2018 2A softball Thread...

bigj

Grapeland 

Neches 10-0 W

Latexo  10-0 W

3A Leon     9-6 W 

Slocum 9-4 W District Champs..

Kennard 10-0 W 

The Leon game was good for us first time to play past 3 to 5 innings..Also very bad umpiring for both teams. So there was all kinds of obstacles to over come in that game. 

Grapeland plays Lovelady and

3A #20 Frankston Saturday at 6. 

Evadale Monday at 5. 

Joaquin clinched their 3rd consecutive district title with a win over Alto Monday. I believe it shakes out like this: 

1. Joaquin (13-1)

2. Douglas (12-2)

3. Alto (11-3)

4. Cushing (9-5)

Dont quote me on this. bigj, do you know who got the 4 seed out of y’all’ District? That’s who Joaquin will play in the first round. 

On 4/19/2018 at 6:45 PM, bigj said:

It' between Latexo and Lovelady. If Latexo pitcher plays then I say Latexo takes it. But some things have been happenig. So she has missed some games. 

Joaquin vs Latexo, best of 3. Game 1 Friday, Games 2 & 3, if needed, Saturday afternoon, all at Jacksonville. 

Grapeland 15-0 over Alto...  Grapeland got the monkey off there back by beating Alto after last year' big time upset. The three Freshman came out swinging and made sure it would not be close.. All four freshman look really good for there first playoff game.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigj said:

Grapeland 15-0 over Alto...  Grapeland got the monkey off there back by beating Alto after last year' big time upset. The three Freshman came out swinging and made sure it would not be close.. All four freshman look really good for there first playoff game.  

Was this a single game or best of three? 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin vs. West Sabine best of three. Game 1 Friday at 5.

Game 2 Saturday at 11:00.

Game 3, if necessary, 30 minutes after game 2. All games at Nacogdoches High School. 

This should be a good series.  Both teams are freshmen and sophmore heavy.  I have not seen Joaquin but can tell you that WS is a very aggressive and scrappy bunch.  They are fun to watch.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 8:27 AM, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin vs. West Sabine best of three. Game 1 Friday at 5.

Game 2 Saturday at 11:00.

Game 3, if necessary, 30 minutes after game 2. All games at Nacogdoches High School. 

Game 1 moved to Jasper High School at 5:00 today. 

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Game 2 will be Saturday at 4:00 at Nacogdoches High School. 

Kinda neat to see two teams that are so young battle it out like that in the playoffs.  I have a feeling that we will be meeting in the playoffs year after year.  Will be fun.

36 minutes ago, ATLFalcons said:

Kinda neat to see two teams that are so young battle it out like that in the playoffs.  I have a feeling that we will be meeting in the playoffs year after year.  Will be fun.

They definitely look to be very evenly matched. 

On 2/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, MUSTANGMANIA said:

On the other end of the softball spectrum...Our new coach has our girls excited and playing very well.  Still have a ways to go, but things look good.

Overton beats Rivercrest 6-3.  Moves to round 3.  Will play Avery.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, bigj said:

Whitehouse Tournament...

Grapeland 8-0 over Huntington. 

Grapeland 2-2 with Jacksonville.. I coach the Jacksonville pitcher This summer and Grapeland will not face a faster pitcher in 2A. 

Grapeland 4-3 over Overton. We have to adjust to the slow pitching.

5 dropped fly balls benefited y'all quit a bit.  Y'all never led until the last hit of the game.  I think we played well against Grapeland.  

Sounds like Grapeland vs West Sabine in the area round?  From the looks of things this could be a very tough series for the very young lady Tigers.  Anybody have any insight on this one?  Are there any common opponents?

Woodville and Center are the only common opponents I saw on MaxPreps.

Grapeland lost to Woodville 1-0 in the season opener, with a few still playing basketball. West Sabine beat Woodville 13-5.

Grapeland beat Center 8-0 in their second game of the year. West Sabine beat Center 12-5.

Both teams are very young, as this could be the start of another playoff rivalry for the next few years. West Sabine has some impressive scores, and taking down Joaquin is no small task. I'll take Grapeland, but this won't be as easy as the last two series...

Head Softball job at LOVELADY(2A) is open. Job is posted on Lovelady website and Region 6. Lovelady has been average at best the last several years but have some talented freshman and Sophomores. This year’s 7th and 8th graders are some studs. Under the right leadership, the future is VERY bright for the Lovelady program. This year’s 7-9 graders have 4-5 girls in the Bombers organization with several others playing year round on other teams. Some Coach is about to walk into an awesome situation and if they are solid, could make this district very interested in a year or two!!!! 

2A Region III Quarterfinals (Best 2 of 3)
Grapeland vs. West Sabine
Game 1: Thursday, May 10, 6:00PM, Nacogdoches HS
Game 2: Friday, May 11, 6:00 PM Nacogdoches HS
Game 3 (If needed): Saturday, May 12, 1:00 PM, Nacogdoches HS
Winner to face Overton/Avery winner

1A Region III Quarterfinals (Best 2 of 3)
Slocum vs. Chester
Game 1: Thursday, May 10, 6:00 PM, Douglass HS
Game 2: Friday, May 11, 7:00 PM, Douglass HS
Game 3 (If needed): Saturday, May 12, 6:00 PM, Douglass HS
Winner to face Union Hill/Sulphur Bluff winner