NFL Offseason

Adam Schefter- Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

Chris Ballard needed picks more than he needed the 3 pick. Still in position to get a impact player in the top 10. Pick up two more top 50 guys.

So that’s the haul the Giants can expect to get if they move #2. Gettleman should be moving down in this draft unless he wants Eli’s replacement this year.

11 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Gotta grab me a jersey now. 

I saw somewhere that A.D. Peterson wants to retire in Houston. If the Texans actually sign him, consider me a bandwagon fan.  :D 

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...

This talk of a Dez for OBJ is crazy.  I wonder if he'll even play next year.  I think he has a drug problem and that wasn't B.C. powder in the last video that came out.  I realize he's a talented receiver, but he's not worth the baggage on the sidelines, and with potential suspensions coming I wouldn't take that risk.  I'd rather draft either Courtland Sutton or Calvin Ridley  if possible.  There are several others that the Cowboys could draft in later rounds.   

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Trade Dez and a 4th round pick to New York for Odell.................Gets us out of Dez's  big contract

I don't know that Odell would be much of an upgrade, he's a head case all of his own ... If the Cowboys think they need a WR more than a LB, I would trade up and go after Ridley ... I still think their biggest need is a dominant LB ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

Heard Broaddus talking about this today. Would you be okay giving up 19 & 50 to move up to 9 to draft Derwin James or Roquan Smith? I’m making that move over trading down to get more picks. We get a difference maker on defense. We could get the 49ers to kick in a 4th or 5th back to us. Which lets you move back up in the 3rd or 4th. 

11 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

Heard Broaddus talking about this today. Would you be okay giving up 19 & 50 to move up to 9 to draft Derwin James or Roquan Smith? I’m making that move over trading down to get more picks. We get a difference maker on defense. We could get the 49ers to kick in a 4th or 5th back to us. Which lets you move back up in the 3rd or 4th. 

I would give up a 19 & 50 to move up for Roquan Smith ... I am NEVER a fan of trading down for more picks ... either trade up or take the best player available to fill a need ... get the best players when you have a chance or you will be playing against them on Sunday!!!!

On 3/26/2018 at 7:45 PM, stoneykelly said:

Moving up this year is going to be prohibitively expensive; there will be quarterbacks all over the first round. That may help their situation to move down if a guy like Lamar Jackson is still hanging around. 

If the good names are all gone, and the choices are someone like Davenport or Wynn at 19, I would see if I could trade down, get another 2nd day pick. Later in the draft I would try and sell 3rd day picks for targeted 2nd day guys. 

• Like 1

I would be looking for difference makers in the first and second rounds ... I would rather get a couple of those than a 4 or 5 more late round picks .... take the best players our there or play against them with your mediocre late round reaches .....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Saints RB Mark Ingram suspended 4 games for PEDs.

These people have to be really stupid thinking they would not get caught.  I would like to see the NBA get serious about drug use.  If they did, they would probably have to suspend 2/3 of the league ...

• 2 weeks later...