Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

ūüí© Complaining about poops and thumbs down


Recommended Posts

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

fix the "anonymous" reaction button too while you are at it ... please! ....

how about this... I will make it were you can see who did the positive reactions but not the negative (if i can do that)... if I can't do that, I am not changing it...  I don't want it to become a negative reputation war vs members because 1 thing they said wasn't liked... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

how about this... I will make it were you can see who did the positive reactions but not the negative (if i can do that)... if I can't do that, I am not changing it...  I don't want it to become a negative reputation war vs members because 1 thing they said wasn't liked... 

can you just do away with the negative reaction option? .... who get's negative reactions anyway? .... :cowboy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KirtFalcon said:

can you just do away with the negative reaction option? .... who get's negative reactions anyway? .... :cowboy:

A LOT of members....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

can you eliminate the negative choices on reactions?

I could, but I don't want to!  But I may have a better option...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Lion70 said:

I get it religiously but kinda expected that just wish knew from whom

The price of fame. Ya just gotta be like Ric Flair. Embrace it. :D 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On December 7, 2017 at 10:52 AM, KirtFalcon said:

can you eliminate the negative choices on reactions?

I did it.  Me.  Why?  Because you keep making insane negative comments, and putting up Colmes pic of him lighting up, when I post serious UFO info.  I can't wait until you're abducted.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REBgp said:

I did it.  Me.  Why?  Because you keep making insane negative comments, and putting up Colmes pic of him lighting up, when I post serious UFO info.  I can't wait until you're abducted.  

 

I've already been abducted ... after about 30 minutes they let me go ... they found out it was a bad move after I tore their place up and slapped a few of them around ....

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering removing the anonymity from the reactions... can you see the outcry and rage and reaction war coming???

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am considering removing the anonymity from the reactions... can you see the outcry and rage and reaction war coming???

giphy.webp

Oh grrrrrreat...    as if we don't have enough reported posts/members as it is. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, Lion70 said:

1. Wonder why there a limit

I wish I had unlimited reactions. 

 

BTW, what "Likenesses" are you referring to? I'm confused...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 8:05 AM, Lion70 said:

Like my posts LoL. Again not a big deal just was wondering 

Ohhhhh...  okay. I gotcha. 

On 1/23/2018 at 8:06 AM, Lion70 said:

Yeah was wondering why they put a quota per day. Some of us post more than others LoL.

Pretty sure that's a site default. There's another message board I help moderate and it's the same thing. Mods can adjust the quota somewhat. I think it's limited in order to discourage spamming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

1. Wonder why there a limit

2. Too much power to someone who just doesn't like you . I had over 800 at one time now I get daily thumbsdown on anything. 

I could post it's a beautiful day and this is the greatest site and Recieve one .That's defeating the purpose of this message board. I really don't care but just sad and if you get banned for negative that's ridiculous. Either stop doing it anonymously or have a mod see it. 

I usually don't complain at all but dang .

You don't complain?  75% of my inbox is complaints about YOU and your TROLLING.  

I ignore most of it, because I have come to realize that you may be too stupid to learn what trolling actually is despite exhausting myself on teaching you on what is appropriate and what is not.  

Reactions allow people to tell you what you are saying is stupid without calling you a moron and starting up that whole #### storm again...

If you go and review your posts from yesterday alone, you had what I would say are 3-4 decent posts... They have no reactions at all and 1 "LOL" reaction.  That is where I don't get you.  I am pretty sure that I know when I am going to say something to piss someone off, and I expect a thumbs down.  But when I do it, its normally to get a laugh or something to that degree, which evens itself out with the other reactions.  

Next, there is a limit for a reason.  You and your wars with our other members, could go around an take off unlimited rep until you ban each other from the site just being d-bags to each other...  So the limit for members is something like 10-20... Mods get 50-75... I can't remember the exact #...  If I find that the thumbs down and negative rep is being abused then I will warn that member and remove unnecessary negative rep.

Finally, I don't think it is up to you to determine the purpose of a message board.  Message boards are used for everything these days (see Reddit).  Reactions are just another way of saying something without words (see emojis).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You forget that I can see your reactions Lion... and I was trying to teach you a lesson here and answer your concerns then you turn around and abuse the thumbs down... 

Keep trolling... its going to do naturally what should have happened years ago.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't worry about stuff such as this.  It's the same with facebook.  I don't care if people like or don't like what I post there.  I don't understand the concern, and it sounds like whining to me about not being liked.  People aren't going to like posts especially when they complain about something.  Just get over it, and don't worry about what other people think.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't worry about stuff such as this.  It's the same with facebook.  I don't care if people like or don't like what I post there.  I don't understand the concern, and it sounds like whining to me about not being liked.  People aren't going to like posts especially when they complain about something.  Just get over it, and don't worry about what other people think.  

Careful, someone might report you for "microaggression." This is a "safe space" Dave. :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Careful, someone might report you for "microaggression." This is a "safe space" Dave. :D 

I was just trying to help Lion out.  If he doesn't comprehend it properly, that's on him.  I've never been a bully, except to someone that was bullying somebody else.  Lion doesn't bother me, but I've shaken my head at some of the things he's posted.  I'm sure many have thought the same about me.  That's what I was trying to let him know.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

This probably happens about as often as we see haley's comet, but for once i agree with Lion70 or Hlion whatever he calls himself.  The problem, as i see it, is the anonymity of it all.  It basically gives someone free license to troll.  This mostly happens in the political forum but when i say something a leftist disagrees with, even if its factually correct, they issue a poop emoji to me.  Ive no idea who did it or why, and they dont have to answer to those questions because they can hide behind the anonymity. I know this is kind of an old thread but this has bugged me for awhile now and ive not said anything.  But now i've said my piece.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

This probably happens about as often as we see haley's comet, but for once i agree with Lion70 or Hlion whatever he calls himself.  The problem, as i see it, is the anonymity of it all.  It basically gives someone free license to troll.  This mostly happens in the political forum but when i say something a leftist disagrees with, even if its factually correct, they issue a poop emoji to me.  Ive no idea who did it or why, and they dont have to answer to those questions because they can hide behind the anonymity. I know this is kind of an old thread but this has bugged me for awhile now and ive not said anything.  But now i've said my piece.

I totally agree ... they should either do away with the negative reactions or make them public ... I know the admins are "listening" ... I think it's time to fix it .... anyone else have an opinion on this???????

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

This probably happens about as often as we see haley's comet, but for once i agree with Lion70 or Hlion whatever he calls himself.  The problem, as i see it, is the anonymity of it all.  It basically gives someone free license to troll.  This mostly happens in the political forum but when i say something a leftist disagrees with, even if its factually correct, they issue a poop emoji to me.  Ive no idea who did it or why, and they dont have to answer to those questions because they can hide behind the anonymity. I know this is kind of an old thread but this has bugged me for awhile now and ive not said anything.  But now i've said my piece.

The use the emoji, because they only read slanted news, and they're praying Trump is impeached.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen the "We've Got Him" GIF, and it turns out to be a big bag of nothing.  If I had a way to make it public I would, but I'm just a novice moderator.  I doubt if I ever get to Jedi Moderator status.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • LOL changed the title to ūüí© Complaining about poops and thumbs down
  • LOL locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...