District 8-3A (D-I) 2018-2019

Eagleborn

6 hours ago, Vernon said:

Gladewater definitely has the toughest pre-district schedule in the district, but its a weaker schedule than what they've played the last several years

They’ve needed a weaker schedule. 

16 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Poor scheduling choices by the coaches. Shoulda had y’all instead of ND or T.K. Gorman the last couple of years. It’s our bad luck when we have a good squad y’all aren’t on the schedule. We’ll eventually put the whooping on ya and when we do I’ll be on here to rub rub a dub it in. 

Huh?

7 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Pretty good. We've got

Spring Hill

Atlanta

Center

Pleasant Grove

We had Atlanta on the schedule but had to drop them to make room to play White Oak for our District opener...lol  I believe we also had Spring Hill on the schedule but they wanted to change their schedule up and decided to scrimmage us. I think I have all that correct. 

3 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Hope so I always have a rooting desire for our fellow Rusk County teams. It would be kinda cool if that turned into a Rivalry. Is there much history between yall? I remember that one game that Wr was destroyed in a few years back.

WR used to be in our District back in the day. The old 16-3A. 

5 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

We had Atlanta on the schedule but had to drop them to make room to play White Oak for our District opener...lol  I believe we also had Spring Hill on the schedule but they wanted to change their schedule up and decided to scrimmage us. I think I have all that correct. 

The new alignments got a lot of teams as far as scheduling. I know we had at least one school that we couldn't play because of scheduling. Couldn't be worked out. 

17 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Yeah back in 06 when Tatum was absolutely loaded with talent and made a run at it like 3 years in a row. Times are a little different 12 years later! 

We'll see. WR will be a scrappy little team but I can assure you......we're gonna be pretty rowdy with a lot more depth than yall. And well, graduating y'alls big boy is gonna hurt more than you think. Y'all still got one guy on the defense that has a D1 offer but the kid that went to A&M was a game changer. Defense won't be near as good without him IMO. Y'alls offense ought to be pretty solid with Harper and Garland returning. Harper/Garland vs Jones/Jenkins our 3 year starters at QB/RB should be fun to watch.

11 hours ago, Hlion said:

Y'all potentially could go winless and still make a run . Atlanta and PG will be considered strong contenders in their own right, Center should be much improved and Spring Hill ain't the same and couple of plays from being a dominant team last year. 

It definitely won't be easy. No pushovers on our pre-district schedule. 

10 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

SH wanted to play GW instead. 

5 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Yeah back in 06 when Tatum was absolutely loaded with talent and made a run at it like 3 years in a row. Times are a little different 12 years later! 

Lol. WR has a good season and they start talking. 

11 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Naw we’d still make it! But they would probably keep y’all from getting 1st place in district like you think y’all are going to! 

Lol. Did you see me say we would beat them? I have t even said we would get first without Newton in our District. We got a whole new coaching staff except for 2 that stayed so we could struggle a little especially early in the season. Or, things may come together quickly and we could be a team to be reckoned with. Time will tell. 

18 hours ago, Hlion said:

Too be fair they are still bragging about it LoL.

State titles are recorded for a reason, bragging rights. We had a great run of back to back titles and losing the 3rd in OT by 3. Most programs have never played in a title game much less won a title. So yeah, of course we still brag about it...they keep score for a reason lol.

#2>1

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

State titles are recorded for a reason, bragging rights. We had a great run of back to back titles and losing the 3rd in OT by 3. Most programs have never played in a title game much less won a title. So yeah, of course we still brag about it...they keep score for a reason lol.

#2>1

Don’t bother trying to explain. If Hennason had more titles, Lion70 would have it in his signature. 

6 minutes ago, Hlion said:

I knew that comment would strike a nerve. I agree . I was mainly joking and having fun @ eagleborn expense.

Didn't strike a nerve lol, I just enjoy arguing with you any chance I get. 

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

You’re correct, Tatum earned their bragging rights, and 2 is greater than 1.  

Lol you know i gotta give lion70 hell. He can change his name all he wants...he's still gonna be dumb ole lion70 to me lol

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hlion said:

And your team can't beat Daddy Rusk County so good luck in the little leagues. 

Over double our enrollment, we ain't supposed to be able to beat yall. The mere fact that y'all only beat us 21-20 is embarrassing for yall.

Likewise, the muffed punt that handed y'all 7 points when y'all recovered it in the end zone. Then the pick 6 we threw inside our own 10 on a bubble screen. And the missed extra point that ended up being the difference. Now that I think about it, yall only scored 1 offensive TD on us. The first drive. Had we not committed those 2 careless mistakes it's 20-7.....dang, that stinks when I think about it that way.