South Lake Coach placed on Admin Leave

Ronster23

Witch hunt. Extremely tough profession to be a part of. Plenty of work to do, little money involved, impacting young people at a crucial time in their life, little to no credit given when it is due, mountain of criticism, multiple hats to wear, weak admin, absent parents, declining community support. We keep fighting though. Profession is being attacked every day. Thank you to the people who do the right thing, #### off to the people who make it worse. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, westcoast54 said:

From what news said last night the HC being put on leave has something to do with money from summer camps.  There are also rumors that the AD and HC don't get along at all.

Some posters on another board echoed the part about the AD and HC...major rift between the two supposedly.

2 hours ago, 4to3 said:

“Paid leave is standard procedure for this kind of review.”

I call BS. 

Unless they caught him with a dead girl or a live boy it is standard procedure.

Mind you, it doesn't mean he's guilty or innocent, but it allows the district to remove him from campus while waiting for their attorneys to tell them what to do next. 

Believe me, this is what I do every day.  ;) 

"Summer Camps"?????.....doesn't he have like 3 or 4 of those a summer and aren't there 2-300 at each one....and aren't they like $200 a camper????$#@@#$%^^&^#@@!!!@#$(my mind doing the math).....That's $40,000 a camp....X3=$120,000.....X4=$160,000....When OLD Coach Leadbetter did his camps....paid the coaches AND used the rest for things the budget DIDN'T pay for......and actually guys SLC's football budget is NOT what it use to be.....and $$ is getting tight up there.......AND they were 3A-4A when Leadbetter was there....NOW they are a 6A school with "OLD" money compared to some of the "other" schools and in these times "OLD MONEY" doesn't want to spend like they use to!!!!......somebody wants Wasson out and bring in "a proven winner"......LOL....what has HE been doing???...IF AD and HC don't get along.....SOMEBODY'S LEAVING!!!!! 

12 minutes ago, INTENSIFICATION said:

He may "look" forward to it, but he won't like what they have for him to defend. This is going to be pretty clear cut. Don't look for the AD to take it ( sorry about previous post... things change daily.). Hearing short list being formed.

Any names or hints as to who southlake is going after?