District 11-3A (D-I)

lionpride08

• Mr. P changed the title to District 11-3A (D-I)
2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Imo Franklin and Diboll are the top 2 teams in district both bring back alot

Don't count out Crockett we had a down season recently. At the beginning of the season we had 40 players and whooped up on Woodville pretty bad in the scrimmage. But due to injury and many other reasons including the tragic death of one of our best players that number came down to 20. We're returning pretty much everybody though and if healthy might have a chance at the district title.

41 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

Don't count out Crockett we had a down season recently. At the beginning of the season we had 40 players and whooped up on Woodville pretty bad in the scrimmage. But due to injury and many other reasons including the tragic death of one of our best players that number came down to 20. We're returning pretty much everybody though and if healthy might have a chance at the district title.

I hope yall get back to playin great ball but many players from past franklin teams have said that this team yall are about to play will be better then the team that went to state including players that played for the state team.... Franklin will be salty dont forget that this is the only team to beat a healthy rockdale (2017 state champion) team and they will all be back... I hope this district will be good we have been playin in the toughest dist in the state for the last two year and was district champions last year from it... Injurys bit us in the playoffs but sometimes thats the way it falls

17 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I hope yall get back to playin great ball but many players from past franklin teams have said that this team yall are about to play will be better then the team that went to state including players that played for the state team.... Franklin will be salty dont forget that this is the only team to beat a healthy rockdale (2017 state champion) team and they will all be back... I hope this district will be good we have been playin in the toughest dist in the state for the last two year and was district champions last year from it... Injurys bit us in the playoffs but sometimes thats the way it falls

lmaoo let's just hope it won't be a shootout like the last time we played 2 years ago in the 4th round

1 minute ago, CrockettDogs said:

lmaoo let's just hope it won't be a shootout like 2 years ago in the 4th round

Lmao no kidding 76 to 50.... We have a better qb and a better stable of running backs now though and had the number 1 tackler in the brazos valley who is coming back with over 200 tackles as a sophmore... I guess the most difference you will see in us is more passing and more speed now its not alot more passing maybe 12 to 14 passes a game

15 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Pedraza is going to be a beast for y’all next year. He is a D1 talent in my opinion! 

O yeah he will be #15 pedraza 38 rosprim 4 dixon 7 green 12 ortner 24 fannin all coming back plus some good 8th graders will be moving up as freshman... We will have some depth this year

Yeah I don't ever remember Franklin not being stacked. We have a 6'6 230lbs sophomore receiver who has offers from Baylor, Texas etc coming back our 6'0 250lbs running back is also along with our nose guard who racked up more than 150 tackles and 13 sacks this year. We're more of a balanced offense as opposed to a couple years back since losing our 3,900 yard passer.

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

I have that game on dvd watched it about 3 weeks ago

one of the craziest games I ever saw lol those 3 consecutive onside kicks made it to 55-50 and our QB had the worst game of his HS career coming into that game with 48 touchdowns and 3 picks and doubled that in one game.

3 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

one of the craziest games I ever saw lol those 3 consecutive onside kicks made it to 55-50 and our QB had the worst game of his HS career coming into that game with 48 touchdowns and 3 picks and doubled that in one game.

Yeah i kept saying get on the ball every onside kick and i was like i cant believe we are goin to lose this game after being up so much.... Like always we dont have size we played alot of teams this last year with size on both sides of the ball lmao we were always the smaller team this last year

40 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

#7 especially... hell of a beast. Couldn't be stopped

Yeah their other brother is playing for umhb... Family full of athletes number 4 for Franklin older brother played at u of h and in the nfl for a little while... Talent is in their blood

4 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

After that bad of a season, and a move up...i would expect Crockett to struggle a bit.

They'll bounce back.  I put Franklin ahead of them because to me, it's a no brainer, right now. Diboll because they whooped us good last year. After them 2 i believe it's open for us.

We play Coldspring last year and were competitive and lost by 6. Beat Trinity.  Scrimmaged Elkhart and there is no win/loss in scrimmage but we got the better of them. I believe it will be us and Coldspring battling for 3rd and 4th. Possibly Elkhart. 

Crockett had a VERY young team last year and a lot of them had to start because of a lot of injuries.  That will only make them kids better this year. They have some freshman and sophomores(sophmores and juniors whem the season starts) moving up that's going to play some key roles.  Of course I'm bias in that since my son is one of them. Lol 

Injuries and a young team affected us last year.  A lot of young guys got  good experience from that though.  The passing away of one of their teammates really affected them as well. He was a great kid. 

It should be a interesting year and I can't wait for Friday Night Lights.  Lol been waiting 16 years for this.