District 10-3A (D-II)

headhunter02

3 hours ago, allday said:

Troup is beatable. GS hurt there selves 3 interceptions.  Getting stopped on 4th and 1 twice. All in Troup territory

Sounds like after what I heard throughout preseason and judging by your comments GS is a little better than folks thought they would be this year.

1 hour ago, Tiger1995 said:

Fun pick em week in district. Who yall got? Game of the Week Harmony @ Troup. Can Troup show it's ready to be that Power Program it once was in the early 2000's

Grand saline @ Quitman -

Harmony @ Troup

Winona @ Alba Golden

Arp @ Frankston

I'd say all road teams win this week

5 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Sounds like after what I heard throughout preseason and judging by your comments GS is a little better than folks thought they would be this year.

I'm not sure GS is better than anyone expected.  They have major offensive issues.  No true QB, so they essentially run a wildcat read option offense.  The QB is a running back by trade and doesn't understand the reads.   Basically every play is a QB run.  

The interceptions in last night's game were a direct reflection of it. There is zero deep threat in the passing game because the QB just simply can't do it.  

Last night's game wasn't as close as the score made it look (even though that didn't make it look real close).  Two of the GS touchdowns came in the 4th quarter after Troup had retired it's offensive and defensive starters, and GS finally made the decision to replace their entire backfield.  (The second string backfield should clearly be starters)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

One of troups touchdowns also came off of a deflection to a guy that was just standing around for about a 40yd td. Everything seemed to be going troups way in this game. I expected troup to be better.

8 hours ago, TheLionWire said:

Grand Saline racks up 46 on our rivals. 46-16 final over Quitman. GS is now 3-1

That they are.  I’m not ready to jump all in though.  So far they’ve only beaten who they were supposed too, and they aren’t good teams.  There is some momentum building though, and for the sake of the boys on the team I hope it continues.  They certainly need it.  

8 hours ago, allday said:

GS played a good game tonight. Running clock 2nd half. And emptied the bench in the 3rd. 

But I'm really shocked by alba vs winona score. Maybe winona isn't as good as people may think?

I'm a huge fan and have been, I've stated all year winona has speed to burn but play down to their opponents level... were nothing special this year but will try to hang around long enough to win... we had 3  TD'S called back last night to many penalties and bad play calling.... we have alot of work to do if we want to be in the playoffs 

AG had a chance to win it with 3 seconds left with a field goal but it was way short.... we let them hang around to long sorta like the EF game couldn't put it away and it almost cost us again.... if we can get our O line and D line together we can be a good team but til then I'm iffy

6 minutes ago, JETT said:

AG had a chance to win it with 3 seconds left with a field goal but it was way short.... we let them hang around to long sorta like the EF game couldn't put it away and it almost cost us again.... if we can get our O line and D line together we can be a good team but til then I'm iffy

Very surprised to be dead honest. 

32 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Arp 49 Frankston 6

Winona 25 AlbaGolden 23 👀

Harmony 34 Troup 14

Grand Saline 46 Quitman 16

heas scratcher is Winona vs Alba. 

Maybe Alba Golden is the real deal this year?