District 10-3A (D-II)

headhunter02

1 hour ago, allday said:

Makes for a very fun few weeks in this district. 

yeah....Next year this District will be one of the toughest District in D2. Arp, Troup, Winona, Alba and GS all return a lot from the looks of it. Harmony seems to be at that point of a good run where they will be good for a few more years. Arp will lose 2 offensive and 1 defensive player

43 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

yeah....Next year this District will be one of the toughest District in D2. Arp, Troup, Winona, Alba and GS all return a lot from the looks of it. Harmony seems to be at that point of a good run where they will be good for a few more years. Arp will lose 2 offensive and 1 defensive player

Dont know about Winona, we will probably be a whole different team next year from what I'm hearing alot of changes coming, may be a rebuilding year for us try something new

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Dont know about Winona, we will probably be a whole different team next year from what I'm hearing alot of changes coming, may be a rebuilding year for us try something new

well that happens. Coach Kincade is a hella great coach and I'm sure he's got a plan. His brother and I are pretty good friends. Coached together for a bit and knew each other through school from playing each other. My ankles still hurt from trying to tackle his lolol..

27 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

well that happens. Coach Kincade is a hella great coach and I'm sure he's got a plan. His brother and I are pretty good friends. Coached together for a bit and knew each other through school from playing each other. My ankles still hurt from trying to tackle his lolol..

Yeah, to much talent on our team to be a 4th place team year in/out

19 minutes ago, JETT said:

Yeah, to much talent on our team to be a 4th place team year in/out

True but the overall big picture of what Kincade has done there has been great. Winona has never really been that scary program that folks hated to play and now you know you got to bring it or they will beat you. A lot of it has been yall have been in tough regions too with some very good districts over the last 6 years. To really build a strong program it takes 6 years to start seeing the true nature of what your AD is bringing to the table. It's those 6th graders that are there when he first arrives that usually will be that real leading sr class that takes you to the next level and after that other than the occasional small classes that come through those yearly sr's that have lived the program will take you as far as they can take you. As far as talent there's so much in East Texas these days that it's simply no longer enough. Look at Arp last year. Had one the top talented kids in America and due to having only 4-5 jr's below him to help push through it just wasn't enough. And look at this year. Arp now only has 3 sr's. several jr's and a ton of Sophomores. This year we are struggling much like we did back in 2006. It was a very similar situation. But, over the next 4 years Arp will have 4 deep sr classes coming up that will lead Arp back to it's winning ways.

4 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

True but the overall big picture of what Kincade has done there has been great. Winona has never really been that scary program that folks hated to play and now you know you got to bring it or they will beat you. A lot of it has been yall have been in tough regions too with some very good districts over the last 6 years. To really build a strong program it takes 6 years to start seeing the true nature of what your AD is bringing to the table. It's those 6th graders that are there when he first arrives that usually will be that real leading sr class that takes you to the next level and after that other than the occasional small classes that come through those yearly sr's that have lived the program will take you as far as they can take you. As far as talent there's so much in East Texas these days that it's simply no longer enough. Look at Arp last year. Had one the top talented kids in America and due to having only 4-5 jr's below him to help push through it just wasn't enough. And look at this year. Arp now only has 3 sr's. several jr's and a ton of Sophomores. This year we are struggling much like we did back in 2006. It was a very similar situation. But, over the next 4 years Arp will have 4 deep sr classes coming up that will lead Arp back to it's winning ways.

Hope so JJ.. 

The Grand Saline team you are seeing is much more similar to the glory days. True, they run out of the spread but GS is a running team and very similar to how they used to run the ball down people's throats in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. They have 2-3 explosive playmakers, a big offensive line that is big, and a hard hitting defense. Nothing flashy, just blue collar football. 

That being said, Alba and GS will be a battle of who controls clock and runs the ball better and who plays smash mouth, but with GS having Taylor and Martin who are both explosive playmakers, I go with GS, they seem to be a little bit more athletic. 

1 hour ago, TheLionWire said:

The Grand Saline team you are seeing is much more similar to the glory days. True, they run out of the spread but GS is a running team and very similar to how they used to run the ball down people's throats in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. They have 2-3 explosive playmakers, a big offensive line that is big, and a hard hitting defense. Nothing flashy, just blue collar football. 

That being said, Alba and GS will be a battle of who controls clock and runs the ball better and who plays smash mouth, but with GS having Taylor and Martin who are both explosive playmakers, I go with GS, they seem to be a little bit more athletic. 

nice I played them when pope was there

Just now, Tiger1995 said:

Weather is killing a lot of teams tonight. Sabine winning over WR. WR keeps fumbling. Sabine better enjoy it while they can though. WR will get right at half and erupt!!

Sabine is scrappy, they playing tough teams well.... I hope they pull it off