District 11-2A (D-I)

KirtFalcon

• Mr. P changed the title to District 11-2A (D-I)
47 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I'm more interested in seeing how they replace 16 seniors. How's the free agency market looking @Greezychef:D 

At least half of those guys would be missed if they graduated from Carthage. Trai Gardner was one of the top three athletes I saw last year, and that includes a TCU and a SFA commit. 

22 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

At least half of those guys would be missed if they graduated from Carthage. Trai Gardner was one of the top three athletes I saw last year, and that includes a TCU and a SFA commit. 

No doubt...  who'd he end up signing with? 

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

Bout like a game of D&D in Overton.  Its on an poppin.. 

Weak reference dude. You couldn't find enough people in Overton who'd even heard of D&D, let alone form a raiding party. 

The hipsters have left for the suburbs brah. 

6 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yep.....still trying to figure out how they stuck Wills Point and Rusk together in 4A D2.

It appears to me, at least in AA D1, that they were trying to shake the districts up somewhat. For the last two years, all of the best teams were in District 11 and 12. In the area playoffs, where 9 & 10 match up with 11 & 12, 9/ 10 teams went 1-7. With Region 2 now expanding all the way to the Red River and picking up Rivercrest, the team that got that win is gone. They built the districts more north/ south than east/ west. Where you had the better teams all crammed into two districts, now they’re spread out across four. Centerville moved from District 12 to District 9. Joaquin is the only team that stayed in District 11 that was in it last year, and now has six new opponents. It’s kind of interesting that all three 3A drop downs and both D2 pull-ups ended up in the same district. We’ve shared a district with everyone here in the past, except for LK, who I don’t ever remember us playing. I think this is gonna be fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

It really just comes down to one thing,  will our lineman get in the weight room.  If we can get some strength out of those freshman and sophomore lineman we will be good.  Only 2 starters on offensive line return, with 2 on defensive line returning as well.  1 of those is the same guy so basically 3 lineman with experience return leaving 5 spots to fill.  Gonna be some growing pains early.  

This, and a continued emphasis on the run game. Tenaha always has speed. That won't be an issue. But if y'all put together some young big uglies early on, you should have some momentum come district. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Kirt, give us the rundown on your Bulldogs. Returning starters, etc. What can we expect? 

I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think we are losing very many seniors to graduation.  I think Tutt is graduating and maybe a couple more.  Garrison was pretty young across the board last year.   I'm sure someone who knows more than me will chime in soon, I hope ....