan Holmes tells Smoaky.com he'll be back at John Tyler in 2018...

Smoaky

17 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

That means he thinking about leaving, but couldn’t find anything or what?

I think there were rumors of his name being in the hat for other jobs.  It could also mean that the school board notified him that they were renewing his contract and he was just passing the news along 

I heard he was given one more year.

The basketball coach has been told he was gone.

Both are great people and coaches. The TISD school board is craze if they let these two coaches get away.

Great role models... Wake up TISD school board and Mr. AD.........................

39 minutes ago, Cougar12345 said:

I heard he was given one more year.

The basketball coach has been told he was gone.

Both are great people and coaches. The TISD school board is craze if they let these two coaches get away.

Great role models... Wake up TISD school board and Mr. AD.........................

The basketball coach is winning at JT, and that is why are letting him go. The AD has already stated in a interview when he came to TISD. If you’re not winning he will find someone that will win and give them  results that he was.

If Lee HC doesn’t start making the playoffs. He will be out, also. That’s just how TISD is.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, cujoforlife said:

The basketball coach is winning at JT, and that is why are letting him go. The AD has already stated in a interview when he came to TISD. If you’re not winning he will find someone that will win and give them  results that he was.

If Lee HC doesn’t start making the playoffs. He will be out, also. That’s just how TISD is.

I wouldn't say the basketball coach is winning at JT. He did have 2 good yrs, which were JT last 2 in 5a.  Other than that, the other yrs, JT has been around .500.  I have heard good things about the Basketball coach, so I'm sure many will be sad if he is gone.   Coach Holmes, whether you like him or not, has won enough games for his job to be safe for several more yrs. 

19 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I wouldn't say the basketball coach is winning at JT. He did have 2 good yrs, which were JT last 2 in 5a.  Other than that, the other yrs, JT has been around .500.  I have heard good things about the Basketball coach, so I'm sure many will be sad if he is gone.   Coach Holmes, whether you like him or not, has won enough games for his job to be safe for several more yrs. 

I have nothing against Coach Holmes. I was stating what AD had said in his interview with bill coats. Talking about the b-ball coach I meant to say. That he wasn’t winning enough games to stay.