The Coolest thing on 3 channels was _______ !

MUSTANGMANIA

I wish I could find this, because I never saw it in stores.  I would bet that it leaves out when I was a huge fan with Cowboy Bill Watts, Dusty Rhodes,  "Dirty" Dick Murdoch, "Killer" Karl Kox, "Porkchop" Cash, "Colonel" Buck "Yellow Belly" Robley, Dr. X, Harley Race, Ernie "Big Cat" Ladd, The Spoiler, Paul Orndorff, and Mr. Wrestling II.  This just looks like highlights from the 80's.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I wish I could find this, because I never saw it in stores.  I would bet that it leaves out when I was a huge fan with Cowboy Bill Watts, Dusty Rhodes,  "Dirty" Dick Murdoch, "Killer" Karl Kox, "Porkchop" Cash, "Colonel" Buck "Yellow Belly" Robley, Dr. X, Harley Race, Ernie "Big Cat" Ladd, The Spoiler, Paul Orndorff, and Mr. Wrestling II.  This just looks like highlights from the 80's.  

I liked Danny Hodge ... I also saw Sputnik Monroe when I was in high school, I was getting a cheeseburger over in Timpson and a big Cadillac pulled up ... several "babes" and a couple of rough looking dudes got out and came in ... it was none other than:

danny-hodge.jpgmonroe-sputnik-31-216x300.jpgtumblr_lqv50cAfeU1qhhrhgo1_500.jpg

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I liked Danny Hodge ... I also saw Sputnik Monroe when I was in high school, I was getting a cheeseburger over in Timpson and a big Cadillac pulled up ... several "babes" and a couple of rough looking dudes got out and came in ... it was none other than:

danny-hodge.jpgmonroe-sputnik-31-216x300.jpgtumblr_lqv50cAfeU1qhhrhgo1_500.jpg

I was a little bit younger, but I remember hearing about Danny Hodge when it was Tri-State Wrestling.  I think he went blind in a car accident.  

LATE 70's and 80's....6:00 a.m....EVERY M-F....Channel 7/9..depending on which way you directed the TV antenna...north for 7....south for 9....HORACE MCQUEEN!!!!!!!!!.....and when you are 'visiting" the In-laws and THAT was the ONLY CHANNEL you got in DEEP WOODS East Texas on Liberty Hill...(outside of Weches)....you just had to "grin and bear it"!!!!

26 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Yeah...we used to watch Horace McQueen on channel 9 every stinking morning......lol......

I didn't particularly care about anything he was saying, but I grew to associate Horace McQueen's nasal monotone with getting up in the morning and starting the day. 

3 hours ago, Matthias said:

I didn't particularly care about anything he was saying, but I grew to associate Horace McQueen's nasal monotone with getting up in the morning and starting the day. 

Can HEAR HIM STILL NOW....Matthias.......PLEASANT GOOD MORNING TO YOU, HOPE EVERYTHING IS OFF TO A .......FINE START AT YOUR HOUSE THIS MORNING!!!!

Even earlier than THAT....KGNC in Amarillo Texas...Cotton John Report.......WHAT?????....where was the cotton.....there was NO cotton in Amarillo........BEEF and WHEAT in Amarillo!!!!!......NOW Memphis and Childress down off the Caprock.....TONS of cotton.....guess it was just a "catchy" phrase name!!!!

• LOL! 1

20 minutes ago, ManCaveDweller said:

Can HEAR HIM STILL NOW....Matthias.......PLEASANT GOOD MORNING TO YOU, HOPE EVERYTHING IS OFF TO A .......FINE START AT YOUR HOUSE THIS MORNING!!!!

Lol, I totally read that in his voice.   :D   No one said "EAST TEXAS" like he did. 

1 minute ago, Matthias said:

Lol, I totally read that in his voice.   :D   No one said "EAST TEXAS" like he did. 

looked him up on Youtube...hoping to find a recording of his "famous" entry......all I could find was a Texas A&M tribute to him......so I watched that....di NOT know he went to Cushing High School!!!!!.....seems he...according to his son...use to P.O. the football team by riding his horse to school and tying it up on the football field fence......LOL.....

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

Lynda Carter in a swimsuit, two of the greatest moments in TV history.

Nope that would be Jacklyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett in swimming suits (I didn't think Kate Jackson should have even been an Angel) or Dawn Wells in her leopard skin skirt with bikini top.  

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Nope that would be Jacklyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett in swimming suits (I didn't think Kate Jackson should have even been an Angel) or Dawn Wells in her leopard skin skirt with bikini top.  

I don't think any of them hold a candle to this one ...

th?id=OIP.ceGwjHPUF8Iq3iePZFvWggHaJb&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Whatever she looks almost like Jacklyn Smith.  Every time I watched those two women on Charlie's Angels my legs would get weak.  Both Jacklyn and Dawn still have their beauty and look like they're in their late 30's early 40's.  Who knows if that chick will stand the test of time.