What are some of your craziest coaching stories?

Mr. P

So my man @JV_COACH kinda went off on an awesome tangent over in another topic, but I thought it was worth starting its own thread. 

Those of y'all in the coaching (or teaching) profession, what is some of the weirdest random craziest stuff you've ever seen? On or off the field, around the schoolhouse?

I don't mean tall tales "you heard" second-hand from a colleague, I mean things that you've actually encountered yourself.

Please hide the names to protect the guilty, Smoaky don't need a lawsuit. :D 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Welllllll, I'm not going to comment on that. ;) 

But I will say this: I don't know what any coach could have done differently in the aforementioned situations. 

At least it was not the Sup's kid who quit. I had that happen to me one time.

BTW,  after I left The Supe ended up leaving her husband and moved in with the school board president.

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

BTW,  after I left The Supe ended up leaving her husband and moved in with the school board president.

"On this week's episode of Friday Night Lights..." 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

"On this week's episode of Friday Night Lights..." 

It's get better. the lady supe who moved in with the school board president. She did not make cheerleader in this town back in her day, her first ex-husband coached there for a while, so now that she is in charge. Axe's have been grinded.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

It's get better. the lady supe who moved in with the school board president. She did not make cheerleader in this town back in her day, her first ex-husband coached there for a while, so now that she is in charge. Axe's have been grinded.

Forget tv show, brother, that's a miniseries. You've got a peckerwood Game of Thrones going there. Change the names and publish it as a novel. Make a million bucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

Just now, Matthias said:

Forget tv show, brother, that's a miniseries. You've got a peckerwood Game of Thrones going there. Change the names and publish it as a novel. Make a million bucks. 

might need to do that, plus one prominent persons son in town was a 20 year old #### hanging out with the kids. And to say anything negative about what he did would bring the wrath of khan.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JV_COACH said:

might need to do that, plus one prominent persons son in town was a 20 year old #### hanging out with the kids. And to say anything negative about what he did would bring the wrath of khan.

Whoa...  dude, you need to just start a new thread: Craziest things you've ever seen as a teacher/coach 

In a football  scrimmage a kid for the other team got hit low on a reception. The hit looked brutal, like no more ligaments attached to the knee, and the kid is screaming. Everybody feels for the kid, but the kid just does not stop, he has medical attention for close to 15 - 30 minutes and is still screaming bloody murder, and then one of the coaches get's down on his hands and knees and decides he is going to coach the kid threw the pain. And in all seriousness of the moment starts hollering at the kid to focus on him, to stay away from the light, to squeeze his hand and how they were going to make it through this together. Picture the war movie scene when the hero of the story is losing his best friend in combat. Finally the ambulance comes and the coach, coaches the player into the ambulance and hops in to ride with the kid. The next day our baseball coach calls the other baseball coach to check on the kid, and come to find out the kid had a contusion. 

23 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

In a football  scrimmage a kid for the other team got hit low on a reception. The hit looked brutal, like no more ligaments attached to the knee, and the kid is screaming. Everybody feels for the kid, but the kid just does not stop, he has medical attention for close to 15 - 30 minutes and is still screaming bloody murder, and then one of the coaches get's down on his hands and knees and decides he is going to coach the kid threw the pain. And in all seriousness of the moment starts hollering at the kid to focus on him, to stay away from the light, to squeeze his hand and how they were going to make it through this together. Picture the war movie scene when the hero of the story is losing his best friend in combat. Finally the ambulance comes and the coach, coaches the player into the ambulance and hops in to ride with the kid. The next day our baseball coach calls the other baseball coach to check on the kid, and come to find out the kid had a contusion. 

“Your my boy, Blue!”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

3 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

2 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Oh, Colmesneil, America.... Can't beat it with a big ol' stick.....

• LOL! 2

I am going to tell on MYSELF....back in 197%$#@@....when I was a senior.....kid brings a M-60(firecracker) to school....shows to all of us and asks"What we going to do with THIS???....wrong question.....I went to my car....got some firecrackers pulled out the fuses....made a LONG fuse....went back into the school....found one of our "buds" that smoked and "borrowed" a cigarette....tied everything together....went into the boys bathroom...had those OLD steam heaters and we lit the cigarette and dropped in the heater.....went to class.....5 min. later BOOM!!!!...WOW it sounded VERY LOUD!!!!....THEN the principal came to OUR English class and said (NAMES HAVR BEEN CHANGED to protect ME)...."I NEED TO SEE MR. SMITH MR. JONES AND MR. WILLIAMS IN MY OFFICE NOW!!!!!!....BUT we didn't go to his office...we went straight to the Supt. office....who was an old Korean War AIR VET ACE!!!!!!!.....we walked in he was NOT HAPPY.....told us to follow him...took us to the Bathroom...was completely destroyed.....glass on the floor...BIG crack down ALL 5 STANDUP urinals.....and the heater....well the heater was sitting between the "sit downs" between #3and #4.........he asked WHO was going to pay...told him..."I guess who ever did this was going to pay".....Supt turns to ME and asks SIR where is the steam heater?....I said between #3 and #4....he grabs me by the shirt....and pulls me to him all 6'4 of him and ASKS  "and do you know WHO was in #4 when that THANG WENT OFF???!!!!!!!....................................I WAS!!!!!!!!!.....$287.17 WAS MY 1/3......TODAY....WE WOULD HAVE BEEN PUT UNDER THE JAIL CELL.....never to be heard from again......but at class reunions.....EVERY TIME!!!!!.....Hey unibomber!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 8

Great story ManCaveDweller!!! Isn't it amazing how times have changed!!!! Mine also is a self testimony...My best bud and I participated (not ran) track for one reason...and that was to meet girls in skimpy outfits...our track team was pretty bad, but we had one guy that was a great miler and in those days the mile was one of the last if not the last event of the night so we knew we were going to be there a longggg time...well myself and my bud met some girls who invited us to go to a party near by. Needless to say when you are 17 and get asked to go to a party with a very nice looking female the answer was obvious...we went, had a blast and got the girls to take us back to the meet when we figured it was about time for the mile to be run...plenty of time, right? Nobody would ever know we were even gone, right? Nope...our stud miler twisted his knee early in the day and wasn't even running the event...we pulled up and everybody was loaded on the bus, bus idling and pulled out ready to roll...had been that way for a long time...except there were two people missing...myself and my bud...needless to say I payed dearly for that one...when we got back home which was about midnight coach just said boys, I hope you had a lot of fun at that party cause I'm fixin to have a lot of fun now...took us right to the track and turned the lights on and we ran...till HE got tired!!!!Not sure how many times I threw up or how long we ran I just remember it wasn't a lot of fun!!!!

• LOL! 6

2 hours ago, ManCaveDweller said:

I am going to tell on MYSELF....back in 197%$#@@....when I was a senior.....kid brings a M-60(firecracker) to school....shows to all of us and asks"What we going to do with THIS???....wrong question.....I went to my car....got some firecrackers pulled out the fuses....made a LONG fuse....went back into the school....found one of our "buds" that smoked and "borrowed" a cigarette....tied everything together....went into the boys bathroom...had those OLD steam heaters and we lit the cigarette and dropped in the heater.....went to class.....5 min. later BOOM!!!!...WOW it sounded VERY LOUD!!!!....THEN the principal came to OUR English class and said (NAMES HAVR BEEN CHANGED to protect ME)...."I NEED TO SEE MR. SMITH MR. JONES AND MR. WILLIAMS IN MY OFFICE NOW!!!!!!....BUT we didn't go to his office...we went straight to the Supt. office....who was an old Korean War AIR VET ACE!!!!!!!.....we walked in he was NOT HAPPY.....told us to follow him...took us to the Bathroom...was completely destroyed.....glass on the floor...BIG crack down ALL 5 STANDUP urinals.....and the heater....well the heater was sitting between the "sit downs" between #3and #4.........he asked WHO was going to pay...told him..."I guess who ever did this was going to pay".....Supt turns to ME and asks SIR where is the steam heater?....I said between #3 and #4....he grabs me by the shirt....and pulls me to him all 6'4 of him and ASKS  "and do you know WHO was in #4 when that THANG WENT OFF???!!!!!!!....................................I WAS!!!!!!!!!.....$287.17 WAS MY 1/3......TODAY....WE WOULD HAVE BEEN PUT UNDER THE JAIL CELL.....never to be heard from again......but at class reunions.....EVERY TIME!!!!!.....Hey unibomber!!!!

Good stuff man, good stuff lol.