District 10-3A (D-II)

headhunter02

25 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Watch out for Waskom though.....They got something brewing over their again. That offense is exactly what you need to beat Newton. That's how arp beat Newton was simply don't let them have the dang ball....set em up ....set em up...set em up.....booooom bounced outside for the score....

That's what makes Gunter so good. They try to make you play they're game.

Talked with a friend today that has seen winona play this year.  Said their the most undisciplined team he's seen in years. Said they seem like they'd rather fight than play football.  Hopefully GS learns from there mistakes earlier in the year and doesn't give into that kind of mess. Hoping for a good clean football game

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, allday said:

GS-33

Winona-6

Final.

I tried to tell yall.

Congrats,  weve told yall also the past years that weve won.... good luck the rest of the way.... time for changes in Winona, I'm like a broken record I keep saying the same stuff what we have isn't working another wasted season 

• LOL! 1

13 minutes ago, TheLionWire said:

Wow, you have to wonder if GS has turned the corner. They are going to the playoffs in a pretty competitive district, and have secured their first season above .500 since 2003. 

Congrats to Coach Ridge and his staff. 

Freshman running back ran all over winona. GS defense flies around and makes plays. Fun to watch

13 minutes ago, allday said:

Freshman running back ran all over winona. GS defense flies around and makes plays. Fun to watch

Not just him the the QB did as well and we did absolutely nothing on O.... we have to much talent to play the way we do, I sat in the bleachers with a few fans that I always sit with and i told em i don't mind loosing if your putting in effort and competing but to come out flat and never adjust is unacceptable... congrats GS go give em hell

8 hours ago, JETT said:

Not just him the the QB did as well and we did absolutely nothing on O.... we have to much talent to play the way we do, I sat in the bleachers with a few fans that I always sit with and i told em i don't mind loosing if your putting in effort and competing but to come out flat and never adjust is unacceptable... congrats GS go give em hell

Thanks.  #1 for yall made way to many mistakes with the ball. He should of just thrown it away. Instead of throw it up for grabs. What'd he have 4 or 5 interceptions?  #27 should have gotten the ball alot more than he did. Once he did get it it was too late and all they did was wild cat formation.

11 hours ago, JETT said:

You know you might ask how those kids being raised vs blaming no heart on a coach....or call up Kincade and tell him you want to visit with him to find out what's really going on vs coming to smoaky saying he needs to be replaced. From what I'm told it's not a heart thing or a discipline thing other than one knuckle head yall got that yall gotta have....it's a lack of line thing. Y'all got the same problem Arp does right now, Kids up front just are not as good as the other teams kids in the district. But hey....your a bleacher coach that probably doesn't know a 5 from a 7 yech. smh......

21 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Arp wins out and Winona is out and Arp is in if I'm not mistaken.

If GS plays the way they did last night. Arp will get rolled. I would love to see what we could do with our starting RB-LB back. He's been out last 2 weeks. He's the work horse for this team. But the freshamn RB showed up last night. 

1 minute ago, allday said:

If GS plays the way they did last night. Arp will get rolled. I would love to see what we could do with our starting RB-LB back. He's been out last 2 weeks. He's the work horse for this team. But the freshamn RB showed up last night. 

Arp is in do or die mode so your going to get the very best we got. It's win or go home. We are gonna be a lot harder to beat this week than you think.  

2 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I hope your right but Coopers district is very weak so its gonna hurt them come playoff time. Still hard to tell just how goid cooper is or isn't.

this district is the weakest combined overall I've seen in a long time. harmony is legit. but that's it. Troup is ok but probably a 2 round team. harmony is the only team other than Waskom and Gunter that can challenge Newton this year in D2 imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

this district is the weakest combined overall I've seen in a long time. harmony is legit. but that's it. Troup is ok but probably a 2 round team. harmony is the only team other than Waskom and Gunter that can challenge Newton this year in D2 imo.

The only teams that might make us use our punter once or twice 

1 minute ago, Newton2003 said:

The only teams that might make us use our punter once or twice 

probably true. But they are the only real worthy games were you guys will actually see a drive or so in the beginning that makes you say....ok....maybe it'll be close...like 56-14ish...

51 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

You know you might ask how those kids being raised vs blaming no heart on a coach....or call up Kincade and tell him you want to visit with him to find out what's really going on vs coming to smoaky saying he needs to be replaced. From what I'm told it's not a heart thing or a discipline thing other than one knuckle head yall got that yall gotta have....it's a lack of line thing. Y'all got the same problem Arp does right now, Kids up front just are not as good as the other teams kids in the district. But hey....your a bleacher coach that probably doesn't know a 5 from a 7 yech. smh......

Talk to a guy from Winona this week. He told me they were having problems with a lot of kids. Had their lowest turnout for football this year. Coach and school having problem with discipline. That will kill talent every time. To bad they do have the talent to be a very good team.

1 minute ago, Tiger1995 said:

probably true. But they are the only real worthy games were you guys will actually see a drive or so in the beginning that makes you say....ok....maybe it'll be close...like 56-14ish...

I know what you was saying lol just had to throw that in there we need that by someone one in our class of play to keep us real