2018 2A softball Thread...

bigj

Two pretty salty pitchers and a group of very aggressive freshmen and sophomores that have been playing ball together year round since the age of 5 or 6.  1 senior on the team and 2 juniors (I believe).  They will be very good for years to come.   Have a great pitcher coming in to the 9th grade next year.  They have exceeded expectations regardless of the outcome of this series.  We anticipated some deep runs but thought it would be next year before that began, purely for the lack of experience at this level.  I guess all the travel ball experience has paid off.  We are very proud of them.  

Game 3 Final:

Grapeland 7 - West Sabine 5

Grapeland advances to the Region III Semifinals

Grapeland led 4-2 going into the fifth before WS put up three runs to take a 5-4 lead. Grapeland scored three in the top of the seventh to take a 7-5 lead and held on for the win.

Congrats to WS on a great season. Definitely a bought future ahead for the Lady Tigers. 

8 hours ago, topher805 said:

Game 3 Final:

Grapeland 7 - West Sabine 5

Grapeland advances to the Region III Semifinals

Grapeland led 4-2 going into the fifth before WS put up three runs to take a 5-4 lead. Grapeland scored three in the top of the seventh to take a 7-5 lead and held on for the win.

Congrats to WS on a great season. Definitely a bought future ahead for the Lady Tigers. 

Yeah, I think these two teams along with Joaquin will be battling it out for the next few years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

That’s two years in a row for them. I’d love to see a Region 3 team get to the finals. 

Me too. No seniors for Grapeland and 2 juniors. They'll be back in the thick of things next year

Next year will be very interesting! Grapeland brings back eveyone. Woden and West Sbaine bring back everyone.

Woden has the best overall defense and there coach needs a lot of credit for understanding how to play the other team. Picks a 220 field and plays her girls against the fence knowing Grapeland first 5 can put it out at any time. Out field play for Woden very good. Center field very good. Pitching will hurt them. Not over powering low 50s. But hits there spots and has the best change ups in the region and the coach throws it at all times. 

West Sabine 2nd best hitting team behind Grapeland. Pitching 2nd best in the region behind Grapeland. Defense very poor. That hurts them... 

Grapeland will add a few freshmen next that can play. So there will be kids competing for a spot. Grapeland played the most games this year in all levels and the toughest schedule in 2A. This will only prepare them for next year.. Next will be 40 games plus 9 scrimmages  and from what I hear they will try and play all the big 4a 6a tournaments. The ones like College station and San Marcos. 

Can'twait until next year!!!

On 5/26/2018 at 6:05 AM, bigj said:

Next year will be very interesting! Grapeland brings back eveyone. Woden and West Sbaine bring back everyone.

Woden has the best overall defense and there coach needs a lot of credit for understanding how to play the other team. Picks a 220 field and plays her girls against the fence knowing Grapeland first 5 can put it out at any time. Out field play for Woden very good. Center field very good. Pitching will hurt them. Not over powering low 50s. But hits there spots and has the best change ups in the region and the coach throws it at all times. 

West Sabine 2nd best hitting team behind Grapeland. Pitching 2nd best in the region behind Grapeland. Defense very poor. That hurts them... 

Grapeland will add a few freshmen next that can play. So there will be kids competing for a spot. Grapeland played the most games this year in all levels and the toughest schedule in 2A. This will only prepare them for next year.. Next will be 40 games plus 9 scrimmages  and from what I hear they will try and play all the big 4a 6a tournaments. The ones like College station and San Marcos. 

Can'twait until next year!!!

Good things ahead in the next two years and there might even be a dark horse roaming around in a year or two! 😉

• Like 1