1stSuperScot

If Obama wins the nomination, I wonder if some Hillary supporters will vote for McCain? She likes McCain and he is more towards the center.

Good question. It would almost have to come on the heels of a suggestion to that effect from Hillary. Don't know if she'd go against the party like that or not. Pretty sure she would not.

I would bet she would consider the veep nod in order to get into the line of succession.

Good question. It would almost have to come on the heels of a suggestion to that effect from Hillary. Don't know if she'd go against the party like that or not. Pretty sure she would not.

I would bet she would consider the veep nod in order to get into the line of succession.

If she is the VP, Obama better watch his back!

If she is the VP, Obama better watch his back!

No doubt.

So what does he do? He knows how she is, but he also knows the political clout she pulls. He has to know to have her on the ticket is a free pass into the White House. But at what price?

Are we really going to elect a man what doesn't honor our pledge of allegiance or our national anthem? Is Christianity really on its way out? Vote Obama and we'll find out. I'll admit I don't know this man, or everything about him, but this is a scary proposition.

MILWAUKEE -- So what did Michelle Obama think of the United States before her husband decided he wanted to run the place?

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” she told a Milwaukee crowd today, “because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi..._in_the_na.html

At least it won't be boring if Obama wins. The cynical among us will have a field day.

Obama is a smoker. How long has it been since we last had a smoker President?

With today's health-conscious crowd, you have to wonder why that has been so hush-hush.

I heard an Obama ad on the radio today. Allow me to paraphrase:

"If you have been successful at the game of life, too bad. We need to give a do over to people who haven't figured it out and you winners are going to have to bear the cost.

"You stupid people who couldn't figure out that you have to pay that mortgage back...every month...you deserve a break from those mean old lenders who took a gamble on you.

"I'm Barack Obama, not only did I approve this ad, but I am a political superman who will fix whatever ails you...for free."

:thumbdown:

I heard one of his ads similar to this and basically took it the same way. It ------me off something royally. I am one of those who busted my butt to get to where I am which is barely middle class. I had a financial aide advisor tell me that I made too much for a grant when I made $9000.00 per year because I was a single white male and could go out and get a better job. I told her that was the problem. I am trying to go to college so I can get a better job. I scraped by borrowing from Peter to pay Paul get get my education. These people that he wants to level the playing field for have tremendously more and better opportunities to get better education than I ever thought about. They can even get thier education for free if many of them would stop misappropriating their grant money. This is a sore subject with me and he needs to back off that one for sure.

Just heard an man-on-street interview in the Fox News on xm. The interviewer asked a guy who he was supporting. Guy said Obama all the way. Interviewer asked him why. He said he liked Obama's charisma. He acknowledged that Hillary had more experience, but still preferred Obama's charisma.

Now, I think both of these candidates are bad for our country. But personalities aside, why would anyone choose charisma over experience?

This goes to what I've said all along; People are sold on Obama's fluff, as he has no substance.

Who's that?

Chauncy Gardner is the main character in the 1979 Peter Sellers movie; Being There. In the beginning of the story he's called Chance the gardner.

From IMDB.com:

Chance, a simple gardener, has never left the estate until his employer dies.
His simple TV-informed utterances are mistaken for profundity.

Pretty good likeness of BHO, don't you think?

Presidential Tobacco Preferences:

George Washington 1789-1797 unknown

John Adams 1797-1801 cigar

Thomas Jefferson 1801-1809 unknown

James Madison 1809-1817 cigar

James Monroe 1817-1825 unknown

John Quincy Adams 1825-1829 cigar

Andrew Jackson 1829-1837 cigar

Martin Van Buren 1837-1841 pipe

William Henry Harrison 1841 pipe

John Tyler 1841-1845 cigar

James Polk 1845-1849 none

Zachary Taylor 1849-1850 cigar

Millard Fillmore 1850-1853 none

Franklin Pierce 1853-1857 unknown

James Buchanan 1857-1861 unknown

Abraham Lincoln 1861-1865 unknown

Andrew Johnson 1865-1869 cigar

Ulysses S. Grant 1869-1877 cigar

Rutherford B. Hayes 1877-1881 unknown

Chester A. Arthur 1881-1885 cigar

Grover Cleveland 1885-1889 chewing tobacco

Benjamin Harrison 1889-1893 cigar

Grover Cleveland 1893-1897 chewing tobacco

William McKinley 1897-1901 cigar

Theodore Roosevelt 1901-1909 none

Woodrow Wilson 1913-1921 none

Warren G. Harding 1921-1923 cigar

Calvin Coolidge 1923-1929 cigar

Herbert Hoover 1929-1933 cigar

Franklin D. Roosevelt 1933-1945 cigarette

Harry S. Truman 1945-1953 none

Dwight Eisenhower 1953-1961 cigarette

John F. Kennedy 1961-1963 cigar

Lyndon Johnson 1963-1969 cigar

Richard Nixon 1969-1974 cigar

Gerald Ford 1974-1977 pipe

Jimmy Carter 1977-1981 none

Ronald Reagan 1981-1989 none

George Bush 1989-1993 none

Bill Clinton 1993-1999 cigar

Link: http://www.winespectator.com/Cigar/CA_Arch...322,817,00.html

So, 24 presidents used tobacco in some fashion. George Washington grew tobacco, but it isn't know whether he smoked it or not. And one of the most celebrated presidents in history, Franklin D. Roosevelt, smoked cigarettes (religiously).

Presidential Tobacco Preferences:

But, how many of these ran for office since the media, and now even local governments, have put so very much effort into demonizing smokers?

Would you let a politician, even one who says nothing so beautifully, exhale his second hand smoke around your children? :sick:

Is it a lie? If not, what is your beef. Where were you when Bush was being hammered last election?

Bush was being hammered for snorting coke, being placed in the TANG when they supposedly weren't allowing anyone in, and getting a DWI.

Not smoking legal cigarettes.

• Mr. P changed the title to 👎 Thanks Obama!